Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   So are you warming up to DOTM yet? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31612)

Commandoclone87 05-22-2011 10:32 PM

Re: So are you warming up to DOTM yet?

I find some of the figures really appeal to me (Mostly the 3 Wreckers and Cyberverse). But I can understand how some people really don't like this line.

Their smaller size actually isn't as much as a turn off as I expected because they still are able to get an enormous amount of detail into these figures.

As for the MechTech weapons, some of them are cool, but I really don't like how they will not stay in their alt modes. Roadbuster would really be cooler if his weapon stayed as a chainsaw.

Still waiting to get my hands on all 3 Wreckers as Human Alliance Figures and use the HA Basics as their Targetmasters.

CBII 05-22-2011 10:35 PM

Not really.

I thought I wanted powerglide and like Sureshot22 stated early I'm not paying $10 for a plane. I'll wait for a sale.

Sandstorm is the only thing on the shelves right not that remotely interests me and only cause it's sandstorm.

I'm mainly waiting for Leader Ironhide and HA roadbuster.

Breakdown 05-22-2011 10:59 PM

Meh. I will only be purchasing certain leader class figures, other than that, Hasbro is actually saving me money for once.

Larkhainan 05-22-2011 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapper6 (Post 340281)
TRU, Winners or Giant Tiger may yet grant us the opportunity to claim them. Hopeful optimisim remains.

What does Winners put them out for?

With TRU you're waiting on them to show up and go on sale, otherwise it costs less to get them from an American mailed to your door.

Risk/reward seems off a little at this stage. But there's always those rumours of fall revision cases...

Akroyer 05-23-2011 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jove (Post 340283)
Hasbro used up the plastic budget on the ridiculously overside guns (deluxe-sized, mostly).

This apparently is exactly it. The plastic had to come from somewhere, without raising the budget per case. So they took it out of the figures and they got smaller.

Only thing that's curious too me, is they didn't mind commissioning all new molds which must be expensive. But couldn't spend the small amount to keep the figures in their old sizes.

Vain 05-23-2011 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commandoclone87 (Post 340290)
I find some of the figures really appeal to me (Mostly the 3 Wreckers and Cyberverse). But I can understand how some people really don't like this line.

Their smaller size actually isn't as much as a turn off as I expected because they still are able to get an enormous amount of detail into these figures.

As for the MechTech weapons, some of them are cool, but I really don't like how they will not stay in their alt modes. Roadbuster would really be cooler if his weapon stayed as a chainsaw.

Still waiting to get my hands on all 3 Wreckers as Human Alliance Figures and use the HA Basics as their Targetmasters.

I'm completly in the same boat, some of the figures are really impressive to me.

I'm loving most of the mechtech weapons "alt" modes aswell such as roadbuster's saw and ratchet's saw blade. The only one I thought shouldn't lock out is topspin's because it's a claw so it's definetly a bummer to not be able to lock out the deluxes but it's not that big of a deal.

As for size, I'm way happy that they're smaller. I don't have much room for my collection and seriously limit them to being in glass cabinets, so them taking less room is great. I love the interaction between figure types, they can all swap weapons and can use HA basics as weapons and stuff. It's really neat. I have a soft spot for the Micromasters so they whole idea of smaller stature but mroe playability is a big win for me even if I only display them, they just feel right in your hands y'know?

Thumbs up for DOTM.