Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Transformers ONLY for kids? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=17424)

jackalprime 07-23-2009 02:19 PM

Transformers ONLY for kids?

Are you an adult collector who has been ridiculed and/or made fun of for collecting Transformers?
What do you say to these people?

Pascal 07-23-2009 02:22 PM

Re: Transformers ONLY for kids?

I say "your mom stinks". Then I run.

BadJeff 07-23-2009 02:25 PM

Never been ridiculed. My friends and associates have a break in period before they graduate to the all access pass. Sure my dad just shakes his head when he comes to town but he knows that's part of who I am.
My Transformers and tattoos are the two things I keep low key. Both are things I do for myself and no one else.

FreedomGundam 07-23-2009 02:26 PM

I think there are too many non-collecting adults who think TFs and toys are only for kids, and I think there are too many collecting adults who think that the TF and toys should be only for adult collectors. :D

Back on topic: if any one ever pointed it out to me (which has not happened, ever, mind you), I'm honest about it. I usually say: "I'm a robot-freak, and an Engineer. I thrive on these types of things. What about it?"

jourdo 07-23-2009 02:26 PM

A vast majority of the time I am with one of my kids anyways, so I've got cover if necessary. However, I could care less what people think about what I buy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 156485)
I say "your mom stinks". Then I run.

Do you have to say it in french and english to make sure they get the point? :p

Pascal 07-23-2009 02:29 PM

French version is stamped on a baseball bat to save me some saliva. :p

Team Jetfire 07-23-2009 02:36 PM

I usually say:
‘Go (expletive deleted) yourself you piece of (expletive deleted) eating, son of a (expletive deleted). Next time I see your (expletive deleted) ugly (expletive deleted) eating face I will take my MP Megatron and shove so far up your (expletive deleted) that the red cap will come out of your (expletive deleted) belly button. Then I am going to (expletive deleted) all over your (expletive deleted) car, or (expletive deleted) tool shop, or all over what ever you (expletive deleted) enjoy doing or spending money on. I don’t judge you for (expletive deleted) doing what ever you do, don’t (expletive deleted) judge me….

Or some version of that…

BeeBoy29 07-23-2009 02:37 PM

im a teen but one time i ran into my bestfriend at wallmart with a tf in hand and so ye shes the only one who knows cuz she caught me in the act lol shes preety cool with it though and she respects my hobby, i dont think its only adults either though, evryone seems to look at me funny when im buying transformers -_-, i get the most ridicule from my parents there okay with the hobby sure, but they always ramble on about me being a teen playing with toys for kids *sigh* sometimes it feels like only u guys understand, but thts better than no one understanding :)

malteselegacy 07-23-2009 02:42 PM

My friends mock me from time to time but it is all in good fun. Everyone has their hobbies and vices....this is mine....

astrana 07-23-2009 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team Jetfire (Post 156494)
I usually say:
‘Go (expletive deleted) yourself you piece of (expletive deleted) eating, son of a (expletive deleted). Next time I see your (expletive deleted) ugly (expletive deleted) eating face I will take my MP Megatron and shove so far up your (expletive deleted) that the red cap will come out of your (expletive deleted) belly button. Then I am going to (expletive deleted) all over your (expletive deleted) car, or (expletive deleted) tool shop, or all over what ever you (expletive deleted) enjoy doing or spending money on. I don’t judge you for (expletive deleted) doing what ever you do, don’t (expletive deleted) judge me….

Or some version of that…

LAWL.....TJ+BJ= hilarious