Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Reprolabels - Canada? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=69633)

theoneyouknowleast 04-09-2018 04:28 PM

Re: Reprolabels - Canada?

Looks like there is a 30% off sale going on at Repro labels right now, saw a post on another forum, but have not seen an official announcement anywhere.

Chigimus 04-09-2018 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theoneyouknowleast (Post 757319)
Looks like there is a 30% off sale going on at Repro labels right now, saw a post on another forum, but have not seen an official announcement anywhere.

Thanks for the heads up, that's awesome! It's pretty much the equivalent of getting convention savings early instead of waiting for July.

evenstaves 05-14-2018 10:39 AM

Heads up everybody, just noticed the Reprolabels/Toyhax sale is now at 40% off

Yonoid 06-26-2018 02:58 PM

fyi spoke to a rep today, for those attending TFCON their labels will be in CDN dollars on par with their website.

i.e. label set $5 USD on website, will be $5 CDN at convention

MapleMegatron 06-26-2018 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yonoid (Post 763397)
fyi spoke to a rep today, for those attending TFCON their labels will be in CDN dollars on par with their website.

Thats a great deal, lucky for those who can attend!

theoneyouknowleast 06-26-2018 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yonoid (Post 763397)

Oh man the wallet! Good News!

MilanX3 10-05-2018 07:26 PM

Hi there,

I was considering making my first order from Reprolabels, now Toyhax I guess?

I was wondering if anyone can recommend any really great label sets I should consider? Any great parts sets?

What company makes their parts sets?

Is there any coupons or best time to make orders with them? I think they have a sale now, or are they just permanent clearance prices?

Thanks group!
MilanX3

ssjgoku22 10-06-2018 12:39 AM

Yeah, that's kind of ridiculous since they're a Canadian based company but refuse to sell Canadians merchandise in Canadian dollars and, on top of that, charge excessive shipping fees.

Imo, I don't think their products are that high of quality either. I've purchased label sets before from them, applied them to my figures, and within a few months, the stickers are already lifting off of the figures. I understand that they are stickers in the end, but I also build Gundams, and the stickers on those model kits seem to remain stuck forever (just something to keep in mind).

MilanX3 10-06-2018 12:56 AM

Thanks for your input.

Is there another company that makes stickers for TF and other toy lines?

For shipping, I think if you get many sets its worth it, but how many does one need at one time. As well, we end up paying the Cdn tax calculated in US Dollars, which is measured at the same % but add alot to the costs when importing under a certain amount leads to no tax.

I enjoy Gundams as well, some have proper model decals, but those eye stickers on the Gundams never look as good as they need to look :). I am guessing the stickers for Repro might be as good as those that come with TF from Hasbro from the 80s. Its why I am wondering if there is a coupon code or a way to reduce the costs for my first order so I can try them out the first time without too high a cost and see how good they can be.

For Gundam and best stickers, there is actually a way to print out modelling decals with a special paper, or just buy needed decal sets from a hobby shop. They wont last under punishment or survive kids playing with a toy with those decals, but they do look quite nice if applied properly. They also slide a bit so when you apply them its easier to adjust of crooked I find. I was considering getting a model of an F-15 and just make it look like a precise Skywarp, but the MP figures do a really great job at capturing the shape and accuracy of a real F-15, so project cancelled.

Thanks for your help!

Shockwave 75 10-06-2018 01:49 AM

I've ordered quite a bit from them. Just recently I got the sets for the POTP Predaking set and they're fantastic!
Before then I got the sets for the Voltron Legendary Defender lions. Both sets take good sets and turn them into premium figures.

I agree with all that's been said about their pricing and totally agree that they should sell to Canadians in Canadian, but I think that's why they've been doing sales much more often.