Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Brave Maximus Questions (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=37586)

Akroyer 01-15-2012 09:55 AM

Brave Maximus Questions

Ok, so I was thinking that this year I would try and get a hold of one. The colors of Brave are more appealing to me than those of Fortress, not too mention the cost that Fortress always seems to command are too high for me.

From what I know there was a Japanese and a Korean version. Which are supposed to be identical. And he was on clearance around 2001 or so for $99 new.

So the questions I have at this are..

1. What is the current price check for a good to mint condition Brave complete with box, instructions, mat and everything?? I've seen anything from $225 to $1200 listed. But we know listed and actually sold for can be two different things. And most listings won't ship to Canada anyway.

Although on Ebay lately he seems to be going for $500 to $700 which seems too high to me for a Brave. Seeing how we are just after Xmas that could be influencing evilbay at the moment..

2. Reprolabels used to make a sticker set for him, I couldn't find any pictures of it. Out of curiosity was it any good?? Any pictures of them??

3. Brave doesn't come with the same extras as Fort. I had heard somewhere that repros were out at some point for them. What are the extra pieces?? And can they still be got??

I know someone over on TFW apparently makes the big and small gun?? I don't know if they still do or not..

And there is apparently a sword and two robots. Gasket and Grommit..?

Mind you I don't need everything all at once. Although as mentioned ebay prices seem to be up right now. I would at least like to get one that is complete. Getting the rest of the 'Fort Max' pieces for him can always come later if ever.

But it seems there has been some sold recently on ebay with extra guns and the sword. And yet now there are some going higher that are just complete. Doesn't seem to be much consistency. To pay more for less.

Thanks

Pascal 01-15-2012 10:03 AM

Re: Brave Maximus Questions

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akroyer (Post 401561)
I know someone over on TFW apparently makes the big and small gun?? I don't know if they still do or not.

I bought the guns from Darkov on TFW a couple years ago. Molding is good, the big gun is a bit loose fitting though.

big dawg 01-15-2012 11:47 AM

a local guy in my city was trying to sell his sonokong version complete in box for $200 for the longest time. Not sure if anyone bit or if he just delisted

QuadESL63 01-15-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

3. Brave doesn't come with the same extras as Fort. I had heard somewhere that repros were out at some point for them. What are the extra pieces?? And can they still be got??
And there is apparently a sword and two robots. Gasket and Grommit..?

If you want the Brave Max. big sword (Super God Sword??) you can find it in the Japanese TRU exclusive God Fire Convoy box set. But here is the catch: it doesn't come with the "handle" part that is needed in order to fit the sword on Brave Max's fist. The "handle" is from a lucky draw or something exclusive like that, I think. Alternatively, you can just grab the Japanese Fort. Max. Master Sword which is relatively easy to come by: I bought one (and the handle) from eBay last year. You just have to be patience.

It doesn't come with Cog (i.e. the small robot combined from Gasket and Grommit) but you can grab a Fort. Max. one if you really want him.

Brave Max. also doesn't come the big guns either and again you can get the Fort. Max. version (or repro.). The small Master sword for "Cerebros"/Brave which can be found in Japanese Fort. Max. and Grand Max. is also missing. However, the "Cerebros"/Brave small guns is included.

God Fire Convoy (see the sword?):

http://www.freewebs.com/ultraconvoy/DSC01600.JPG

Echotransformer 01-15-2012 12:35 PM

1. My opinion is fair market value for mint+complete is between $350-$500 depending on box condition, etc.

2. I have an older version of the reprolabels and they are excellent...they are always great quality

3. I checked into Darkov on tfw 2005 a year or so and he was still reproing, he'll make you red weapons to match if you like. I don't Know of other repros...let us know if you find some!

Echo

Akroyer 01-15-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echotransformer (Post 401577)
1. My opinion is fair market value for mint+complete is between $350-$500 depending on box condition, etc.

2. I have an older version of the reprolabels and they are excellent...they are always great quality

3. I checked into Darkov on tfw 2005 a year or so and he was still reproing, he'll make you red weapons to match if you like. I don't Know of other repros...let us know if you find some!

Echo

There is one on Ebay ending tonight, sitting at about $474 not including shipping right now. Seems to be in excellant condition and 100% complete. It's one of the few auctions I've seen who is willing to ship up north. I was hoping that prices had settle on the low end, but it looks like Brave is starting to get pricier these days then.. In a year the averages I came across have almost doubled. I guess it's to be expected as these get further and further out of print so to speak..

Darkov was the name I was having trouble finding. I'll do some thread searching. I know I had come across it before. There were some pictures of what he could produce and in what colors.

chans formers 01-15-2012 02:26 PM

^iirc,he even reproduces the radar piece too.

justprime 01-15-2012 04:12 PM

500.00 boxed is a vary good price brave max is climbing in price just as fort and grand max ,...as it is unlikly that they will be produced again and as far as a north american release it doesn't meet saftey standards so a reissue will not happen,.. I remember in 2001 seeing him in comic shops for 300.00 dollars and have yet to see complete out of box sell (recently) for anything under 300.00

Akroyer 01-15-2012 04:25 PM

It's good to know that is a decent price for it basically being a MIB one. It's up over $500 now..

I'm sure I could get a better deal through the community but I haven't seen one offered in about a year. Since Wheeljaxx had one on here.

Like most things it seems patience could be the key to getting a good one at a good price I guess. Over $500 and it starts getting half way to Fort Max territory. One just sold last night for $900 from the same seller. Although not really MIB (Box was badly damaged) and missing a few pieces.

Shockwave 75 01-15-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

2. Reprolabels used to make a sticker set for him, I couldn't find any pictures of it. Out of curiosity was it any good?? Any pictures of them??

Reprolabels isn't making the Brave Max upgrade set anymore, I asked.

Quote:

I know someone over on TFW apparently makes the big and small gun?? I don't know if they still do or not..
You can see all of Darkov's repro's here. I bought the two large guns and small Master Sword from him a few years ago, all in red, and they are fantastic!
Like Pascal said the large gun was a little loose, but I just wrapped some scotch tape around it to tighten it up.