Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fansproject Glacialbots (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47877)

Undrave 06-27-2013 03:11 AM

Re: Fansproject Glacialbots

I hope one of them is a Terrorbird...

Requateer 06-27-2013 03:29 AM

What I really find interesting is that everything we've seen of these Glacialbots so far has been G1-style "Animation models" or "Boxart", neither of which actually give away how the toys are physically going to look like or work. It makes me wonder if that's on purpose and there's a reason for it (or maybe they're just having fun with G1 throwbacks). While Fansproject has something of a signature house style, at this point, who knows how the Glacialbots might turn out aesthetically. Whatever it'll be, I'm hella excited to find out.

down_shift 06-27-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requateer (Post 516214)
What I really find interesting is that everything we've seen of these Glacialbots so far has been G1-style "Animation models" or "Boxart", neither of which actually give away how the toys are physically going to look like or work. It makes me wonder if that's on purpose and there's a reason for it (or maybe they're just having fun with G1 throwbacks). While Fansproject has something of a signature house style, at this point, who knows how the Glacialbots might turn out aesthetically. Whatever it'll be, I'm hella excited to find out.

From what I was told when I talked to FP last time was that they are 100% G1 goodness. Blocky some bitches right down to the old square head scramble style combination.

At least that's what I remember.

If I also remember the team consists of a mammoth, an elk kinda thing, an armodillo, a bear, and... Something else that escapes me at the moment. But I don't think it was a flyer.

FEZaid 06-30-2013 02:04 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BOBqt6BCAAAOWW9.jpg:large

Twiter user Dennis @Aerros1 shared this

UltraPrimal 06-30-2013 03:44 PM

Jezzuss! That's very G1.

Thanks, but no thanks.

FEZaid 06-30-2013 04:07 PM

thebobkat 06-30-2013 04:15 PM

I like them. It's also pretty ingeneous...they're compatible with most G1 Gestalts, and the heads of each figure is actually a headmaster type figure.

UltraPrimal 06-30-2013 04:23 PM

They're neat for what they are, but nothing I would go out of my way to get.

Also, I was just reading the comments on the video and someone mentioned how the Fangro looks like the sabertooth zord from Power Rangers. OMG! How awesome would it have been if these were Power Rangers homages in addition to being G1 homages! Have the same colors and alt modes as the Power Rangers zords and take the headmaster dudes and repaint them as the Rangers themselves! That would be awesome!

FansProject, remold this into that and then I'll buy it!

FreedomGundam 06-30-2013 04:42 PM

I was originally kinda interested in the set when we saw sketches back at TFCon YEARS ago, but seeing how G1 they really are, I've completely lost all interest.

Retro-blockiness doesn't do much for me; I much prefer to be getting a kick-ass posable and detailed toy instead.

Though I'm with UltraPrimal; if they remolded this into an MMPR homage instead, I may be tempted.

shockwave555 06-30-2013 05:07 PM

i really want one but im poor and can barely afford what FP already puts out. i just hope it wont be bat shit expensive