Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   So are you warming up to DOTM yet? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31612)

Pascal 05-21-2011 09:11 PM

Re: So are you warming up to DOTM yet?

Kinda glad the Generations/RTS line is over, save for a few figures, it was a pretty boring line. I hope we get movie stuff (then Prime) for at least a solid year!

protoform_ironhide 05-21-2011 09:42 PM

I have not spend a penny yet! Still in between the fence about the basic Human Alliance.. other than that, nothing really impress me so far. However I am waiting for the HA Roadbuster in wave 2 which looks awesome in photos. That new bumblebee from wave 1 is sooooo ugly...

Scrapper6 05-21-2011 09:44 PM

What's with the more expensive comments? I haven't seen the prices at Wal-Mart yet, but Zellers seems to be selling their Deluxe figures for 16.99, which is a dollar less than HftD and Generations were at 17.99$

On top of that, the HA Basics came up to 12.99, two dollars cheaper than the 14.99$ PCC figures.

Voyagers are constant at 29.99, the only thing I felt was a tad overpriced from what little I saw was the 19.99 Cyberverse Playsets. Of course I am aware that these prices aren't entirely province wide in some cases, heck they aren't even the same region/area wise since some stores will charge more for a given product due to their location in the city and the amount of income the general populace of that area make. (Apparently)

So why is everybody complaining about a price increase for a size decrease? About the only thing that makes sense for is the Cyberverse Commanders and possibly the Voyagers.

Commandoclone87 05-21-2011 09:45 PM

Want HA Figures for each of the Wreckers and the HA Basics for some Targetmaster fun.

gagagalvatron 05-21-2011 09:56 PM

So far, I'm pleasantly surprised.

The HA Basics are really neat -- better than I was anticipating. Interesting vehicles and the drivers are fun, and they influence the designs of the toys. I was not expecting to like them this much.

I don't collect Legends, so Cyberverse was a big yawn to me. But I got Powerglide and Blackout. I haven't opened Powerglide yet. Blackout is amazing. I didn't think they could do that at this size class. Great vehicle, great robot, interesting transformation, lots of detail.

Crankcase also surprised me. There are lots of little neat things about the figure. I like the Insecticon vibe I get from him, as well as all the little details.

Roadbuster was a bit of a disappointment, but only because he wasn't surprisingly awesome.

While I'm not in favor of the reduced scale or MechTech weapons (in general), the toys themselves are good. I would gladly pay 9.99 for Blackout again in a heartbeat.

razin 05-21-2011 10:09 PM

I just want CV Commanders of all DOTM characters. These are the first movie toys I actually like, in this case, love. Definitely need wreckers as commanders for sure.

jackwacko 05-21-2011 10:19 PM

I only got voyager Ironhide (seems like i'm one of the only people that got it instead of Leader one) and so far I love him! Yes the vehicle is small, but the robot mode totally makes up for it. His legs are by far the most posable Movie figure I own, and his mechtech weapon is an adequately big gun for him (compared to the leader). One minor gripe about him is that his arms are kinda weird. Overall, I think i will invest in at least one more DOTM figure.

Perceptor 05-21-2011 10:20 PM

Taking a break from toy shopping since DOTM came out... and surprisingly I am not missing it so far. Maybe when they go on sale I'll get interested...

TwinTwistR 05-21-2011 10:38 PM

So far I view it on par with the other movie lines: I'll buy a few that are pretty neat and appeal to me, but definitely not going for completionist mode.

Matrix_Holder 05-21-2011 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapper6 (Post 340071)
What's with the more expensive comments? I haven't seen the prices at Wal-Mart yet, but Zellers seems to be selling their Deluxe figures for 16.99, which is a dollar less than HftD and Generations were at 17.99$

On top of that, the HA Basics came up to 12.99, two dollars cheaper than the 14.99$ PCC figures.

Voyagers are constant at 29.99, the only thing I felt was a tad overpriced from what little I saw was the 19.99 Cyberverse Playsets. Of course I am aware that these prices aren't entirely province wide in some cases, heck they aren't even the same region/area wise since some stores will charge more for a given product due to their location in the city and the amount of income the general populace of that area make. (Apparently)

So why is everybody complaining about a price increase for a size decrease? About the only thing that makes sense for is the Cyberverse Commanders and possibly the Voyagers.

TRU deluxe DOTM figures are 16.99 same as zellers in burlington, HA are 13.99 here...more than the PCC 2 packs and 9.99 for the cyberverse class figs like powerglide. they are smaller than before and they do cost more now.