Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Transformers Titan Changers - A Good Replacement? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=69727)

xBoundlessHalox 08-07-2017 06:57 PM

Transformers Titan Changers - A Good Replacement?

4 Attachment(s)
So with a combination of the price hike on Transformers in Canada and the drop in quality, I've been officially priced out of the Transformers market for some time now; however, I'd still like to collect.

Recently, Hasbro has introduced transformation into their Titans line. At the price point (after taxes) of $17.16 on the dot, buying just two of these in one trip would cost me $34.32 (only a few dollars more than one Deluxe.) because of this, should I swallow my pride and accept their... cheap nature? Or should I just stop collecting?

As some of you may not even know about this line as, let's be honest here, you probably don't care, these are the two figures I'm looking at.

Xtreme987 08-07-2017 07:05 PM

Re: Transformers Titan Changers - A Good Replacement?

Well while their alt modes look somewhat decent, robot modes could use a lot more paint. You could try painting them up yourself. I for one suck with painting. 99% of the time I make a mess so I don't even bother. I would rather just fork over the extra $ upfront & get what I can get from Hasbro. Buy what you like tho & can afford. You could also wait for stores like TRU to put up good sales but that seems to be a thing of the past. I can't remember that last 1/2 price sale on TF's. :(

RaidenisOP 08-07-2017 07:09 PM

Personally I think the deluxe figures are where the quality and smart engineering is at lately, so I'd go that route if you like the characters. At $20 or less depending on sales/coupons etc I think you're getting a much nicer item for your money.

Chigimus 08-07-2017 07:51 PM

Unless you have the time, patience, and skill to hand paint these titan changers, then no, I would stop collecting if I were you. Like RaidenisOP said, Deluxes and some voyagers in the CHUG line are still probably the best bang for your buck, but if you've drawn the line as to where you want spend your money, then the simplicity of Titan Changers may not be enough to satisfy that plastic crack addiction. Not for most, at least.

tusko 08-07-2017 08:35 PM

Stop collecting at retail.

Maybe consider looking into lots on the secondary markets.

Bountyan 08-07-2017 08:48 PM

Not collecting would be better than wasting money and space for a bunch of bad looking cheap toys.

Or just continue buying the more expensive toys but simply buy less of them. $35 for one good looking toy is better than $35 for two cheapo toys.

Mega Truck 08-07-2017 09:30 PM

If you hunt around, you can make a decent collection of mixing CHUG, Combiner Wars, Titans return. A select few in each line are nice. Trying to find them used will be cost effective and keep you very busy (therefore keeping the collector feeling going)... or just get one MP / 3rd Party once a year. Quantity vs Quality.
There's plenty of nice $10-20 used TFs on the members sales threads. If nothing else, looking around and thinking still keeps you in the zone :)

MapleMegatron 08-07-2017 09:53 PM

If these simplified toys are your last option, then you are better off just not buying at standard retail and waiting till you find those at a value village or kijiji or any other second place they are sure to end up in for les than 5$ a piece.

RNSrobot 08-07-2017 10:28 PM

You can almost guaranteed get 20 deluxes at 25% off.

RNSrobot 08-07-2017 10:31 PM

Also, what drop in quality? Titans return has been awesome.

So sick of this fake ass narrative.