Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers Feedback and Reviews (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Henkei Megatron-my first review (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=35102)

Megatronimus 10-01-2011 02:07 PM

Henkei Megatron-my first review

So I picked up a Henkei Megatron from one of the members here on Cybertron.ca. I gotta admit that my hype for this figure was through the roof, so when my expectations were not fulfilled, I was a little heart broken.

He's not a bad mold per se, but it's definitely not the holy grail that I had expected. The gun mode is what it is; its looks like a big silver Nerf gun. It's alright, but nothing too different from his Classics iteration.

Robot mode: The colors are awesome. Love the chrome, silver and grey scheme. His face isn't totally show accurate, but its reminiscent of some of the Japanese manga and art that's floating around the net. The posability is where Im mostly disappointed with. His arms and shoulders have some great dynamic movement, if a little stiff. But the lack of waist swivel is my main issue. He comes across a little stiff in the upper body. His leg posability is a real issue for me. Not too many points of articulation (IMO). You cant do subtle movements in the legs as the points of articulation are too far between each other. When you try to split the legs and turn the lower legs and feet, he tends to fall over. His gun wings on the back dont help, and really show up as massive kibble.

In comparison to the WFC Megatron, Henkei Megs is put to shame with the great posability and dynamic positions with that the mold. If only WFC Megatron was in Voyager size, that would be heavenly.

Ill post some pics later, but maybe some of you can share your thoughts or insight on this figure.

Bountyan 10-01-2011 02:23 PM

Re: Henkei Megatron-my first review

Yeah, it's kind of hard to work his leg articulation so he can have a pose but stand at the same time.

I'd probably use WFC Megs as my Classics Megs if he was bigger and had 5mm peg holes. Sigh.

brr-icy 10-01-2011 03:26 PM

i can't justify using wfc megatron for my classics display, he's way too small, and not a gun, he looks great with the wfc figures though, hence why nerfatron leads my classics cons

hardreturn 10-01-2011 03:32 PM

I use darkside megs currently as it looks like the IDW version until my united one shows up and I can do the wing mod.

Bountyan 10-01-2011 03:45 PM

I just like to pretend his wing kibble is how he flew in the G1 cartoon. Lol.

nukedproducts 10-01-2011 04:48 PM

i actualy dont mind the wings

Akroyer 10-01-2011 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brr-icy (Post 376761)
i can't justify using wfc megatron for my classics display, he's way too small, and not a gun, he looks great with the wfc figures though, hence why nerfatron leads my classics cons

Nerfatron, I love that! :highfive:

GMfan 10-01-2011 06:49 PM

Was interested in the Henkei version but that was quickly killed when the far superior United version came out for this mold....that one looks stunning in every mold and really gives Megatron the colours he should have.

Megatronimus 10-01-2011 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardreturn (Post 376763)
I use darkside megs currently as it looks like the IDW version until my united one shows up and I can do the wing mod.

What's this? The Botcon pre-BW one?

I dont know, I mean between Henkei and United, other than the colors, the mold isnt very different. My problem is with the lack of articulation in the bottom half of the figure.

Also, in addition, I dont hate the figure, not at all. He's still a great addition to my classics display, with some nice detail and clean lines. Its just that I was so hyped for him, that the small details seem to annoy me more than they should. And at the price I got it for, I really shouldnt be complaining.

Echotransformer 10-01-2011 07:54 PM

^^ This.

And here's my take: acceptable stand-in waiting for a replacement.