Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   First 2 Genertions Selects Seacons @ Hasbro Pulse (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=77196)

Matrix_Holder 08-09-2019 06:06 PM

Re: First 2 Genertions Selects Seacons @ Hasbro Pulse

Not worth it at that price for me, unless there is a cheaper place to buy then I'll wait for the inevitable ko.

Pascal 08-09-2019 07:13 PM

Have we seen straight KOs of all the other CW or POTP combiners?

Grayfox 08-09-2019 08:37 PM

Yeah, I'm sorry for the whining, but $55 for a deluxe figure that used to sell for about $25 like a year ago is getting a little insane to me. Am I the only one feeling that way?

Regardless of it being a "Takara import" and all. In fact, as it's been said, aren't all Hasbro TF products "Takara Imports"? This is just a lame excuse for quite the price jump.

I absolutely get they are specialty items, but IMO, it should not justify the 100% mark up...

nuropa 08-09-2019 09:55 PM

everytime something comes out as takara mall exclusive, they get you with the extra $$$. I remember UW03 Defensor set was like $230 shipped, UW01-02 was 170 and Hasbro ones can be had for 120. it sucks, but has been like this for long time. price increase and weaker CAD$ doesn't help either.

chaingunsofdoom 08-09-2019 10:28 PM

They're marking up MP-48 (who is 16159 JPY on Amazon JP) on HasbroPulse by at least 32 USD, so obviously these 2 are also marked-up as well.

positivelyken 08-10-2019 12:34 AM

That price definitely hurts. I wish Hasbro had released the Seacons under their own label at the regular price or even as Generations Selects releases, and let Takara release BWII versions as exclusives.

MapleMegatron 08-10-2019 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Prime A Lot (Post 793057)
TFSource is claiming it's exclusive to their store. Internet determined.....that was a lie.

https://tfsource.com/generations-sel...ler-exclusive/

Where does it say its their exclusive?
They usually write the word "exclusive" when its exclusive to a specific retailer so that consumers understand why the price is so high (which is the case here with TTMALL).

MapleMegatron 08-10-2019 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grayfox (Post 793159)
Yeah, I'm sorry for the whining, but $55 for a deluxe figure that used to sell for about $25 like a year ago is getting a little insane to me. Am I the only one feeling that way?

I feel that way too. But thats ok, its the case with exclusives, I will simply not get it unles Hasbro ever releases a more affordable boxset.

predahank 08-10-2019 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom (Post 793167)
They're marking up MP-48 (who is 16159 JPY on Amazon JP) on HasbroPulse by at least 32 USD, so obviously these 2 are also marked-up as well.

plus 1200 yen shipping and if you factor in conversion fee from the cc or paypal then you’re looking at 225 cad for that sailor moon looking lion face.

I agree that piranacon is pushing the price point on mainline figures, exclusive or not

RNSrobot 08-10-2019 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MapleMegatron (Post 793173)
I feel that way too. But thats ok, its the case with exclusives, I will simply not get it unles Hasbro ever releases a more affordable boxset.

It's really odd this isn't being done as a box set.