Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Iron Man 3 (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=46901)

UltraMagnus69 05-06-2013 11:52 PM

Re: Iron Man 3

Just came back from watching this. I thought it was great. Much better than 2. A little bit of a let down with the false mandarin but the action was great. Now bring on Tony's alcoholism. Demon in a bottle was my favourite storyline.

jjwankenobi 05-07-2013 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltraMagnus69 (Post 506676)
Just came back from watching this. I thought it was great. Much better than 2. A little bit of a let down with the false mandarin but the action was great. Now bring on Tony's alcoholism. Demon in a bottle was my favourite storyline.

I read somewhere that Disney has forbid any Iron Man storyline that would involve alcoholism. So I'm sorry to say the so long as Mickey is Marvel you won't ever see a hammered Stark.

Scrapper6 05-07-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjwankenobi (Post 506681)
I read somewhere that Disney has forbid any Iron Man storyline that would involve alcoholism. So I'm sorry to say the so long as Mickey is Marvel you won't ever see a hammered Stark.

Uh, hello, didn't we already see a Hammered Stark in Iron Man 2? (Heh, heh, what a bad pun.)

Seriously the dude was drunk off his arse while wearing the Iron Man armor, or have we all just conveniently forgotten about this aspect of the film because we hated it so much?

Team Jetfire 05-07-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Disney is not against alcohol. It is a main plot point in many pirate movies.

wervenom 05-07-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

I don't think the person who wrote what you read ever saw Pirates of the Carribean movies. C'est la vie. Got my tix and heading to an 8:30 show, so hopefully the wife likes it

jjwankenobi 05-07-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wervenom (Post 506815)
I don't think the person who wrote what you read ever saw Pirates of the Carribean movies. C'est la vie. Got my tix and heading to an 8:30 show, so hopefully the wife likes it

I dunno... IMO, there's a big diff between pirate-theme drunken hilarity ensuing versus depictions of the hero reaching his lowest point spiritually, physically and emotionally. Rather than attempt to do justice to the awesome "Demon In A Bottle" story arc by showing Tony Leaving Las Vegas I totally understand Disney sidestepping Stark's destructive penchant for the drinky drink altogether.

Pascal 05-07-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapper6 (Post 506805)
Uh, hello, didn't we already see a Hammered Stark in Iron Man 2? (Heh, heh, what a bad pun.)

Seriously the dude was drunk off his arse while wearing the Iron Man armor, or have we all just conveniently forgotten about this aspect of the film because we hated it so much?

This. We've seen Iron Drunk, the series is past that now.

takaraJoe 05-08-2013 12:22 AM

iron man 4 better be about armor wars, why the hell was the war machine armor compromised twice?

FreedomGundam 05-08-2013 02:09 AM

Just saw this.

Was fun, albeit full of plot holes and a little too much goofy humor with the Mk.42. You do feel bad for the Mk.42, because it's almost like he's trying so hard, but fails. :)

My rule for buying Hot Toys figures for this movie was "Anything that Stark and Rhodes actually WEAR." I was originally under the impression that they wear only the Mk.42 and Iron Patriot respectively. But, in the "final battle", Stark also wears, in order:
- Mk.33 Silver Centurion (when he goes to free Pepper)
- Mk.16 Nightclub (start of the battle with Killian)
- Mk.40 Shotgun (continuing to fight Killian)
- Mk.15 Sneaky (only partially; when he's running away from Killian)

Other notable suits:
- Mk.41 Bones (Stark tried to wear it, but it was knocked away, I think)
- Mk.17 Heartbreaker (carries Rhodes away)
- Mk.35 Red Snapper (fights some Extremis guys, doesn't do much)
- Mk.38 Igor (becomes a support tower... geez)
- Mk.25 Striker (takes out two Extremis guys in style)

I'm pretty sure I saw the Mk.37 Hammerhead at some point and the Mk.39 Gemini in a wide shot (doesn't do anything, though), but I really can't remember anymore.

Matrix_Holder 05-08-2013 03:26 AM

^ nerd alert. Lol j/k.