Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Buffalo tolls to avoid? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=49058)

The7thParallel 08-19-2013 09:06 PM

Buffalo tolls to avoid?

I'm heading over tomorrow on vacation and will use a bit of time to fruitlessly search for soundwave, acid storm, and the IDW deluxes. What tolls, if any should I be aware of? I'm only planning on buffalo to transit road at the most.

Thanks!

Ps, any suggestions on places to hit up would be great. I don't mind picking up items for those in the Toronto area, either.

Socko76 08-19-2013 09:25 PM

Re: Buffalo tolls to avoid?

The McKinley TRU had two acid storms on saturday plus a sunstorm. I didnt find the idw anywhere.

As far as tolls, if you take 62 all the way to sheridan you can avoid the toll bridge to grand island. For the transit one, you'll need like 30 cents (15 each way)

The7thParallel 08-19-2013 10:19 PM

Cool. Thanks!

The 12th Prime 08-19-2013 11:16 PM

Try the TRU's outside the big cities. I found MP Soundwave in Clay, NY TRU (Only one SW there) 4 Acid Storms. I mentioned a couple of comic shops over towards Syracuse in the haul thread. Avoid the I 90 and you'll avoid the tolls for the most part.

faustx 08-19-2013 11:26 PM

TRU between Cleveland and Buffalo was dry by the time I got there last weekend...good luck with the hunt!

Cheers Ian 08-20-2013 02:56 PM

The tolls are all minimal. $1 or less, I wouldn't waste time trying to go around them. You'll spend more in gas trying to avoid them.

mcmus 08-20-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 12th Prime (Post 529871)
Try the TRU's outside the big cities. I found MP Soundwave in Clay, NY TRU (Only one SW there) 4 Acid Storms. I mentioned a couple of comic shops over towards Syracuse in the haul thread. Avoid the I 90 and you'll avoid the tolls for the most part.

What do you take to Rochester or Syracuse if not taking I-90?

I think the bridge toll is $1 between Buffalo and Nigagar now. That's depend where you are going, I find crossing via Lewiston or Rainbow is easier than Peace.

BlackZarak 08-20-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmus (Post 530034)

I think the bridge toll is $1 between Buffalo and Nigagar now. That's depend where you are going, I find crossing via Lewiston or Rainbow is easier than Peace.

Rainbow is the way to go. But you're stuck taking 62 if you want to avoid the tolls. I-90 to Rochester is unavoidable, but toll fees are dirt cheap.

The7thParallel 08-20-2013 03:51 PM

Back with nothing. My luck holds as I was told trucks are coming in tomorrow (when I'm not there) but that soundwave and acid storm may or may not be on anyway.

Crossed t the peace bridge as I'm right next to it on vacation.

I did find all the sw black series at a Kmart as well as starscream/waspinator, Megatron/chopshop, and the predacon rising figs. I also saw sandstorm but passed as I already have him. My big disappointment was the lack of IDW figs. Saw all of ruination at the Amherst TRU, but passed as I have SDCC Bruticus and that's enough for me.

Damn you, soundwave!

The 12th Prime 08-20-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmus (Post 530034)

That's a cheaper toll than $2.75 to go over the 1000 islands but the only one I had to pay each way. I went down HWY 16 to I 81 outside of Kingston. I didn't go to Rochester though.