Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Clear Nail Polish isn't helping my loose joints? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=28531)

Autovolt 127 01-08-2011 09:23 AM

Clear Nail Polish isn't helping my loose joints?

Ever since my Classics Mirage's arm got loose i have been trying to get his arm tighter but not too tight, you know that perfect spot, so far it hasn't worked.

For the last week, i have been applying clear nail polish on Mirage's Ball joint and it hasn't gotten any tighter. What am i doing wrong?

Can anyone help?

Tekkamanraiden 01-08-2011 09:48 AM

Re: Clear Nail Polish isn't helping my loose joints?

Are you letting it fully dry between coats (leaving it overnight)?

Bruticus82 01-08-2011 10:36 AM

Is the problem perhaps a "split" or rip on the "socket" somewhere? If it's not intact, building up the "ball" won't really help get it any tighter.

jourdo 01-08-2011 11:34 AM

My first guess would be not allowing enough dry time, but that is a good suggestion to check for damage to the joint itself.

brr-icy 01-08-2011 01:21 PM

classics mirage's arm is held around the joint with a screw right? (don't have the figure in front of me) check that the screw isn't stripped or loose, if it's that, then nail polish won't work

Autovolt 127 01-08-2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brr-icy (Post 304706)
classics mirage's arm is held around the joint with a screw right? (don't have the figure in front of me) check that the screw isn't stripped or loose, if it's that, then nail polish won't work

What do you mean by "stripped" or "Loose"?

If it is can you fix it or will i have to get a replacement Mirage?

chans formers 01-08-2011 03:49 PM

if there isn't a split in the "cup" joint,maybe try adding some clear to the "inside" of the "cup" joint,as opposed to just the ball end only.
again,patience,let it cure thoroughly:)

Matrix_Holder 01-08-2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autovolt 127 (Post 304726)
What do you mean by "stripped" or "Loose"?

If it is can you fix it or will i have to get a replacement Mirage?

if the hole is stripped that means there is nothing for the screw to hold on to, I don't think that you can fix that....maybe with a bigger screw but that might split the arm so I would not recommend it...you may have to bite the bullet and buy a new one, sorry dude.

Autovolt 127 01-08-2011 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chans formers (Post 304742)
if there isn't a split in the "cup" joint,maybe try adding some clear to the "inside" of the "cup" joint,as opposed to just the ball end only.
again,patience,let it cure thoroughly:)

Okay I just applied some on, I hope this solves it completley.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder (Post 304750)
if the hole is stripped that means there is nothing for the screw to hold on to, I don't think that you can fix that....maybe with a bigger screw but that might split the arm so I would not recommend it...you may have to bite the bullet and buy a new one, sorry dude.

It's not stripped well atleast according to my mom, so i think i'l be good for now.

Bruticus82 01-08-2011 04:41 PM

Pictures might help us all diagnose the issue. :-)

Remember to use "macro mode" on your camera (the picture on the button/setting should look like a flower).