Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Idea for a new gimmick (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=68931)

Pascal 06-15-2017 07:41 AM

Idea for a new gimmick

I was looking at the "Transforms from this into that AND BACK" bit on the G1 packaging and got an idea for a new gimmick. How about a new series of Transformers that would allow the toy to be transformed only once? You'd have to choose when in the battle that one time transformation would be the most useful. And during transformation, you'd have critical joints and parts breaking to prevent the toy from being transformed back. The toy could even include a sound chip playing some heroic song to accompany that first and last transformation.

:D

Sun Swipe Prime 06-15-2017 12:29 PM

Re: Idea for a new gimmick

Yeah, personally, I'm not paying good money for something like that. It's like an MP3 player that only plays one song and then burns out.

I want Transformers that transform back and forth. That's the appeal. A toy that breaks the first time you play with it just does not work for me. No thanks to Trashformers.

Deception 06-15-2017 01:20 PM

i hate gimmicks tbh. especially the weapons aka mech tech or the light up transfomers prime weapons. if hasbro made weapon sets similar to that dude that makes the 3p ones that would be awesome.

positivelyken 06-15-2017 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 732880)
I was looking at the "Transforms from this into that AND BACK" bit on the G1 packaging and got an idea for a new gimmick. How about a new series of Transformers that would allow the toy to be transformed only once? You'd have to choose when in the battle that one time transformation would be the most useful. And during transformation, you'd have critical joints and parts breaking to prevent the toy from being transformed back. The toy could even include a sound chip playing some heroic song to accompany that first and last transformation.

:D

We had that already, it's called MP Rodimus Prime.

xueyue2 06-15-2017 01:49 PM

that will win the worst gimmck of the decade. ;)

Mega Truck 06-15-2017 02:30 PM

That's the worst idea ever !!!! Go buy a statue instead !!!

Pascal 06-15-2017 02:43 PM

And they thought I was serious. lol

xueyue2 06-15-2017 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 732923)

We know you are joking, :rofl:
And I can think where I want to use this gimmick: If I want to recreate the scene of 86 movie Optimus Prime transform for the last time to save Autobots............

But after that I'm screwed. :p

Sun Swipe Prime 06-15-2017 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 732923)

Ah, covfefe.

optimusb39 06-15-2017 06:05 PM

This gimmick would be just fine to apply to a bayverse transformer.
A: theyre a wasye of money anyway.. so...
B: no matter what mode you choose its still crap
And
C: all the modes you could choose from look like a vaguely robot shaped cluster of jinsu knives.