Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Biggest letdown of the year (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=61810)

laffy 11-12-2015 08:27 PM

Biggest letdown of the year

Sadly as a kid Tracks was one of my favs . Just picked up Mp tracks today and I have to say Although The Corvette is just Stunning and omg blaster is a welcome bonus, wth happened to Mp tracks What a mess he is. I know going in not to expect much but omg I had no clue Tracks would be such a major letdown... He sure looks good on the shelf but sadly he will likely never leave the display shelf... anyone else think the same I surly can't be thinking this myself? :banghead:

CAF 11-12-2015 08:33 PM

Re: Biggest letdown of the year

called it

elburrito 11-12-2015 08:43 PM

Still probably the best g1 Tracks since the original though.

CAF 11-12-2015 08:46 PM

It would be cheaper to just print out a picture of him on cardboard and put that on the shelf. At least then he would have some thickness to him.

insane666 11-12-2015 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laffy (Post 667943)
Sadly as a kid Tracks was one of my favs . Just picked up Mp tracks today and I have to say Although The Corvette is just Stunning and omg blaster is a welcome bonus, wth happened to Mp tracks What a mess he is. I know going in not to expect much but omg I had no clue Tracks would be such a major letdown... He sure looks good on the shelf but sadly he will likely never leave the display shelf... anyone else think the same I surly can't be thinking this myself? :banghead:

All that and you don't say what's wrong with him. So... what's wrong with him?

Dynamo.Dave 11-12-2015 09:14 PM

So sad to hear!!! I didn't preorder him, but was hoping to get him at a con or something.

wervenom 11-12-2015 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insane666 (Post 667949)
All that and you don't say what's wrong with him. So... what's wrong with him?

Yes please explain

The7thParallel 11-12-2015 10:47 PM

I really like Tracks, actually. Got him today. The accessories are cool.

That said, he lacks some of the plastic quality that previous MP figs had. Just looking at the Datsuns, they felt thicker and more solid. Tracks being thin isn't a big deal and his transformation is quite clever, but he has more of a high-end regular release feel to him.

Don't regret the purchase at all and I think he looks great. He's MP quality, but on the low end compared to past releases.

Team Jetfire 11-12-2015 10:55 PM

Not to knock the OP's opinion, but seams like he is in the minority from the folks at TFW.

Looks decent to me.

The7thParallel 11-12-2015 11:16 PM

Okay, I just took a closer look at my other MP figures. The difference is that Tracks is molded from a high-quality plastic to give his sparkly blue colour and it is NOT paint. The difference is that the other figures are covered in paint. That gives them that iPod-like sheen and a touch more weight. The plastic colour choice for Tracks actually works and makes him the most evenly-coloured MP yet but slightly less heavy. SLIGHTLY. That's really the only difference.

In terms of an overall quality comparison... he's pretty much dead-on to what they have been doing. Perhaps others are looking at the past releases through rose-coloured glasses. OR, perhaps it's the fact that this was announced and paid for via pre-order in MARCH and it's been so long that expectations were unreasonably high. That's like holding off for eight months and only getting the tip in before you explode. I'd be disappointed too. Take it slow and enjoy the ride. Let Raoul guide you with his Blaster.

TLDR; he's a masterpiece and fits in perfectly with the others.