Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Beast Hunters Airing in Canada Starting March 30th (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=46143)

Benzo 03-25-2013 11:16 AM

Beast Hunters Airing in Canada Starting March 30th

1 Attachment(s)
Good new for us Canadian fans of the Transformers Prime show. Starting this Saturday March 30th Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters will air on Canadian television on the CW channel starting at 7:30 am mountain time followed with reruns at 8:30 am and 10:30 am on the other channels in the group.

Teletoon will also be airing Beast Hunters starting on April 5th with the first three episodes of the series starting at 8:30 pm.

Thanks to board member Kujo1597 for the info and also check your local listings for exact show times in your area.

Nomad 03-25-2013 10:18 PM

Re: Beast Hunters Airing in Canada Starting March 30th

Awesome :)

pandaprime 03-25-2013 10:37 PM

Hellboy 03-26-2013 02:22 PM

What's the CW Channel?

Rodimus Prime1 03-26-2013 02:47 PM

It's on reg TV & HD,Arrows on it, Google it for channel listing

WB & CBS joint venture, it targets women between 13-34. :D

UltraPrimal 03-26-2013 03:18 PM

CW? Is that the channel that has "Vortex" on it Saturday mornings? God, they fucking butchered Justice League on there. Every 5 minutes I cringe watching it.

Kujo1597 03-26-2013 06:52 PM

Yep, CW is the channel with the Vortex block and had or has the Toonzai block on Saturday mornings. I don't know if the station has a name other than "CW" to be honest. All I know is that there are three of them for whatever reason.

I heard that CW messed with some scenes in Transformers Prime too so I'm not gonna bother with that channel and watch the Teletoon airing. Plus it'd let me see the first three episodes in a row which is awesome.

I'm disappointed at the lack of hype by the way. ;)

Mishap 03-27-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodimus Prime1 (Post 497667)
It's on reg TV & HD,Arrows on it, Google it for channel listing

WB & CBS joint venture, it targets women between 13-34. :D

To make the whole CW thing a little more clear.

It's a US over-the-air network that is carried on Canadian systems sometimes as a superstation, sometimes as a local station from a selected US city. It was created when UPN and the WB merged to try and hold their own against the Big 4 networks.

You won't get the CW channel, you might get a CW channel, or two or three, and it'll sometimes be listed by affiliate call letters (eg. WGN, WPIX). While Canadian systems carry the Big 4 and PBS in their basic packages, that's not necssarily true for the CW (or UPN and WB before them). You may have to get a movie or sports package to get a CW affiliate. I know I did when I had cable.

Basically, what the article is saying is that you might be able to get it, but you may have to really look for it.

Rodimus Prime1 03-27-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kujo1597 (Post 497717)
Yep,

I'm disappointed at the lack of hype by the way. ;)

Which lack of hype ?, tv, toys or fans??

I myself was pretty hyped, but when I found out that there were only going to be 13 episodes and knowing that it will end, took some of the wind out of my sails. :crying:

I am looking forward to the movie they were planning on doing though, if they still do it? Hopefully it is a movie and gets a little more money and time thrown against it and not just a TV episode movie

I have really enjoyed the series so far.

I know some don't, but thats their choice/opinion and thats fine.

Kujo1597 03-27-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodimus Prime1 (Post 497904)
Which lack of hype ?, tv, toys or fans??

I myself was pretty hyped, but when I found out that there were only going to be 13 episodes and knowing that it will end, took some of the wind out of my sails. :crying:

I am looking forward to the movie they were planning on doing though, if they still do it? Hopefully it is a movie and gets a little more money and time thrown against it and not just a TV episode movie

I have really enjoyed the series so far.

I know some don't, but thats their choice/opinion and thats fine.

I was mostly joking about the lack of posts. But I'm also a bit bummed that the final season is only 13 episodes. But to be honest, I'm okay with that as long as it gets an actual ending that doesn't feel too terribly rushed like the Animated one did to me. Prime wasn't actually cancelled so it shouldn't feel really rushed compared to the rest of the series. I love Transformers Prime but I'd rather it get an ending than no ending at all like so many shows out there.

The movie should happen, it's been mentioned quite a few times and is supposed to be an epilogue for Beast Hunters. But I think it's a TV movie and not a theatre movie.