Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   BATTLE IN SPACE Cyclonus & Rodimus (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=28137)

digitalskull 12-21-2010 01:51 PM

BATTLE IN SPACE Cyclonus & Rodimus

Good Day Fellow Collector!

Anyone got their their package yet?
I ordered from TFSource and still waiting for mine...

Thanks!
Dan

General Tekno 12-21-2010 04:02 PM

Re: BATTLE IN SPACE Cyclonus & Rodimus

Mine's in the mail, but it shipped Monday.

Echotransformer 12-21-2010 07:32 PM

Is this set any different than the 3-pack that had Galvatron?

Dragon Knight 12-21-2010 07:38 PM

I'd love to see how the Rodimus in this set would look with Protector.

Saundowaivu 12-21-2010 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon Knight (Post 301276)
I'd love to see how the Rodimus in this set would look with Protector.

BOOSH!

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/7646/rod06.jpg

digitalskull 12-21-2010 08:49 PM

Where did you guys order from to get them?

A Rep at TFsource replied to me:

Hello Dan,

These are scheduled for an estimated release of this month December 2010. However, the Manufacturer has not yet given us the date of when he plans to ship them or even that they are completed.

As soon as we get word, Curt will post on the site in the TFsource News section right away.

Most likely even before I hear of it!

Happy Holidays!

Thanks and Best Regards,

Nicole

zerocustom 12-21-2010 09:00 PM

mine is on the way from BBTS I don't expect it till the new year though.

Protoman 12-21-2010 09:19 PM

It's on it's way, it shipped out. SHould be here soon with my other crap.

Dragon Knight 12-21-2010 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saundowaivu (Post 301284)
*Snips*

You know, call me crazy but I think that version looks pretty good with the protector armour...even though I have a Classics Rodimus, I might have to hunt that Rodimus down to use it with that set instead.

ChrisW 12-21-2010 11:23 PM

I quite like the Cyclonus, but care nothing for the Rodimus. Why must such a cool Cyclonus be in a multipack with figures I don't want? :doh:

On the other hand, if any Vancouverites are looking for a cheap Rodimus but don't want the Cyclonus...

Bruticus82 12-21-2010 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalskull (Post 301287)
Where did you guys order from to get them?

Not sure, what other people did, but automatontoys says they are arriving this week.

shockwing 12-21-2010 11:28 PM

I got the the three-pack of the set

Saundowaivu 12-21-2010 11:29 PM

All I can say is that the in person the Reds don't match up, personally I'm much happier with my Classics Roddy wearing the suit.

Mumps 12-22-2010 01:01 AM

I paid for mine through Automaton today, so I should have it next week.

Sun Swipe Prime 12-22-2010 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon Knight (Post 301307)
You know, call me crazy but I think that version looks pretty good with the protector armour...even though I have a Classics Rodimus, I might have to hunt that Rodimus down to use it with that set instead.

Actually, I agree. It's not too bady if you don't have a classics Rodimus. Hmmm... more options.

Supernova 12-22-2010 08:11 AM

Ordered mine from Automaton as well, though I imagine since Canada Post is shut down for the most part between now and the rest of the year (that and the fact that they don't actually have them in stock just yet), I don't think it'll arrive before 2011.

I'm hoping down the road that FP will release a version of Protector to match the RtS colour scheme. I've really warmed up to the set since I've seen pics and reviews, but being kinda short on cash right now means I have to pass right now anyways, especially if the colours don't really match (it's most glaring in vehicle mode).

Tekkamanraiden 01-04-2011 12:49 AM

The Ark 01-04-2011 01:15 AM

My 2-pack is on it's way along with Protector number 2.

tusko 01-08-2011 06:11 PM

Is this going to see release on the shelves or is it only though specialty toy shops?

stinky 01-08-2011 07:23 PM

i'm in currently in mississippi for work and picked up a couple of these at a local target. my only real complaint is that the targetmaster has two right feet:banghead: the multiple shades of purple on cyclonus are really cool looking though

King Benny 01-08-2011 07:32 PM

In alt mode only, I think the BIS Rodimus looks poor with the protector set. The difference in colours, the blue windows and the grey tires of BIS Rodimus just looks bad.

With that said, I think BIS Rodimus looks fantastic with the protector armour in robot mode! The different red variations plus gold chrome spoilers really make the character stand out. To me, it doesn't look out of place at all. The colours work and I love it!:clapping: If you're like me and you plan on displaying it in robot mode only, the BIS Rodimus is a great alternative!

http://benandwindy.smugmug.com/Other...79_N2dmx-M.jpg

http://benandwindy.smugmug.com/Other...00_MzNyx-M.jpg

Sigh.. my Cyclonus on the other hand is flawed. For display purposes, cyclonus looks perfect in robot and alt modes. But soon as you being transforming, the hinge on the right arm for the black swing will pop out. It's happening because they used the wrong screw (a larger one). The larger screw causes the black plastic to bulge out so the swing arm won't fit securely. Someone else on TFW2005 reported the same issue.

http://benandwindy.smugmug.com/Other...77_UinAD-M.jpg

GMfan 01-08-2011 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tusko (Post 304781)
Is this going to see release on the shelves or is it only though specialty toy shops?

Should be available to all big 3 retailers in Canada

Matrix_Holder 01-08-2011 09:33 PM

I want to get one of these sets, I already have the challenge at cybertron set and want another cyclonus...for "his armada"...I have 2 Universe cyclonii and I am getting 5 scourges for scourge and his sweeps and 1 MOC. The extra hot rod would be good too.

Breakdown 01-09-2011 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Benny (Post 304804)

Shockingly this DOES look good. So torn! :(

TinTip 01-09-2011 10:08 PM

I think both figures look great, but im thinking Hot Rod needs and new chest sticker from repro labels to truly look mint

Cpl. Chrissandwich 01-23-2011 09:07 PM

Transformers Battle in Space Cyclonus vs Rodimus

Hey guys this is probably a stupid question, but Im just wondering if we are getting Transformers Battle in Space Cyclonus vs Rodimus Set at retail?

The reason why Im asking is because I never got a classics Rodimus figure yet and the animated one doesnt catch my interest.

Any info on this would be great guys thanks.

shockwing 01-23-2011 09:12 PM

Re: Transformers Battle in Space Cyclonus vs Rodimus

no info about a Canadian release, I think it is a TRU exlusive

Masta_Skidz 01-23-2011 09:13 PM

It is Sold at Target In the U.S so it will most likely be released in Zellers as most Target sets do.

Cpl. Chrissandwich 01-23-2011 09:40 PM

Hmm thats weird I had made a other comment into a thread and I checked this for info and found my thread...or post. Anyway, if it is released, whats the price we think? Im thinking 24.99.

Masta_Skidz 01-23-2011 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cpl. Chrissandwich (Post 308482)
Hmm thats weird I had made a other comment into a thread and I checked this for info and found my thread...or post. Anyway, if it is released, whats the price we think? Im thinking 24.99.

I hope :clapping:... not like I wont shell out the extra if I have to I am rather new to collecting myself and missed out on the Classics/Universe line :doh: :banghead: so I am glad I might get the cance to grab one at retail.

Bruticus82 01-23-2011 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cpl. Chrissandwich (Post 308482)

Yeah, the mods consolidated your thread with this one to avoid having multiple threads on the same topic.

GMfan 01-23-2011 10:43 PM

That and the question was already answered within the thread, it just takes a little reading

freakx2001 01-24-2011 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masta_Skidz (Post 308473)
It is Sold at Target In the U.S so it will most likely be released in Zellers as most Target sets do.

Picked this set up yesterday in a Walmart in New York. Paid $19.96 +tax.

Masta_Skidz 01-24-2011 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freakx2001 (Post 308586)
Picked this set up yesterday in a Walmart in New York. Paid $19.96 +tax.

Awesome then there is hope that we all might have a chance at this pack

Cpl. Chrissandwich 01-24-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMfan (Post 308508)
That and the question was already answered within the thread, it just takes a little reading

I never saw this thread once. So, hence my attempt at my thread haha. Anyway, from the sounds of it we should be getting this. Im happy, finally have chance at a Rodimus. And Im not saying that for the Fansproject upgrade. Just never had one.

Batman 01-25-2011 10:46 PM

I honestly only want the Cyclonus and I am hoping to get him on the cheap at some point.

Hellboy 01-27-2011 06:14 PM

I'm pleased with the set. I like that the Matrix is actually metal. Rodimus could have used a translucent windshield and more mobility in his legs (they don't move back much as they are obstructed by the vehicle canopy) but it's a nice set none-the-less especially when you get it on sale for under $20.

ang3l3s 01-27-2011 06:42 PM

They really lowered the quality of the figures in this set but i still might pick it up if it's cheap !!

Shockwave 75 01-28-2011 12:40 AM

What's everybody else doing with the Matrix in the set?

I just stuck mine in my G1 Prime's chest.