Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   So are you warming up to DOTM yet? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31612)

Echotransformer 05-21-2011 06:17 PM

So are you warming up to DOTM yet?

There seemed to be a fairly negative buzz a few months ago, but from my perception collectors are warming up to the line. :primelaugh:

I was neither overly enthusiastic nor too negative about the whole thing, but having purchased a few I'm warming up a bit. The sales are helping as well.

I also predict some of the figures gaining new meaning and desirability when the movie debuts.

Your thoughts?

brr-icy 05-21-2011 06:23 PM

Re: So are you warming up to DOTM yet?

not here, still haven't seen more than one i want

S.O.N. 05-21-2011 06:27 PM

Cmon man, Shockwave is sick! What about the new Vortex coming out and Skyhammer?

alexsaurus_rex 05-21-2011 06:46 PM

I can't put voyager Megs down! It's the only one I own, haven't seen much else that is a must-have, but I am happy to finally have a Megatron toy that I like. MP Megs, I'm talking to you!

Matrix_Holder 05-21-2011 07:17 PM

No. The only thing that I like so far is Powerglide. If we don't get the Tomahawk repaint of G1 Vortex I will be so pissed off.
I really hate the fact that the figures are about 20% smaller than the figures like Generations and RTS that just came out and cost more to boot. Damn money grubbers, stupid mechtech gimmick.
Way to go Hasbro...Way to go.

Witterquick 05-21-2011 07:28 PM

Very much so! Love the Basic HA figures, Powerglide and Blackout are pretty sweet, and even the BB playset is awesome! The SS one is kinda meh though.

Overall though i'm pretty pumped for the figures I do want from the line. Like Icepick and Sergeant Chaos. A snowmobile TF??? Very very gotten.

Nullray 05-21-2011 07:44 PM

The only good thing to me so far is that all the other proper sized deluxe class bots are being liquidated...
I am curious to see how big leader class Sentinel Prime is gonna be. Probably gonna be voyager size. Don't like the downsizing at all.

Stapler 05-21-2011 07:48 PM

I'm in love with the Cyberverse and scout-sized human alliance figures, myself. :)

ang3l3s 05-21-2011 08:06 PM

Got sandstorm and voyager megs and i love them!!! Only want leader sentinel and ironhide so far but man did they get smaller!!

Protoman 05-21-2011 08:22 PM

We got amazing fun with the Cyberverse line and the new price pointed Human Alliance stuff gave us a FRIGGEN GOALIE TF and we have a F1/INDY RACE CAR DRIVER comnig.......... yeah I am happy

Pascal 05-21-2011 09:11 PM

Kinda glad the Generations/RTS line is over, save for a few figures, it was a pretty boring line. I hope we get movie stuff (then Prime) for at least a solid year!

protoform_ironhide 05-21-2011 09:42 PM

I have not spend a penny yet! Still in between the fence about the basic Human Alliance.. other than that, nothing really impress me so far. However I am waiting for the HA Roadbuster in wave 2 which looks awesome in photos. That new bumblebee from wave 1 is sooooo ugly...

Scrapper6 05-21-2011 09:44 PM

What's with the more expensive comments? I haven't seen the prices at Wal-Mart yet, but Zellers seems to be selling their Deluxe figures for 16.99, which is a dollar less than HftD and Generations were at 17.99$

On top of that, the HA Basics came up to 12.99, two dollars cheaper than the 14.99$ PCC figures.

Voyagers are constant at 29.99, the only thing I felt was a tad overpriced from what little I saw was the 19.99 Cyberverse Playsets. Of course I am aware that these prices aren't entirely province wide in some cases, heck they aren't even the same region/area wise since some stores will charge more for a given product due to their location in the city and the amount of income the general populace of that area make. (Apparently)

So why is everybody complaining about a price increase for a size decrease? About the only thing that makes sense for is the Cyberverse Commanders and possibly the Voyagers.

Commandoclone87 05-21-2011 09:45 PM

Want HA Figures for each of the Wreckers and the HA Basics for some Targetmaster fun.

gagagalvatron 05-21-2011 09:56 PM

So far, I'm pleasantly surprised.

The HA Basics are really neat -- better than I was anticipating. Interesting vehicles and the drivers are fun, and they influence the designs of the toys. I was not expecting to like them this much.

I don't collect Legends, so Cyberverse was a big yawn to me. But I got Powerglide and Blackout. I haven't opened Powerglide yet. Blackout is amazing. I didn't think they could do that at this size class. Great vehicle, great robot, interesting transformation, lots of detail.

Crankcase also surprised me. There are lots of little neat things about the figure. I like the Insecticon vibe I get from him, as well as all the little details.

Roadbuster was a bit of a disappointment, but only because he wasn't surprisingly awesome.

While I'm not in favor of the reduced scale or MechTech weapons (in general), the toys themselves are good. I would gladly pay 9.99 for Blackout again in a heartbeat.

razin 05-21-2011 10:09 PM

I just want CV Commanders of all DOTM characters. These are the first movie toys I actually like, in this case, love. Definitely need wreckers as commanders for sure.

jackwacko 05-21-2011 10:19 PM

I only got voyager Ironhide (seems like i'm one of the only people that got it instead of Leader one) and so far I love him! Yes the vehicle is small, but the robot mode totally makes up for it. His legs are by far the most posable Movie figure I own, and his mechtech weapon is an adequately big gun for him (compared to the leader). One minor gripe about him is that his arms are kinda weird. Overall, I think i will invest in at least one more DOTM figure.

Perceptor 05-21-2011 10:20 PM

Taking a break from toy shopping since DOTM came out... and surprisingly I am not missing it so far. Maybe when they go on sale I'll get interested...

TwinTwistR 05-21-2011 10:38 PM

So far I view it on par with the other movie lines: I'll buy a few that are pretty neat and appeal to me, but definitely not going for completionist mode.

Matrix_Holder 05-21-2011 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapper6 (Post 340071)
What's with the more expensive comments? I haven't seen the prices at Wal-Mart yet, but Zellers seems to be selling their Deluxe figures for 16.99, which is a dollar less than HftD and Generations were at 17.99$

On top of that, the HA Basics came up to 12.99, two dollars cheaper than the 14.99$ PCC figures.

Voyagers are constant at 29.99, the only thing I felt was a tad overpriced from what little I saw was the 19.99 Cyberverse Playsets. Of course I am aware that these prices aren't entirely province wide in some cases, heck they aren't even the same region/area wise since some stores will charge more for a given product due to their location in the city and the amount of income the general populace of that area make. (Apparently)

So why is everybody complaining about a price increase for a size decrease? About the only thing that makes sense for is the Cyberverse Commanders and possibly the Voyagers.

TRU deluxe DOTM figures are 16.99 same as zellers in burlington, HA are 13.99 here...more than the PCC 2 packs and 9.99 for the cyberverse class figs like powerglide. they are smaller than before and they do cost more now.

racerguy76 05-21-2011 11:08 PM

It's ok so far. I bought my first HA figure, Sandstorm. He is pretty cool. Powerglide feels kinda meh. I plan on picking up all the wreckers, but will be keeping them MOC. I am interested in the Ark playset, but I have to see it first.

bedtime 05-21-2011 11:10 PM

i WAS interested in picking up powerglide because he was kinda "generations-y" but the more i looked at him the move "bayverse" he got.

i do still want voyager megs (for some reason i just find him so damn cool) and leader sentinel prime, although with him he'll have to be on super sale or bought second hand or something because i'm not paying $60 for that.

protoform_ironhide 05-21-2011 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bedtime (Post 340096)
i WAS interested in picking up powerglide because he was kinda "generations-y" but the more i looked at him the move "bayverse" he got.

This is what I thought too right from the beginning. I totally have no interest on the DOTM Powergilde, and I was suprised that every Walmart I been to today has their Powergilde picked clean while everything else is warming the shelf not moving at all(good luck Hasbro on your movie merchandise). I rather stay with my legit universe red Powergilde as he is the real classicverse Powergilde. The one from DOTM is totally overrated in my opinion.

CBII 05-21-2011 11:58 PM

Nope nothing yet to make me pay full price or even to go to the TRU sale.

It's early and we've haven't seen a lot yet. I want to see the movie first before committing to any figures.

Larkhainan 05-22-2011 12:21 AM

Gonna get some voyagers and what not middle manned from the US but not really excited enough to go pay Canadian retail prices. Won't get them for at least a couple weeks if not months, though.

There's quite a few molds I really like that the presentation on just doesn't quite get there. It's weird looking forward to repaints but it feels like the first wave is intentionally lower budgeted.

Hellboy 05-22-2011 12:25 AM

Some of the vehicles are really nice but I absolutely hate the head-sculpts on the Movie figures. I've picked up a few but I seriously doubt I'll be getting many more. Shockwave for sure. Maybe Skyhammer.

Alexander Quinn 05-22-2011 11:27 AM

Really starting to like the figures that I thought I would have no interest in; the Cyberverse Commanders. I've gotten Blackout, Powerglide and Sentinel Prime so far, and I love them all. I have Ironhide as well, but I haven't opened him yet. They're all just so fun and thoughtful; small yes, but the only one who's transformation was kinda boring so far was Sentinel. Blackout, IMO, was better designed than his movie one Voyager figure. I hope we see a few more waves of these fellas before long.

Deluxes are kinda...okay. I've gotten Crankcase and Roadbuster, and they're decent, though not as good as the Generations/RTS line was. I picked up Ratchet on sale but haven't broken him free yet. The size difference, honestly, doesn't bother me too much on these guys, seeing as how Deluxes have actually gotten a hellava lot bigger in recent years. I just see it as the Universal Balance kicking in to compensate for huge Deluxes like the Lockdowns and Blurrs.

The Voyager size difference, on the other hand, is a deal breaker for me. Seeing that they had to put in a little cardboard stand inside the boxes to make the figures look bigger is just ridiculous. I couldn't even bring myslef to pick up Megatron on sale. I simply can't shell out more than $20 for these tiny little bastards. Maybe Skyhammer, just because he looks so damn cool.

As for the Leaders, I'll get Sentinel eventually, but the only one I'v seen, at my local TRU, is the cheapass bi-lingual version that only says "Sentinel Prime" when you push the button. I'm not paying full price for a figure with busted electronics. I'll wait for the "I Speak English!" version, just like I did with HFTD Starscream.

sacha88 05-22-2011 03:31 PM

I wasn't necessarily down on the DOTM line, but was just burnt out on movie-verse stuff. With that said, I did buy Blackout, Powerglide and Voyager Megatron, and am very happy with those purchases.

Autovolt 127 05-22-2011 03:47 PM

I've got Icepick and Powerglide so far.

I'm not still sold on DOTM's movie, it'll probably blow. Atleast the toys are fun this time.

there_is_a_martens 05-22-2011 03:52 PM

quite pleasantly surprised, so far. Voyager Megatron is spectacular! There are some issues with scale, but I have him an a shelf with Voyagers Fallen and Payload and Constructicon Devastator, and he is perfectly scaled with them. deluxe Roadbuster was a little meh, but I have him displayed with Recon Ironhide and I'll put the other deluxe Wreckers with them. Personally I love Sentinel Prime, and his alt mode is great and I love the way it looks with the blade and shield mounted up top. He's a little shorter than Optimus, but not enough to distract. Looking forward to picking up leader Ironhide and putting him with my HA figures, as well as Shocky and the other Wreckers!

Gaetznes 05-22-2011 04:51 PM

Total not intrested in any of the movie lines. Very disappointed with the mechtech gimick.

However this will allow me to do a few things, divert funds to filling in the gaps to pervious lines. Figures i've missed and such. Buy more Fansproject figures etc. Buy a few of the Ker-o sets. Which honestly I'll be buying just to get the minifugres, and selling of the rest. Woo Hoo.

So in short Has/Tak has saved me alot of money over the next year or so.

Akroyer 05-22-2011 05:27 PM

I'm finding that I'm liking more of the line than I expected. But certainly not everything, thankfully.

Sureshot22 05-22-2011 05:27 PM

had powerglide in my hand today and looked back and forth at him for about 10 mins then put him back. i think hes overated. isnt all that hot. love his plane mode but bot mode looks like crap at closer look IMO. and im not paying $10 just for plane mode.. if goes on sale later ill bite (maybe)

honestly all the ones ive seen so far i have absolutely zero interest in.

might check out megs since everyone says he is so great but looking at him his paint aps or lack there of are absolute crap.

definately none of them seem worth the money they are asking for them so far.

at least this helps me have money for other better things :)

vectorsigma2 05-22-2011 05:43 PM

NO
No
no

pandaprime 05-22-2011 05:44 PM

nope

still waiting for tfg deluxe kup/scourge

Matrix_Holder 05-22-2011 09:25 PM

lol, keep waiting. I still need MOC of those too.

Larkhainan 05-22-2011 09:31 PM

Probably safe to wager on middlemanning those, by now

Scrapper6 05-22-2011 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larkhainan (Post 340278)
Probably safe to wager on middlemanning those, by now

TRU, Winners or Giant Tiger may yet grant us the opportunity to claim them. Hopeful optimisim remains.

Jove 05-22-2011 10:19 PM

I'm a big fan of realistic alt modes, so the "giant gun-like thing sticking out the top of a car" is a big turn-off. This is also likely why the figures are smaller; Hasbro used up the plastic budget on the ridiculously overside guns (deluxe-sized, mostly).

I'm not sure why there needs to be an extra "gimmick" with each new generation of figures. The toys are robots that change into cars and such. Isn't that enough of a gimmick? Minicons are cool and the occasional combiner is fun, but these could be uncommon rather than each set.

But in all, I'm not into the figures. I'm lukewarm on most of the movie-verse in general, but these fall well short of the mark for me.

jackwacko 05-22-2011 10:21 PM

Got DOTM crankcase, and my interest in this line continues to be pretty high. The sculpting on its chest and head is just awesome, as well as its infamous hand sculpt.

I think if you didn't like the movie aesthetic in the beginning, then there's really nothing for you to look around here. but if you can bypass Robo-Predator looking toys then there's some pretty cool things in this line.