Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Transformers Siege Reconnaissance Refraktor 3 Pack Released at Retail (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=77428)

down_shift 08-29-2019 02:19 PM

Transformers Siege Reconnaissance Refraktor 3 Pack Released at Retail

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks to Ultra Macnus and a slew of others we have confirmation that the Siege Reconnaissance Refraktor three pack is now out at Toys R Us.

This set runs for $99.99 plus taxes, and features a deco and remould that closer resembles the original G1 mail away toys.

Happy Hunting!

Alexander Quinn 08-29-2019 02:59 PM

Re: Transformers Siege Reconnaissance Refraktor 3 Pack Released at Retail

I wouldn’t mind a regular 3 pack release, but not a fan of the techno colour mismash going on here. I know it’s an homage, but still not digging it.

RNSrobot 08-29-2019 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by down_shift (Post 794793)
Thanks to Ultra Macnus and a slew of others we have confirmation that the Siege Reconnaissance Refraktor three pack is now out at Toys R Us.

This set runs for $99.99 plus taxes, and features a deco and remould that closer resembles the original G1 mail away toys.

Happy Hunting!

I think I'm gonna bite if I can find one. It's easy to buy it on site and then get that sweet, sweet LPG price match when the inevitable sale hits before the 45 day window is up.

(yes I know they've changed their return policy some; get that R ZONE card if you haven't. But I'm pretty sure the Low Price Guarantee in-store still works the same as it has for years).

RNSrobot 08-29-2019 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn (Post 794797)
I wouldn’t mind a regular 3 pack release, but not a fan of the techno colour mismash going on here. I know it’s an homage, but still not digging it.

Oh man. You just know somebody's going to buy the box set and 3 of the regular toys, then replace the normal deluxe boxes with the multicolor guys. so they can get the threepack accessories but the cartoon colors. lol

chrislopa 08-29-2019 05:12 PM

Do we have an UPC?

ngnaw 08-29-2019 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNSrobot (Post 794799)
Oh man. You just know somebody's going to buy the box set and 3 of the regular toys, then replace the normal deluxe boxes with the multicolor guys. so they can get the threepack accessories but the cartoon colors. lol

The customer service reps at TRU are cracking down on that, everytime I return something they thoroughly inspect the item which is great.

Tonestar 08-29-2019 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrislopa (Post 794820)
Do we have an UPC?

Here is Refraktor's SKU # 073728

MapleMegatron 08-29-2019 08:22 PM

At first, I was kinda ticked off since I have this on preorder at Ages 3 and up and that means I will pay full price plus shipping and get it far later (Instead of being able to get it now at TRU and having 90 days for it to go on sale and get some money back).
But then I remembered that there is no french on the box and thus I would never find it in a quebec store anyway. So in the end, its all good and what matters is I am sure to get this set one way or another.
Happy for the fellow canucks who can get it early though!

jtkv 08-29-2019 08:43 PM

TRU return policy is 30 days now...

RNSrobot 08-29-2019 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtkv (Post 794856)

That's the return policy, not low price guarantee ---

AND it is 90 days if you scan your rclub card when buying.

RNSrobot 08-29-2019 08:57 PM

Mmmm.

"We will Price Match ourselves if we lower the price for the item you bought within 30 days of the purchase date with the original receipt. The item sold at Toys"R"Us Canada must be identical to that sold at the other Canadian retailer. Price Match applies to items offered at regular price or on sale."

Ok, they lowered that. Still, fairly likely if you grab a tf at full price when you see it there will be a sale within 30 days.

"Returns or Exchanges will be given within 30 days of the purchase date with the original receipt, except as stated below.

RClub Members are eligible for an extended Policy and may Return or Exchange within 90 days of the purchase date with the original receipt and membership card, except as stated below."

Anyway, grab an r club membership and get a 90 day return window.

Alexander Quinn 08-29-2019 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNSrobot (Post 794859)
Mmmm.

"We will Price Match ourselves if we lower the price for the item you bought within 30 days of the purchase date with the original receipt. The item sold at Toys"R"Us Canada must be identical to that sold at the other Canadian retailer. Price Match applies to items offered at regular price or on sale."

Ok, they lowered that. Still, fairly likely if you grab a tf at full price when you see it there will be a sale within 30 days.

"Returns or Exchanges will be given within 30 days of the purchase date with the original receipt, except as stated below.

RClub Members are eligible for an extended Policy and may Return or Exchange within 90 days of the purchase date with the original receipt and membership card, except as stated below."

Anyway, grab an r club membership and get a 90 day return window.

I feel like there may be hoops to jump through with this. Even as an R Club member when I price matched a Marvel Legends figure on sale last week that was at the 29 day point the cashier was really insistent and vocal on how lucky I was that it was within the new 30 days. Though technically you could always point out that within 90 days you can straight up return it and rebuy it, but it might be idiotic corporate computer work to dance around. Guess we’ll see soon. My Jetfire is about to hit 30 days, and if they go on sale I’ma dance with customer service if I have to.

MapleMegatron 08-29-2019 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn (Post 794861)
I feel like there may be hoops to jump through with this. Even as an R Club member when I price matched a Marvel Legends figure on sale last week that was at the 29 day point the cashier was really insistent and vocal on how lucky I was that it was within the new 30 days. Though technically you could always point out that within 90 days you can straight up return it and rebuy it, but it might be idiotic corporate computer work to dance around. Guess we’ll see soon. My Jetfire is about to hit 30 days, and if they go on sale I’ma dance with customer service if I have to.

Just buy it again at the discount price and return it with your original receipt. You can do that all during the same trip too. We now have 90 days to do that when you scan the rcard. I was just using the short hand when I wrote my initial statement, I felt people would understand.
No hoops to jump through.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtkv (Post 794856)

It's 90 days now, if you have the rcard, which I do.
Next week I will buy Jetfire online and thus will have a 90 day window to return it, which encompasses Black Friday.

RNSrobot 08-29-2019 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MapleMegatron (Post 794863)
Just buy it again at the discount price and return it with your original receipt. You can do that all during the same trip too. We now have 90 days to do that when you scan the rcard. I was just using the short hand when I wrote my initial statement, I felt people would understand.
No hoops to jump through.

It's 90 days now, if you have the rcard, which I do.
Next week I will buy Jetfire online and thus will have a 90 day window to return it, which encompasses Black Friday.

Yep. If they really give you hell (which, to be fair, has rarely happened to me at TRU) just ask to return it and immediately rebuy it lol.

I'm going to actually call or ask a store manager to clarify the LPG. The return policy is clearly 30 days normal, 90 days if R Club member. The site doesn't say anything about the LPG.

But again, return at day 89 and rebuy it lol.

I would just buy Jetfire from the site but I haaaaaate sitting on the phone to get a price adjustment and then wait for it to come back to my visa/debit or paypal.

MapleMegatron 08-29-2019 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNSrobot (Post 794869)
I would just buy Jetfire from the site but I haaaaaate sitting on the phone to get a price adjustment and then wait for it to come back to my visa/debit or paypal.

You can get the price ajustment in store even with online orders, just print out your online receipt. I never did it on the phone. Or, like we said just to make it easy for them, we just buy one discounted whenever that happens and return it with the online receipt.

And they have never given me hell either, they just seem not sure of what to do and it may take time and they may need to call a manager and whatnot. So the buy again / return method is what I do usually. I only do the money back guarantee if the item (or one of similar SKU) is not on shelves.

RNSrobot 08-29-2019 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MapleMegatron (Post 794880)
You can get the price ajustment in store even with online orders, just print out your online receipt. I never did it on the phone. Or, like we said just to make it easy for them, we just buy one discounted whenever that happens and return it with the online receipt.

Yah. I've just run into situations where when the sale is on, you can't find the toy you want. And with the way distro is lately...

Eh. By late November Jetfire will be easy to find if you want him. When's Omega supposed to hit?

Pgianos 08-29-2019 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNSrobot (Post 794799)

Good call brother

chaingunsofdoom 08-30-2019 12:32 AM

I was returning some items in-store a few days ago and chatted with the CSR. Their terminals now inform them if you used your loyalty card and thus they will know if you have your 90 day window.

She was also nice enough to LPG a Marvel Legends item on my receipt just because she knew it was on-sale. :)

Yonoid 08-30-2019 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNSrobot (Post 794881)
Yah. I've just run into situations where when the sale is on, you can't find the toy you want. And with the way distro is lately...

Eh. By late November Jetfire will be easy to find if you want him. When's Omega supposed to hit?

I just received a back order email on omega from tru

Digibasherx 08-30-2019 02:07 AM

Ah crap, well this kinda sucks after pre-ordering this from Hasbropulse. What else are they going to bring over? The Dino cassettes too? Goddammit.

MapleMegatron 08-30-2019 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digibasherx (Post 794897)
What else are they going to bring over? The Dino cassettes too? .

Oh man, i wish!
And you can't cancel from Hasbro Pulse? I know cancelling from Ages3andup will result in you paying them a 15% restocking fee.

Banshee 08-30-2019 12:51 PM

Even though this set has no french text on the packagjng, it's still available in Quebec.

riderman 08-30-2019 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonestar (Post 794832)
Here is Refraktor's SKU # 073728

Hey ToneStar, Did you pick this $100 set at Pickering Toys R Us? Looks great hopefully my local TRU gets this. Thanks for the SKU:)

Tonestar 08-30-2019 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riderman (Post 794949)
Hey ToneStar, Did you pick this $100 set at Pickering Toys R Us? Looks great hopefully my local TRU gets this. Thanks for the SKU:)

UR welcome ! Yeah I got the last set yesterday in Pickering, it is REALLY cool.
TRU Whitby may have 1 left so you may wanna check them out if you want one and you're in the neighbourhood.

MapleMegatron 08-30-2019 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banshee (Post 794935)
Even though this set has no french text on the packagjng, it's still available in Quebec.

There is one TRU in Quebec that keeps getting boxes that dont ship to the rest of quebec. Was it found at that one place or at several Quebec TRUs?

ssjgoku22 08-31-2019 11:51 AM

Ugh, it's annoying when people can't get their story straight. Went to TRU yesterday, gave them the Reflector sku and was told 17 inbound to that store for today. Called back as soon as the store opened today, gave them the sku today and was now there's only 2 coming in foreign transit (whatever that means).

This thing is going to be a pain in the ass to find. Oh well, let the hunt begin :primelaugh:

Collectingtoys 09-01-2019 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 (Post 795049)
Ugh, it's annoying when people can't get their story straight. Went to TRU yesterday, gave them the Reflector sku and was told 17 inbound to that store for today. Called back as soon as the store opened today, gave them the sku today and was now there's only 2 coming in foreign transit (whatever that means).

This thing is going to be a pain in the ass to find. Oh well, let the hunt begin :primelaugh:

Seems like a lot of the Toys R Us here in the Greater Toronto Area got their shipments. I've only been buying Transformers for 3-4 years now, but I find the higher price point figures/sets are much easier to obtain.

Perhaps it's a lot of money plus real estate storage for the scalpers to buy up the more expensive & larger sets vs. the smaller figures in the $20-$30 range.

ssjgoku22 09-04-2019 01:41 PM

So I went to TRU yesterday and gave them the sku for the Refraktor set. It shows up in their system, but it looks like none of them are being shipped to western Canada TRU's currently....

RNSrobot 09-04-2019 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 (Post 795466)
So I went to TRU yesterday and gave them the sku for the Refraktor set. It shows up in their system, but it looks like none of them are being shipped to western Canada TRU's currently....

It'll show up next week lol :primelaugh:

Mumps 09-04-2019 03:45 PM

Someone found a set in Calgary today, so it is in Western Canada. The sighting was posted elsewhere, and there was only 1 on the shelf, which he bought. Market Mall TRU. Maybe the other 3 TRU's have some? Go check, Calgary peeps!

Pgianos 09-04-2019 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banshee (Post 794935)

I'm surprised the masses haven't taken to the streets in protest.

freshmeat666 09-15-2019 09:34 AM

For anyone looking for this set, there were three on hand at Toys R Us at Upper Canada Mall yesterday. It's an interesting set, but way outside of my price point.