Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   International Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Takara Tomy bans third party custom Transformers Products in Japan? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=30667)

Hellboy 04-12-2011 10:44 AM

Re: Takara Tomy bans third party custom Transformers Products in Japan?

I'm sure a restricted license for accessories would be possible for any 3rd party company but, realistically, the fee would be in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. Imagine the price-hike on those items.
There is a reason why Hasbro and Takara don't make such accessories... most likely it's not a viable venture. It might be profitable for 3 or 4 people bootlegging without a license from their basement but not an international company.

Look at the kerfuffle Lucas's team makes over fan-made Stormtrooper armour. That's why getting the stuff is all through word of mouth and secret connections.

Like it or not everyone has a right to protect their personal or intellectual property. Nobody should be able to profit from something you invented or produce without giving you a return.

jourdo 04-12-2011 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by down_shift (Post 330197)
I'll believe it when I see it.

Yup.

I just don't see the issue of the add-on sets as you need the original figure to make them work. The blatent rip-offs though are crossing through that grey area.

Buhawi 04-12-2011 10:50 AM

the stuff that's out so far are fugly anyway. wonder if hasbro has balls to do this.

TFclub devastator would be great though. oh well.

Mighty_Galvatron 04-12-2011 02:10 PM

I'm surprised they took this long to do it. Bummer though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 329966)
Maybe that'll force them to come up with their own original creations.

lol...what? Then we'd miss out on things like FP Springer, Swindle, and Blast Off.

ARCTrooperAlpha 04-14-2011 05:00 PM

hey guys I just realized, remember that Xovergen group that created Rolling Thunder Optimus? Didn't they say they were planning to make an upgrade set for WFC Optimus and Megatron? Are they in Japan too? :( ............

venksta 04-14-2011 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARCTrooperAlpha (Post 330902)
hey guys I just realized, remember that Xovergen group that created Rolling Thunder Optimus? Didn't they say they were planning to make an upgrade set for WFC Optimus and Megatron? Are they in Japan too? :( ............

I think their in Singapore, or some of the members are. The Rolling Thunder prime figure hasn't done well in sales. I think thats why they haven't announced any thing new, and any updates on the WFC Prime and Megatron weapons. They basically screwed themselves by forcing retailers to pickup both colors of the prime figure, and controlling the way it was sold.