Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Buy/Sell/Trade Feedback (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   I got scammed by user Mindtricks who also has username Nostalgic (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=71515)

positivelyken 02-01-2018 09:26 AM

Re: I got scammed by user Mindtricks who also has username Nostalgic

Quote:

Originally Posted by alternatorfan (Post 752373)
Same here asking to pick up reissue g1 Megatron from a kijiji ad in Winnipeg same spiel he gave me
"Crooked person "

Hah. I got a message like that too.

Robimus 02-01-2018 10:03 AM

Just to update, both the Nostalgic and MindTricks accounts have been banned from Cybertron.ca.

wervenom 02-01-2018 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robimus (Post 752383)
Just to update, both the Nostalgic and MindTricks accounts have been banned from Cybertron.ca.

Good to know but stupid question. What stops this person from opening a new account and coming back?

Robimus 02-01-2018 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wervenom (Post 752387)
Good to know but stupid question. What stops this person from opening a new account and coming back?

It is difficult. We can and do ban by IP address, but a motivated individual can find ways around these things.

legotf 02-01-2018 11:29 AM

I'd like to go to the police. I have the photo of "Tony" and apparently his suspected name is Kevin Cheung. Do we have other details? What city is he in? The most incriminating piece of evidence is the email address associated to his bank account. The police should be able to track that to a legit account and go from there, but any and all details help.

Nocturn 02-01-2018 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robimus (Post 752395)
It is difficult. We can and do ban by IP address, but a motivated individual can find ways around these things.

I'm sure, by now, he's figured out how. Appreciate the effort nonetheless!

Sorry to the OP. I never doubted your misfortune, but my deal with the user was all above board, so it's just befuddling that I didn't get ripped off, or that someone could be so two-faced. Regardless, I hope you find some way of reimbursement.

legotf 02-02-2018 07:29 PM

Can the mods provide me with his IP address to give to the police? I know it is asking a lot.