Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   TFcon Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Tf con for kids (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=64149)

Yonoid 05-18-2016 09:20 PM

Tf con for kids

Never been to one of these and thinking of attending for the first time with my 5 yr old.

Just wondering what there is for kids there? Besides checking out all the toys.

innermanchild 05-18-2016 09:34 PM

Re: Tf con for kids

There are some people in costumes, I saw a lot of kids taking pictures with them last year.

UltraPrimal 05-18-2016 09:36 PM

There's the customizing class, though parental guidance would be required since there may be sharp knives and paint involved. Although I don't know if there's a minimum age limit.

Panels are a good option too. I suggest the script reading, costume contest, and voice actor panels.

There's also usually movie screenings in the evening.

Once the official schedule is released for this year you'd have a better idea of what your youngling would be interested in. Until then, last year's schedule is up on tfcon.ca to give you an idea of what to expect.

Echotransformer 05-20-2016 09:31 PM

Last year my son really enjoyed reviewing the artists work, meeting them and buying some of the posters...they also love going in the pool and water slides at the hotel!

Yonoid 05-20-2016 10:26 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I think we will go this year. Don't see the option to buy kids ticket online. Do they ever sell out of tickets st the door?

wervenom 05-20-2016 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yonoid (Post 692202)
Thanks for the feedback. I think we will go this year. Don't see the option to buy kids ticket online. Do they ever sell out of tickets st the door?

I don't think so. I've taken my son for the last 3 years with no issues, other than he says he's tired after 2 hours lol

blackdraon113 05-21-2016 08:25 AM

Kids between 5 and 12 are $5 for each day. There is no charge for children under 5 years of age.

zuffyprime 07-10-2016 11:50 PM

yonoid, glad you guys are coming... brought my godson last year, and the panel he enjoyed the most was the costume contest... he really liked seeing all the people dressed up as the different characters

Yonoid 07-11-2016 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zuffyprime (Post 699061)
yonoid, glad you guys are coming... brought my godson last year, and the panel he enjoyed the most was the costume contest... he really liked seeing all the people dressed up as the different characters

Thanks, we are getting pretty stoked for this event. I think he would enjoy the costume contest along with a few TF toys he hasn't seen in person... fort max, omega supreme, hot rod

this might be a dumb question but do people wear name tags?

JLvatron 07-11-2016 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yonoid (Post 699070)
Thanks, we are getting pretty stoked for this event. I think he would enjoy the costume contest along with a few TF toys he hasn't seen in person... fort max, omega supreme, hot rod

this might be a dumb question but do people wear name tags?

I think pre reg attendees wear event badges. Years ago there was space on the badge to write your name but it was optional.

Also, a new event has been added for the kids: Transformers Ballooning!
I'm hoping your son will enjoy it.