Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Do you ever buy a figure only because everyone wants it? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=26131)

racerguy76 09-16-2010 09:43 PM

Re: Do you ever buy a figure only because everyone wants it?

Nope, only buy what I like. I listen to others opinions, but I don't buy something cause it's what everybody wants right now. I leave it for someone who wants it.

ANDROID PRIME 09-16-2010 09:50 PM

Obviously I'll only buy what I want. But I do buy into the buzz on the sightings boards when new figures are released. so it makes me want the figures I like, more. does that make any sense?

pud333 09-16-2010 09:51 PM

I used to at the beginning of my collecting, but not anymore. Though I do want that Grimlock just because he actually is awesome.

Sun Swipe Prime 09-16-2010 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jove (Post 276296)
Not yet, but I have given a figure more than a second look because it was a hot item. I keep thinking "what am I missing?"

But so far I have not succumb.

This

Robimus 09-16-2010 10:27 PM

No

CobraCommander 09-16-2010 10:34 PM

I'm sure I have in the past, now I usually make my mind once I have the item in hand in the store. If the price ain't right or the figure doesn't look as great as I thought, then it stays. However sometimes I get a figure and it sits in the box for a few weeks before I decide to keep it or return it. Heck, I didn't even get ROTF leader prime when it was released until a year later and on sale. I haven't even budged on Supreme Devy :p

Perceptor 09-16-2010 10:59 PM

No I haven't bought a figure just because others want it. But I have bot figs that I am not totally in love with. I would end up buying because they're on sale. The logic goes like this... well, I kind of like it... wouldn't pay $$$ for it... but since it's on sale for only $, why not?? Most of the time the figs that I only got due to sale price end up being neglected by me as the "love" wears off quickly. So I will try to avoid that in the future... like tomorow when the TRU sale starts! :D

pulsedragon20 09-16-2010 11:04 PM

I buy what I like...collecting isn't about it being a popularity contest, well at least not to me

blitz 09-16-2010 11:13 PM

I used to and it was a hit and miss for me. There were some that when I opened, I was glad I got it and then some not so much.

I try to get what I know I want but if I do have an impulse buy then I will keep it sealed until I can find more reviews on it then decide to open or return.

bedtime 09-16-2010 11:23 PM

i'm sort of in this position right now with the challenge at cybertron set... although i'm in the middle of watching g1 season 3 and cyclonus is becoming a favorite of mine so i think that has something to do with it too.