Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   G1 Soundwave, Gears and Warpath Released in Canada (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=76934)

MapleMegatron 07-15-2019 02:15 PM

Re: G1 Soundwave, Gears and Warpath Released in Canada

Quote:

Originally Posted by riderman (Post 790603)
Do you mean this seeker set I found at the Eglington Walmart yesterday night?

Yeah, I mean that one. Comes out to pretty cheap per seeker (compared to what Starscream went for at first).

riderman 07-15-2019 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incepticon (Post 790696)
Wait, what? That set is currently hitting stores??

Quote:

Originally Posted by seancuthbertca (Post 790697)
The conehead seeker Platinum eidtion set was at Walmart's a couple years ago. Maybe it's coming back too.

Old stock that have been sitting at Walmart for quite some time. You can tell that from the wear and tear on the sides of the box. I wonder why they still use the wire guards? Don't they know it will damage the box, well it must cost a lot if they strap it up.

Incepticon 07-15-2019 10:11 PM

Ah damn. I missed that set the first time around. Was hoping for a do-over... especially for THAT price.

Thanks for clearing things up.

freakx2001 07-16-2019 10:23 AM

I would say the Seeker set is an online return that was put back on the shelf for some reason

Yonoid 07-16-2019 10:41 AM

I still see a few stores with those seeker sets shelfwarming since I started collecting

QuadESL63 07-16-2019 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seancuthbertca (Post 790697)
The conehead seeker Platinum eidtion set was at Walmart's a couple years ago. Maybe it's coming back too.

Just old stocks... there is one stuck in Markham Rd + Steeles E Walmart like forever... have been scanned at $70-80 still (yes, I checked once in a while). Hit under $30 I will grab it lol

Vakamadisk 07-16-2019 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seancuthbertca (Post 790612)
To me, Soundwave is worth it. Trailerless Prime? Not so much. I figure they'll charge $19 for the pairs of cassettes when they're released.

Just ran the UPCs for the cassettes through the system of the Wal-Mart I work at. Both 2-packs are $29.97 each.

FreakNasty 07-17-2019 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vakamadisk (Post 790851)
Just ran the UPCs for the cassettes through the system of the Wal-Mart I work at. Both 2-packs are $29.97 each.

OUCH!!!!!

seancuthbertca 07-17-2019 10:00 PM

$30 for a set of two? Is the price gouging Hasbro or Walmart? That's as bad as trailerless Prime for $70. I just wanted them to have a set that could be in robot/animal mode and have tight joints. My G1 originals are worn and have loose joints. But $60 for both sets is crazy. Maybe if I get a gift card or something.

blindsorcerer 07-18-2019 10:46 AM

I might have to get that just for the box ... hit the nostalgia cord pretty hard !