Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Toys R Us Canada Transformers Sale 40% off DOTM Voyagers (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=35192)

Nomad 10-07-2011 06:08 PM

Re: Toys R Us Canada Transformers Sale 40% off DOTM Voyagers

Well, someone could always ask to get a hold of their price matching policy (the full document) and then go from there. I mean if nothing else, it'd be funny to see how they'd back up their false claim of TRU only selling toys, and of course make it easier for us to know exactly how we can can best avoid getting played.

@ Redrobotor:
I already made a post in the BC sightings thread, but I was in the Kelowna TRU today & found 1 Skyhammer among the sea of Optimus. I left it kinda hidden toward the back right side on the shelves, but no guarantees.

ekf.kurt 10-09-2011 11:05 AM

not just DOTM voyagers! my gf and i picked up grappel and lugnut for 17 each! was lookin for an ironhide, but no such luck.

sikkbones 10-09-2011 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pulsedragon20 (Post 377933)
x2

The physical flyer usually works most of the time

***CAUTION***

Zellers LaSalle (in Montreal) is getting really evil (I can't confirm with other Zellers yet...)

This Zellers would NOT allow me (or anyone) to PRICE MATCH with a Toysrus flyer when I tried today (I talked to cashier AND a supervisor)!!! :argh:

I asked why and they told me "they just sell toys so we can't"

So I told them you just lost $60 worth of business from me and that Walmart will be getting it instead

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

this is why i don't price match... if i can't find what i'm looking for... i get a raincheck.. you'd be surprised which other stores takes competeiors rainchecks.

KRM 10-09-2011 08:04 PM

I went to the local TRU in Kamloops and the ONLY DOTM Voyager they had was a single Prime. Although now I see that it would have applied to the HFTD Grapple I saw there. Dammit!

Nomad 10-09-2011 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ekf.kurt (Post 378189)
not just DOTM voyagers! my gf and i picked up grappel and lugnut for 17 each! was lookin for an ironhide, but no such luck.

Do you remember if those guys (Lugnut & Grappel) scanned at that price, or did they just give you the markdown because it was a Voyager size figure?

ryceball89 10-10-2011 09:09 PM

Picked up Shockwave. Others were Regular Prime, and Fireburst Prime. Mississauga TRU.

Jeem 10-10-2011 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nomad (Post 378310)
Do you remember if those guys (Lugnut & Grappel) scanned at that price, or did they just give you the markdown because it was a Voyager size figure?

Was at the South Edmonton TRU and they had the lugnut and repaint as a part of the sale.

Nomad 10-10-2011 10:03 PM

Ah. :)

Megatronimus 10-15-2011 09:47 AM

So wait, Shockwave and Grapple would be applicable for the discount?

pulsedragon20 10-15-2011 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatronimus (Post 379488)
So wait, Shockwave and Grapple would be applicable for the discount?

1) Sale is over...
2) No, it's not part of the sale, it's a markdown