Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Transformers G1 Commemorative Series Listing in Toys R Us Canada Computers (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=15547)

Code of Honor 05-12-2009 06:14 PM

New Transformers G1 Commemorative Series Listing in Toys R Us Canada Computers

1 Attachment(s)
Cybertron.ca member megashockwave has posted an interesting item that was found in the Toys R Us Canada Computers.

TRANSFORMERS UNVRS G1 COMMEMORATIVE SRS
($49.99, SKU: 847585, UPC: 653569444213)

With an estimated shipping date of September 2009

Could this be the return of the G1 Commemorative Series under the Universe label?

megashockwave 05-12-2009 06:14 PM

New G1 Listing at TRU!

I was searching the product listings in the Toys R Us computer system for anything new/interesting today, and I think i hit the jackpot. The listing reads as such:

Now, I haven't heard anything about this before today, but it appears as if TRU will be reissuing some classic G1 characters before the end of the year! (Initial shipping date is scheduled for September.) If anyone out there has any info, please post it here. I'd love to find out which ones are being brought back, since i wasn't able to get all of the ones they put out a few years ago.

pandaprime 05-12-2009 06:51 PM

Re: New G1 Listing at TRU!

Sweetness! :)

Bruticus82 05-12-2009 06:53 PM

Megashockwave, that is an awesome find! Thanks!

Batman 05-12-2009 07:29 PM

YESSSS!!!!!!!!!

I hope it is something that has not been reissued yet.

JaySmith 05-12-2009 07:42 PM

25th Anniversary Megatron or Starscream possibly? :o None the less, whatever it is, I'll be buying it! As I unfortunately missed out on a number of the commemorative series Transformers from TRU. :(

QuadESL63 05-12-2009 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megashockwave (Post 133080)

Now, I haven't heard anything about this before today, but it appears as if TRU will be reissuing some classic G1 characters before the end of the year! (Initial shipping date is scheduled for September.) If anyone out there has any info, please post it here. I'd love to find out which ones are being brought back, since i wasn't able to get all of the ones they put out a few years ago.

I haven't heard/read about anything... but my guess :D is Hasbro is picking up something from the TomyTakara Encore series. $49.99 is a bit too much for a small G1 Autobot car like Ironhide. Sky Lynx? Probably not Metroplex. May be the Thundercracker + Skywarp set?

JaySmith 05-12-2009 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuadESL63 (Post 133104)
I haven't heard/read about anything... but my guess :D is Hasbro is picking up something from the TomyTakara Encore series. $49.99 is a bit too much for a small G1 Autobot car like Ironhide. Sky Lynx? Probably not Metroplex. May be the Thundercracker + Skywarp set?

If memory serves me, when the TRU Commemorative Series was first issued the Autobot cars were $39.99 and the Decepticon seekers were $49.99. I honestly wouldn't expect Sky Lynx, or Metroplex for $49.99 as Powermaster Optimus Prime was around $79.99.

Optimus_Prime 05-12-2009 08:14 PM

Re: New Transformers G1 Commemorative Series Listing in Toys R Us Canada Computers

Cool, but I don't want to be tempted to buy another Soundwave if it has other cassettes. I want Jazz! Trailbreaker! Wheeljack! All those other guys who weren't made in classics! I just hope they make a wise choice on which ones to release, and I hope there aren't too many for me to buy, especially during the ROTF line.

TFtoys 05-12-2009 08:28 PM

Re: New Transformers G1 Commemorative Series Listing in Toys R Us Canada Computers

this could be an indication for Hasbro trying to use the Transformers wave to take over more shelve space and my pocket is going to be shrink again:p