Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Storing Accessories (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=78267)

JohnathanKong 11-27-2019 10:35 PM

Storing Accessories

I was doing cleaning of my storage rooms and realized that my toy accessories are a mess. I ziplock them and throw them into a box, but because there are so many, it's impossible to find. Where do you guys put your accessories and instructions? I was thinking of getting a peg board and hanging them in my storage room, but I feel that would take up more space than a box and look dumb.

xueyue2 11-27-2019 11:16 PM

Re: Storing Accessories

one ziploc bag for one robot's accessories + instruction.

justprime 11-28-2019 08:15 AM

I use the storage containers for nuts and bolts and hardware (that you find in canadian tire or depot) they come with multi compartments that can be rearranged to fit parts and in different sizes easiy organized and can be labled

JonoPrime 11-28-2019 10:22 AM

Dollar Store/Rama/Tree have great options for mini tupperware containers, desk organizers and storage compartments that Ive used over the years for various bot bins.

Autovolt 127 11-28-2019 03:25 PM

I usually try to keep them on the figures if i can, i did that with my UW Devastator.

imfallenangel 11-28-2019 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autovolt 127 (Post 801589)
I usually try to keep them on the figures if i can, i did that with my UW Devastator.

Ditto.

Most figures are done so to hold all of their accessories in both modes. I'd rather keep everything together, otherwise I'd jsut have no clue to what goes with which figure.

The instructions and such are in a large drawer and in Fortress Max's box... one day I'll probably sort through them and organized them better.

Magnus 11-28-2019 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xueyue2 (Post 801551)
one ziploc bag for one robot's accessories + instruction.

^ what he said!

Yonoid 11-28-2019 04:26 PM

for instructions I use something like this so you can organize them by name:

https://www.staples.ca/products/9123...op-file-letter

evenstaves 11-28-2019 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autovolt 127 (Post 801589)
I usually try to keep them on the figures if i can

Quote:

Originally Posted by imfallenangel (Post 801593)
Ditto

Onboard kibble storage in every mode is one of those beautiful and insanely beneficial things, it's like eras of time passing
And I love it so much

Being a out-of-the-box collector for G1 must be so trying sometimes in that regard (seekers, cassettes, etc)

JohnathanKong 11-28-2019 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evenstaves (Post 801603)
Onboard kibble storage in every mode is one of those beautiful and insanely beneficial things, it's like eras of time passing
And I love it so much

Being a out-of-the-box collector for G1 must be so trying sometimes in that regard (seekers, cassettes, etc)

I collect masterpiece and FansToys, however, siege has been fantastic. I've noticed that siege does have storage for all accessories, but masterpiece and FT try to cram as much as possible into the toys. Most have multiple head sculpts, lots of accessories (MP hot rod came with a massive fishing rod), and lots of other extra parts.

I love the Tupperware idea, but some accessories are large, megatrons gun parts, so I'd need a rather large box. I also don't like to mix and match, meaning I'd want the parts sectioned off, so not too sure how much space the Tupperware is going to take if I try to do that.

As others have said, I have them in bags, but it's just a large dump, and when I'm looking for something, I have to dump everything out and attempt to find it.

Either way, I'm going to see if I can find something that will fit majority of stuff and I may store the larger accessories separately. Thanks guys!

JohnathanKong 11-28-2019 11:28 PM

was looking at this, https://www.amazon.ca/Akro-Mils-1072...dp/B00012FQEM/, but not only is it really expensive, I have a feeling that some accessories will still be too large. I love accessories, I just wish they had storage for everything. I think so far MP Ironhide has the most stored accessories with that sled, but megatron has the largest.

I do, however, have lots of instruction manuals, so I think the file will be good for instructions that don't have accessories attached to them.