Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Help me decorate my cubicle! (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=4784)

Aernaroth 11-13-2007 12:50 PM

Help me decorate my cubicle!

Ok guys, kind of a weird idea here, but let's try and run with it.

I have a cubicle. It is sparsely decorated. Well, maybe sparse isn't the right word. I'd say "makes a siberian gulag look like the louvre" is a more accurate description. Anyway, one of the things I'd like to do is get a transformer to use as a paperweight. Also, I'd like this transformer to hold little cards (business card to index card sized) informing someone who comes to my cubicle of where I am (there'd be a few different cards, and I could switch between them before I leave). Anyway, I'm at a loss as to which transformer to use. So give me some suggestions. Keep in mind the following criteria, however.

1) Size: its got to be big enough to stand out on my desk, and heavy enough to keep a stack of papers in place.
2) Stability: He's got to be rock solid. I dont want to have to keep setting him upright every five minutes.
3) Articulation: Posing is not all that important, but I want him to be able to hold the card without it blowing away, falling over, etc.
4) Cost: The cheaper and easier to find, the better. I don't want to worry about it getting stolen, broken, etc. and I dont want to have to shell out a lot of money for it.

Those are the main ones, I'd be open to modifying it slightly (stand, card holder, etc) such that he fits the purpose better.

Also, any other (not necessarily TF related) tips and tricks you've got about making your cubicle more of a living space, I'd like to hear it.

Super_Megatron 11-13-2007 01:01 PM

Re: Help me decorate my cubicle!

You need something with gripable hands, maybe something from the Cybertron line.

Team Jetfire 11-13-2007 01:04 PM

I would say Classics Jetfire. good size, stable, fun to tinker with and overall a great looking figure.

cannabisprime 11-13-2007 03:33 PM

An Alt/BT is your best bet I think; aside from the cost factor, most (if not all) the Alts fit your requirements.

Super_Megatron 11-13-2007 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cannabisprime (Post 29268)
An Alt/BT is your best bet I think; aside from the cost factor, most (if not all) the Alts fit your requirements.

Hmm, good idea.

dragon_ap 11-13-2007 03:48 PM

I have robot heroes in my cube... I used to have some Alts in my cube. Every once in a whilte I recycle the transformers I keep in my cube. It keeps me from being bored at work :)

Aernaroth 11-13-2007 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cannabisprime (Post 29268)

This is what I was thinking. I was going to go with swerve, the autobot metallurgist (he'd be very interested in my thesis, I can tell you that), but then I realized how expensive swerve is.

Nightscrabbler 11-13-2007 09:42 PM

It'll be great if you get the figure to use both its hands to hold up a card. I agree that an Alt could do it. Mirage, Jazz, Hound, all come to mind as having a good grip.

Super_Megatron 11-13-2007 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aernaroth (Post 29277)
This is what I was thinking. I was going to go with swerve, the autobot metallurgist (he'd be very interested in my thesis, I can tell you that), but then I realized how expensive swerve is.

While I don't have an extra Swerve I think I can hook you up with a spare Alt.

Synch 11-13-2007 11:47 PM

I'd stick with cheap stuff like classics that way if something goes missing ...