Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Too many Shows at a time? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=61257)

laffy 09-28-2015 01:46 PM

Too many Shows at a time?

Don't get me wrong I love all these shows but cant we spread these shows out better as id hate to see some close down or not run due to lack of numbers attending.... Over the last 30 or so days we have had the fan expo, the Hamilton toy show, yesterday the Action Figure expo and this weekend the Hamilton comic con... wow that's nuts.... no wonder sadly their was such a low turn out for the AFE.... id rather like to see these shows spread out more cause I salute all the hard working volunteers running these shows . and after hearing about the low turn out yesterday I sadly don't want to see any shows close down .. that's all what do you all think :)

Sureshot22 09-28-2015 02:12 PM

Re: Too many Shows at a time?

Not all of those are run by the guys here.

laffy 09-28-2015 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sureshot22 (Post 661215)
Not all of those are run by the guys here.

Oh I know that but their has to be some way to spread all these shows out.... I don't think their is any big shows in November? and feb / march/april is the same if I believe..

Masta_Skidz 09-28-2015 03:03 PM

that is the thing how are the Organizers of the shows supposed to get a hold of each other.
To add to it why should one group not have their said event just because another had one or is having one as London Ontario Comic-Con was this weekend as well so that might have took a bunch of business.
One more thing is not everyone has access to transportation to get to events so to have multiple one at different locals kind of give more people the opportunity to get in on the action.

On-line shopping kind of killed a lot of attendees I would think.

Pgianos 09-28-2015 04:18 PM

I agree with you bro but they pack it in the warmer months etc

Einstein 09-28-2015 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laffy (Post 661211)
Don't get me wrong I love all these shows but cant we spread these shows out better as id hate to see some close down or not run due to lack of numbers attending.... Over the last 30 or so days we have had the fan expo, the Hamilton toy show, yesterday the Action Figure expo and this weekend the Hamilton comic con... wow that's nuts.... no wonder sadly their was such a low turn out for the AFE.... id rather like to see these shows spread out more cause I salute all the hard working volunteers running these shows . and after hearing about the low turn out yesterday I sadly don't want to see any shows close down .. that's all what do you all think :)

2 of those events you listed are in Hamilton. I don't know about you, but I live no where near Hamilton and could hardly give 2 shits what they do there.

xueyue2 09-28-2015 05:53 PM

I wish some of the events can be in the east part of GTA. Most of it are in west part like Mississauga, or Hamilton.

Deception 09-28-2015 07:35 PM

I would've liked a venue in the east end a couple months ago but I think I'm good with west end now :D

xueyue2 09-28-2015 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deception (Post 661296)
I would've liked a venue in the east end a couple months ago but I think I'm good with west end now :D

Why is that? You move to Mississauga now?

canprime 09-28-2015 08:44 PM

Honestly the other big problem has become the lack of diversity among the dealers.

I would hazard only a guess, but over the last 4 months I would say that most shows have had 60%+ the same dealers, with the same product. Of course the big shows (Fan Expo, TFcon) get a much larger, and diverse, groups of dealers, but after that it seems more of the same.

Frankly there will be a tipping point sooner or later. All fandoms will eventually falter, and the shows will follow. I mean back in the late 90's, early 2000's there were big Star Trek and Star Wars conventions in the city, but they didn't last which is surprising for Star Wars.