Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bonus weapons for Thundershred included with Stormbomb? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=35435)

Metrotitan 10-10-2011 02:50 PM

Bonus weapons for Thundershred included with Stormbomb?

Hey did anyone else get an extra set of pieces for making Thundershred's giant throwing star with their Stormbomb?

I thought that was a really great bonus and a great example of something cool that Fansproject is willing to do for the fans, just because!

Matrix_Holder 10-10-2011 03:26 PM

Re: Bonus weapons for Thundershred included with Stormbomb?

They did that because there is some sort of flaw with the throwing star that came with Thundershred and it is a new one for those whos star broke...I don't know if its a fixed version or just an extra one.

Tech Spec 10-10-2011 03:32 PM

haven't even opened up my Stormbomb yet lol

bedtime 10-10-2011 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder (Post 378492)
They did that because there is some sort of flaw with the throwing star that came with Thundershred and it is a new one for those whos star broke...I don't know if its a fixed version or just an extra one.

There's no flaw, it's just very easy to break if you're not very careful

Quantum 10-10-2011 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder (Post 378492)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bedtime (Post 378499)
There's no flaw, it's just very easy to break if you're not very careful

There was actually a bit of a flaw: the pegs on the blade tips were a bit too wide to fit the gauntlets and many people were breaking them putting them in or taking them out.
Some people were shaving out the female connectors in the gauntlets, some (like myself) shaved down the pegs themselves. Doing the latter resulted in the full pincers not fitting together tightly anymore.

The new pieces I got with my Stormbomb do not have any of the above mentioned problems, so I think something was done to the pieces to fix them.

Either way, awesome of FP to include the replacements!