Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What are the best non-story related toys? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=24656)

The 12th Prime 07-21-2010 04:00 PM

What are the best non-story related toys?

Hey everyone,

Got this idea from another thread I just posted on about the best Scouts and Legends, etc. It got me thinking, I was wondering what peoples thoughts are on the best non story related toys/characters? Like the G1 Whirl's all the way to the ROTF Skystalker's and Mindwipe's. I know with my recent TFCon haulage I am very impressed with my Movie 1 Wreckage and Dropkick (even though he was featured in the video game). Plus pretty much getting them as a gift from my Bro was nice too. Discuss!

Prowl_2009 07-21-2010 04:23 PM

Re: What are the best non-story related toys?

Love my ROTF Armorhide! Color is awesome and the working shocks and pulse rifle are simply added bonuses! :D Simply put, he is everything TFTM Land Mind *shudders* wasn't. Highly recommended! :D

Also love Wal-Mart Exclusive Big Daddy! Perfect homage to G1 Micromaster Big Daddy and there is nothing cooler than a 70's Plymouth Barricuda decked out in flames!!! :D

brr-icy 07-21-2010 04:28 PM

G1:
Darkwing and Dreadwind, and most of the other powermasters (they were in masterforce though)
Squalkbox and Slamdance
Deluxe insecticons are nice, especially chopshop and Ransack
monsterbots
G2:
the Axelerators were always fun, same with the cyberjets

UltraMarknus 07-21-2010 04:35 PM

G1 Roadbuster...so bad ass in both modes.

Alexander Quinn 07-21-2010 06:43 PM

TFTM Dropkick, Overcast and Long Arm are three of my favorite movie-verse figures, period. Overcast (also Dreadwing and Fearswoop) is an under estimated mould. I know a lot of people have issues with the drone style head, but I think it really works on that figure. It isn't often you get a jet-former done a little diffferently. :)

I'll also toss Animated Oil Slick into the mix. While he had a quicky cameo in Season Three, the toy itself is just wonderful. I love that his head is inside of that thin little green jar; makes him look like Mr. Freeze from the Batman comics. :) An excellent and kinda creepy figure, and a bike-former that can a.) stand up in robot mode and b.) doesn't look like it was mangled by an explosion, (I'm lookin' at you, ROTF Arcee).

Protoman 07-21-2010 07:38 PM

Ooooh that's a hard one, cause deep down I can find fiction for almost every toy I like...............

Like even something like the G2 Gobots or Circuit from Operation Combination got fiction in some kind of japanese manga or story pages.

Nocturn 07-21-2010 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prowl_2009 (Post 255407)
:D Simply put, he is everything TFTM Land Mind *shudders* wasn't. Highly recommended! :D

Um

What

It's the same mold, the only thing different is the deco

To OP
Nocturn's rule of thumb: The best movie toys are the non-movie toys

Camaroman2 07-22-2010 11:33 AM

I think he means the paint job, Nocturn.

JLvatron 07-22-2010 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brr-icy (Post 255410)
G1:
Darkwing and Dreadwind, and most of the other powermasters (they were in masterforce though)
Squalkbox and Slamdance
Deluxe insecticons are nice, especially chopshop and Ransack
monsterbots
G2:
the Axelerators were always fun, same with the cyberjets

totally agree on the Cyberjets! :)

Darkwing and Dreadwind got some story (and even better lines!) in the G1 comic.
Slamdance were shown as tapes only in the comics too, but what they recorded was great! Definitely set them up for a great story! :cool:

Prowl_2009 07-22-2010 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturn (Post 255497)
Um

What

It's the same mold, the only thing different is the deco

Exactly! The deco on Land Mind sucked so bad, it was so plain and boring. Whereas, Armorhide's was done up slightly better and had a better layout so far as paint and decals, in my opinion.