Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Entertainment Pack Megs & Prime vs PRID Voyager (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=39050)

pacinofan 03-21-2012 09:57 PM

Entertainment Pack Megs & Prime vs PRID Voyager

Hello! Just got in to collecting Transformers and have a question. Right now I have the FE ARCEE, BB, Starscream, and Deluxe Soundwave (Thank you TRU $10 sale). I want to add an Optimus Prime and Megatron ('natch). Would you guys recomend the Entertainment 2 pack, or the Voyager "powerizers"? Price-wise the 2 pack wins, but scalewise I'm guessing the Voyager class versions win.

razin 03-21-2012 10:01 PM

Re: Entertainment Pack Megs & Prime vs PRID Voyager

If scale were not an issue, then 2pk Megs is the best version.
Voyager Megs is a good figure, but severely lacking paint apps. It doesn't bother me much so the Voyager is my main Megs, with 2pk version left in alt mode.

transforminator 03-21-2012 10:04 PM

If your looking for an optimus.....you NEED the FE Voyager OP and for Megs.....i would say the powerizers only cause its better in scale with all the other figures despite its paint apps...i would also advise waiting for another sale because there'll be plenty of him soon enough

Autobot_Orion 03-21-2012 10:27 PM

welcome to the boards. FE OP and Voyager Megs. The two pack megs is deluxe class size and would be inferior to OP.

Hellboy 03-21-2012 10:32 PM

Definitely try and track down a FE Voyager Optimus as I think he is the best of the 3 versions available.

I prefer the Voyager Megs because of the scale but his paint app is much less appealing than the 2-pack one. It's a moot point for me really since all the TFs lack any kind of metallic paint and he fits in nicely with the gang as is.

pacinofan 03-21-2012 11:18 PM

Thanks guys. That FE Prime is a beautiful looking figure... but sooo expensive!!!

Nomad 03-21-2012 11:36 PM

I know, but it's like... the bestest Optimus around :)

The FE Megatron is also my favorite, and the scale isn't an issue for me. It's mainly notable when he's close to a big Optimus, and really only when facing back to back. Plus, the deluxe Optimus is a lot nicer in person than I thought it would be from pictures, and he even has metallic flaked plastic all over.

joshimus 03-22-2012 12:03 AM

Both versions of Megatron are pretty nice figures. Plus the 2 pack gives you the kids if you are collecting the Autobots like I am. (Ratchet where are ya?)
As for Voyager Megatron, I personally like him but if you are a repainter as I am, then you can improve him a great deal. He's actually a pretty simple repaint especially given his legs and arms are balljoints and he is simple to disassemble for repaint purposes.
As for FE Optimus, an overall FANTASTIC figure. Love his transformation, love both his modes. It's a shame that Hasbro may not issue him again. I hope they do as he is superior to the deluxe and RID Voyager combined, imo anyway.

Alexander Quinn 03-22-2012 09:35 PM

I say grab the 2 pack. The Prime in it is pretty sweet. It doesn't have the nice curvy asthetics of the FE Voyager, but it also doesn't have the gap problems when you put him in truck mode. Plus you don't need to bust out the silver sharpie, cause Hasbro actually remembered to paint the Deluxe version's wheels. The Megatron is also very nice. Great paint apps, decent size and pretty posable. Though do yourself a favour and watch a video review on how to transform him if you get him. The instructions are not only incomplete, but they are flat out wrong at times.

Good luck deciding, and welcome to the boards!

Matrix_Holder 03-23-2012 12:40 AM

I still don't know if I am going to put the kids in the microwave or not...right now they are just sitting in the box strapped in...IDK.
welcome to the boards. The 2 pack is great, the megatron would be perfect if he was voyager. I have both of them and I display them like razin, voyager in bot and deluxe in alt. YOU MUST GET FE VOYAGER PRIME AS YOUR PRIME!!!!