Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   CW Victorion Set Found at ToysRus (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=63987)

Ultra Maverick 05-06-2016 03:11 PM

CW Victorion Set Found at ToysRus

1 Attachment(s)
Victorion, the first Fan-Built Combiner has been spotted in a Canadian ToysRus.
Big thanks to cybertron.ca user Pascal for letting us know that they spotted the 6 figure box set on ToysRus shelves in Drummondville, QC

Great way to start off a weekend, happy hunting fans!

Supernova 05-06-2016 03:25 PM

Re: CW Victorion Set Found at ToysRus

Six figures? I knew that the American dollar conversion was bad, but....yeesh....best wait for a sale...

:D

Vorahk 05-06-2016 04:01 PM

I am so on the fence about that figure set its ridiculous. I like the color scheme but 149.99 is a steep serving of cabbage to do all at once. I kinda wish they were single released so I could get them over time.

wervenom 05-06-2016 04:24 PM

OK guys be prepared before you go hunting this weekend. I spoke to a CSR at TRU today and asked her to look it up. In Ontario she will be arriving next week BUT there is a street date of May 15th so depending on the store they may or may not sell it to you. Of the two in my area one will sell before street date and the other will not. So grain of salt as you're hunting but don't be surprised if you get to the cash and can't buy.

RNSrobot 05-06-2016 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vorahk (Post 690301)
I am so on the fence about that figure set its ridiculous. I like the color scheme but 149.99 is a steep serving of cabbage to do all at once. I kinda wish they were single released so I could get them over time.

Don't worry about it.=) It's TRU, and you will be able to have it for minimum 25% off in no time. Alternatively, Amazon.ca or Sears.ca will have it cheap. Both the G2 sets have already been sold for $110 or less between or at all three vendors.

The bonus with TRU is that you can pick it up when you see it and get that price adjusted with their 45 day low price guarantee policy. I haven't "waited" for a sale at TRU in over a year. Buy it on sight and get it adjusted later. Cripes I got the only sighting of Wave 6 in Edmonton adjusted to the recent $10 sale.

Or buy it and keep it unopened in case of clearance. You've got options.

Hoping to see this in Edmonton by end of month. I could get it online but it's simpler to get and price adjust in-store. :)

Tyrannosaurus Rex 05-06-2016 09:01 PM

Oh boy, another huge boxset to shelfwarm stores...

positivelyken 05-06-2016 10:21 PM

This lady's going to be shelfwarming, all right... MY shelf.

wervenom 05-06-2016 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrannosaurus Rex (Post 690338)
Oh boy, another huge boxset to shelfwarm stores...

I respectfully disagree. It's not like the G2 stuff where as the originals were released. She is unique among them

Quote:

Originally Posted by positivelyken (Post 690343)
This lady's going to be shelfwarming, all right... MY shelf.

I respectfully agree wholeheartedly

Tyrannosaurus Rex 05-07-2016 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wervenom (Post 690349)
I respectfully disagree. It's not like the G2 stuff where as the originals were released. She is unique among them

I respectfully agree wholeheartedly

With that price I doubt many non-collectors will be rushing to buy her still, but I guess we'll see.

Hellboy 05-08-2016 12:26 AM

I have no interest in "Fan Built" projects. You don't have to worry about me causing a shortage of this guy.