Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   International Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Power Of The Primes Dinobot Combiner Volcanicus Prototype In-Hand Pictures (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=70093)

Super_Megatron 09-10-2017 11:41 AM

Power Of The Primes Dinobot Combiner Volcanicus Prototype In-Hand Pictures

http://news.tfw2005.com/wp-content/u...9/DSC05500.jpg

Thanks to our team at Hascon 2017, we have some great*Power Of The Primes Dinobot Combiner Volcanicus Prototype In-Hand Pictures. The Prototype was shown during the event and we can see some nice features of the combined figure: *It has compatible Combiner Wars combination ports. *New molded hands. *New molded feet with articulated ankñes (Similar to the ones on CW Computron). *Two extra hands can be placed in the torso for a bulkier look. *Nice poseability, similar to previous CW combiners. You can click on the bar to see the gallery and join to the discussion at the 2005 Boards.

The post Power Of The Primes Dinobot Combiner Volcanicus Prototype In-Hand Pictures appeared first on Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM.

More...

Vorahk 09-10-2017 01:46 PM

Re: Power Of The Primes Dinobot Combiner Volcanicus Prototype In-Hand Pictures

Is it weird I love the dinobots but probably never combine them into volcanois(or however you spell it). I love the Dino's by themselves too much.

Roadhammer 09-10-2017 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vorahk (Post 741358)
Is it weird I love the dinobots but probably never combine them into volcanois(or however you spell it). I love the Dino's by themselves too much.

Not really; I think most of us adult collectors feel the same way. The combiner gimmick is cool to have though, and there if we want it, but...yeah. I think for a lot of us the main draw are the Dinobots themselves.

Sun Swipe Prime 09-10-2017 03:57 PM

For me, combination is the draw. But man that chest mode looks a little janky.

Vorahk 09-10-2017 11:09 PM

Huh combiner war compatable eh? "Me grimlock no want to combine with cars! Me grimlock combine with other dinobots!"

joshimus 09-10-2017 11:28 PM

It's kind of like reverse Devestator for me. I don't remember the last time ANY of my Devestators have been in individual modes.

positivelyken 09-10-2017 11:39 PM

FWIW, it's cool that Hasbro is giving us updated G1 characters AND trying new ideas at the same time. It's a shame these are undersized though.

alternatorfan 09-11-2017 02:41 AM

K O S COMING.
GUARANTEED.

Chigimus 09-11-2017 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime (Post 741363)
For me, combination is the draw. But man that chest mode looks a little janky.

Quote:

Originally Posted by positivelyken (Post 741382)
FWIW, it's cool that Hasbro is giving us updated G1 characters AND trying new ideas at the same time. It's a shame these are undersized though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alternatorfan (Post 741384)
K O S COMING.
GUARANTEED.

While it's nice to see Hasbro finally giving us a modern take on a complete set of dinobots, making them a combiner team is not a new idea as 2 3rd party companies already beat them to that punch. If anything, Hasbro probably got inspired by 3rd parties to try making them combine.

That said, yes, that combined mode does seem thin around the torso. I don' think he'll be able to hold up his combined form arms very well. It just seems to look like it'll have stability issues.

Also, it truly is a shame that they went with a Voyager Grimlock and deluxe sizes for the rest of the team. They really should have been leader-class Grimlock and voyager size for the other dinobots. I suppose we shouldn't be surprise if Wei Jiang makes the OS KO's for this set too, but here we are still waiting for them to finish off upscaling the traditional headmasters and meanwhile they started upsizing some combiner wars deluxes?! Come on!

Bountyan 09-11-2017 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alternatorfan (Post 741384)
K O S COMING.
GUARANTEED.

Hopefully. I'd buy an upscale KO of Sludge in a heartbeat.