Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I officially hate MP Grimlock (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=54264)

OLDMR 07-02-2014 08:12 PM

I officially hate MP Grimlock

After getting Scoria, Grimlock seemed inferior. Now that the stupid peg on his sword broke and he can't hold that nub of a handle, he officially sucks!!

Masta_Skidz 07-02-2014 08:26 PM

Re: I officially hate MP Grimlock

mp grimlock is a pretty inferior mp mold imo as well

jjwankenobi 07-02-2014 08:26 PM

Sorry to hear that. Waiting on my Scoria to arrive with no doubts it'll impress as a 3P MP but I'll reserve judgement until he's inhand.

I wonder if that's due to mold degradation.

I've had my Hasbro MP Grimlock for 4 years now with no issues.

I still believe it's the mold that signalled a better direction for whole the whole MP line.

Buhawi 07-02-2014 09:58 PM

LOL

MULTIPLEX 07-02-2014 10:02 PM

I hate every official MP now, especially MP Hasbro Optimus and MP Hasbro Grimlock (2010), ever since I got Scoria. OK maybe not the Datsuns. The Hastak offerings just feel so cheap. The seekers are junk.

How can a 3rd party figure be better than the official Autobot leader and the Dinobot leader? That's just plain irritating considering I paid more for those two than I did this Scoria. Some of you might be thinking well those aren't Takaras, those are Hasbro. Doesn't matter IMO.

I was seriously considering getting Takara MP-8X reissue. Not a chance in hell now because I know Fans Toys is making their own Grimlock and also will offer it in the MP-8X colours, and guaranteed to be cheaper. Plus it will actually be MP-10 scale.

Wheeljack Off 07-02-2014 10:28 PM

How much did you pay for scoria vs your grimlock?

Masta_Skidz 07-02-2014 10:31 PM

Can I ask what you problem with Hasbro Mp Optimus ? as I have one and I like mine I have not found any problems on it. I would like to have MP10 but i can do with mine

MULTIPLEX 07-02-2014 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wheeljack Off (Post 585076)
How much did you pay for scoria vs your grimlock?

Scoria $200
Grimlock $255 last year
Prime $220 last year

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masta_Skidz (Post 585078)
Can I ask what you problem with Hasbro Mp Optimus ? as I have one and I like mine I have not found any problems on it. I would like to have MP10 but i can do with mine

Cheap feeling materials, hardly painted, floppy ankles and over-complicated transformation. The YOTH Prime is way better quality IMO but still doesnt hold a candle to Scoria.

If you get a chance, hold Scoria in your hands and transform him once. You will know what I mean. QUALITY.

Sir Prime A Lot 07-02-2014 10:43 PM

I agree after holding Quakewave though the figure is twice the cost.

Subroutine 07-02-2014 10:45 PM

Mold fatigue id say.
All my joints are loose on Hasbro MP Grimlock.

Hes been used and abused over the years.

Hate is a strong word.