Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers Video Reviews (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Generations Windblade (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=65992)

GotBot 09-29-2016 08:01 PM

Generations Windblade

With all the excitement around the RiD Windblade. For those who missed her first release and only heard what she was like, I ask, was Generations Windblade REALLY THAT bad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJPePpl6mjY

RNSrobot 09-29-2016 08:38 PM

Re: Generations Windblade

She was bad? Is that the current revisionist history? Excellent toy marred only by the floppiness if her heel spurs.

DanicusTF(cdn) 09-29-2016 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNSrobot (Post 709415)
She was bad? Is that the current revisionist history? Excellent toy marred only by the floppiness if her heel spurs.

I would add awkward weapon storage in vehicle mode to that. But yes, I love her

RNSrobot 09-29-2016 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanicusTF(cdn) (Post 709419)
I would add awkward weapon storage in vehicle mode to that. But yes, I love her

Admittedly slipstream improves upon the mold in every way.

optimusb39 09-30-2016 03:01 AM

And you can place slipstreams nullrays on top of the jet under her kneecaps to make a set of guns that point forward past b the cockpit. Hold.in pretty good too!

Msol 09-30-2016 03:55 AM

Love the figure, but I've got the Takara version with better paint.

optimusb39 09-30-2016 04:07 AM

I like the takara wingblade better too.
Wish rid one had more black highlights though. Too red all over, sort of off red too. More fuscia really...

GotBot 10-02-2016 12:20 PM

I agree about slipstream. I also agree with the weapons storage comment. Mind you, I find the Generations had better storage than the RiD has. As for Takara having better paint, I admit I like the face better, but I don"t like her added red parts. I think I prefer the mostly black palette, but to each their own. That's the joy of options. I wonder, would her heel issue have been better had her entire foot turned with it as one solid piece?

RNSrobot 10-02-2016 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GotBot (Post 709630)
I agree about slipstream. I also agree with the weapons storage comment. Mind you, I find the Generations had better storage than the RiD has. As for Takara having better paint, I admit I like the face better, but I don"t like her added red parts. I think I prefer the mostly black palette, but to each their own. That's the joy of options. I wonder, would her heel issue have been better had her entire foot turned with it as one solid piece?

Possibly. Mostly it feels like the entire back leg assembly needs a really solid connection point that it doesn't, and some sort of "click" for the heel spur. I like the hasbro deco better as well. Very slick figure with lots of personality and a GIANT EFFING SWORD.

Still debating whether I should rebuy Chromia or not. I've had and sold her twice.

Tonestar 10-02-2016 01:56 PM

Just bought RID Windblade and I prefer her to the Generations version. Her Bot mode is much sturdier and more solid but her jet mode is hindered when you add her sword so in that respect the Generations version wins. Overall though, I think the RID version is better IMHO, plus you can use her head fan as a weapon...how cool is that !?!