Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Cybertron.ca Supporters Program Now Online (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=25773)

Super_Megatron 09-03-2010 10:31 AM

Cybertron.ca Supporters Program Now Online

1 Attachment(s)
Why Donate?
Cybertron.ca has grown a lot over the past few years into the premier Canadian Transformers collectors community. With this comes higher bandwidth usage and server costs, as well as the costs of upgrades and patches to the forum software and implementing this. By donating, you can help us pay for the costs involved in keeping this site running the best it can. You can do so by using the donate button on the right hand side of this site. Thanks to everyone for your support!

Donation Perks:
If you choose to donate and help support Cybertron.ca, here is what you will get for a total donation of 25 dollars or more (you can build up to it):
-Access to our Cybertron.ca Supporters Lounge private forum, only for staff, contributors, and donors. (Sorry, 18+ only)
-Upgraded Personal Message Space (PMs) to 500 Message Storage
-Upgraded Maximum Number of Personal Messages (PMs) to 25 people at once
-An automatically generated Badge showing you as a Cybertron.ca Supporter in all your posts.
-Upgraded Profile Picture Limit to 300 X 300, 200 KB
-Upgraded User Avatar Limits to 150 X 150, Animated
-Upgraded Signature Limits to 700 X 300 and 2 images (combined height and width must not exceed the maximum)
-Username change now only available to supporters

Upgrading of your account to use these new features is not automatic please PM Super_Megatron with your paypal address once you have donated so he can add you into the supporter usergroup as soon as he can.

ANDROID PRIME 09-03-2010 10:37 AM

Re: Cybertron.ca Supporters Program Now Online

The sighting boards alone have saved me well over 25$ in gas and wasted time driving around to toy stores. so I am in, Thanks for giving me a place to waste time during work.

Bruticus82 09-03-2010 10:49 AM

I'm not overly concerned with most of the perks (2 images in signature, profile pic, avatar, etc.) Upgraded pm space would be nice though.

I probably won't do it right away, but I likely will eventually.

chroma23 09-03-2010 10:50 AM

while i will be happy to support this forum, may i ask why is the exclusive lounge 18+ only? transformers p0rn?
________
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada History

GMfan 09-03-2010 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chroma_cg (Post 271504)
while i will be happy to support this forum, may i ask why is the exclusive lounge 18+ only? transformers p0rn?

No TF p0rn. It's mostly due to the anything goes nature of it...and the gratuitous use of dak.

Super_Megatron 09-03-2010 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chroma_cg (Post 271504)

Lets hope not, but I anticipate a more adult atmosphere.

Will hit up the first round of supporter access at lunch, thanks guys.

Cliffjumper69 09-03-2010 10:56 AM

Im in! I love this board and Ill help out in any way I can! :D

*EDIT* DONATE'D!!!!! :)

jourdo 09-03-2010 10:58 AM

I donated to TFW, and I like this place a little more... so why not?

Now when do I get more naked pictures of GMfan? That was one of the perks... right?

Nemesis Predaking 09-03-2010 11:00 AM

Just send mine.
Can't rightly not as I'm the one that presented the idea.

Bruticus82 09-03-2010 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jourdo (Post 271511)
I donated to TFW, and I like this place a little more... so why not?

I like this place a lot more than TFW. Not sure why, it has more of a community feel to it. Maybe it also has something to do with the fact I found cybertron.ca first. *shrugs*

jourdo 09-03-2010 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruticus82 (Post 271515)
I like this place a lot more than TFW. Not sure why, it has more of a community feel to it. Maybe it also has something to do with the fact I found cybertron.ca first. *shrugs*

Totally agree that this place has more of a community feel. I rarely even check out the TF sections on TFW anymore as they have gotten overrun by... what is the polite way to say it... nope got nothing... you know what I mean. I prefer the overall level headedness of the crazy Canucks (and the adopted US-Americans like Sami) on this site.

This place feels like a home, and if it helps keep it running smoothly I have no problem chucking some bucks to the cause.

GMfan 09-03-2010 11:10 AM

And because you all love my antics, insight, looks, charm, podcast, blue eyes, overall knowledge, lustrous hair, quick wit, passion, and fixation with Ultra Magnus.

Right?....right!? .... aight :cool:

FreedomGundam 09-03-2010 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMfan (Post 271522)
And because you all love my antics, insight, looks, charm, podcast, blue eyes, overall knowledge, lustrous hair, quick wit, passion, and fixation with Ultra Magnus.

You lie. You don't have blue eyes...

GMfan 09-03-2010 11:21 AM

I DO! You just have to look at them instead of staring at my chest for a change! I'M NOT A PIECE OF MEAT!

jourdo 09-03-2010 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMfan (Post 271529)
I DO! You just have to look at them instead of staring at my chest for a change! I'M NOT A PIECE OF MEAT!

Since when?

Bruticus82 09-03-2010 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMfan (Post 271522)

I'm forced to admit your hair is rather lustrous. You also seem to be moderately fond of this Magnus character. :p

Team Jetfire 09-03-2010 11:48 AM

Well, I was going to use this money for blow, but since cybertron is my online home, I may as well spend it on something that will last more that 2 hours. :)

Quote:

I agree with Jourdo. When weren't you a piece of meat.

zuffyprime 09-03-2010 11:54 AM

happy to support - just donated :)

StarwarsTF 09-03-2010 11:56 AM

Not a bad idea, congrats! Ill wait till after the wedding calms down, just a question though will this support both cybertron and AFN or will there be a second donation later on needed??

jacobot 09-03-2010 11:57 AM

Ok ok... Done. Don't spend it ALL on booze eh ;)

UltraPrimal 09-03-2010 12:20 PM

I already gave at the office.

TMIIWonkoNemises 09-03-2010 12:26 PM

It would be interesting to finally have access to the Lounge and see what you boys really do talk about...when I get some loose change running around,I'll donate sometime soon.

Nemesis Predaking 09-03-2010 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMIIWonkoNemises (Post 271555)
It would be interesting to finally have access to the Lounge and see what you boys really do talk about...when I get some loose change running around,I'll donate sometime soon.

I'm sure the lounge here & on TFW will be somewhat different.

bedtime 09-03-2010 12:49 PM

just donated.

i'm pretty new here and even though i LOVE the site/forums, i'm a little torn on whether or not getting more and more addicted to the plastic crack is a good thing or a bad thing...

Ozrein 09-03-2010 01:02 PM

Dang, I just emptied my paypal account to pay for the Crossfire sets. But as soon as I get some more coin in there, I'll be happy to donate here. It's a great site, one of my favorites for sure.

Nocturn 09-03-2010 01:14 PM

Welp.

osotech 09-03-2010 01:22 PM

Here since only last december, but it's the first time i like a community on the net, never been involved in another one before.

Before becoming member here i dindt even check my email weekly, sometime not even monthly.

Now i have to come here at least once a day.

Long live Cybertron.ca!

Donation sent

CyberMnky 09-03-2010 01:24 PM

Soon as payday hits Im in...

brr-icy 09-03-2010 01:26 PM

will donate asap after the move settles down

Super_Megatron 09-03-2010 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarwarsTF (Post 271541)
Not a bad idea, congrats! Ill wait till after the wedding calms down, just a question though will this support both cybertron and AFN or will there be a second donation later on needed??

ActionFigureNews.ca has really picked up traffic over the last year but the majority of the bandwidth of the 2 is from this site. Being as they are both on the same server you could say any donation here does indirectly help AFN.

Thanks to everyone that has already donated.

GMfan 09-03-2010 04:17 PM

Ya...thanks crew...

Gotta say, I like this new supporters lounge forum...it's been fun for the 15 minutes we've now shared on it.

BadJeff 09-03-2010 04:59 PM

I donated only because i thought we'd get a "No Ma'am" tshirt out of the deal.....

Team Jetfire 09-03-2010 05:04 PM

:(

I wish I could play in the lounge like everyone else.

I guess my payment takes longer.

I'm good for it, I promise!
lol.

chans formers 09-03-2010 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadJeff (Post 271689)
I donated only because i thought we'd get a "No Ma'am" tshirt out of the deal.....

lolz!!and a copy of "bigguns":D

i guess this would be a question for supermegs,

what if you want to donate but don't have/use paypal:o?can a canadapost money order be sent somewhere?
worse case scenario,i may be able to convince a fellow local member here to donate "extra" on my behalf and just pay him cash but what would the logistics involved be to make sure it's verified that the extra donation sent would be identified as coming from myself?

TheLogicalProwl 09-03-2010 06:47 PM

I will chip in my $25 once. I sure would love to get an upgrade on my PM limit.

Hopefully you guys will give supporters some nice deal/exclusive thingy for TFCon 2011. Just a thought.

Blurrz 09-03-2010 08:49 PM

Can I donate toys instead?

Cliffjumper69 09-03-2010 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLogicalProwl
Hopefully you guys will give supporters some nice deal/exclusive thingy for TFCon 2011. Just a thought.

Chris will get "handy" with all the supporters at TFcon 2011 :cool:

bedtime 09-03-2010 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLogicalProwl (Post 271746)

i know this seems like a lot to ask (maybe?) but i'm all for this idea!

racerguy76 09-03-2010 09:38 PM

This is a good thing.

I have sent my twenty-five hundred pennies.

Super_Megatron 09-03-2010 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chans formers (Post 271720)
lolz!!and a copy of "bigguns":D

i guess this would be a question for supermegs,

what if you want to donate but don't have/use paypal:o?can a canadapost money order be sent somewhere?
worse case scenario,i may be able to convince a fellow local member here to donate "extra" on my behalf and just pay him cash but what would the logistics involved be to make sure it's verified that the extra donation sent would be identified as coming from myself?

No problem, PM me and we can work it out.