Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers Feedback and Reviews (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Transformers Trilogy. Despised or enjoyed? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=40482)

shockwing 06-07-2012 12:44 PM

Transformers Trilogy. Despised or enjoyed?

^Title, This will determine what forum members think about the movies: not toys, not comics, no other products or media but the movies. Also, if you have something to say, by all means, go ahead. But be nice and avoid arguments about the related topic(s).

This is not meant to cause commotion, just want to know and show what the majority of the members think. So we can stop bringing it up.

End of discussion.

Stapler 06-07-2012 12:56 PM

Re: Transformers Trilogy. Despised or enjoyed?

I enjoy the movie trilogy for what it is. It had it's moments and, while it could have been better, it could have been a lot worse. I think it's been good for the franchise as a whole what with the money and attention it brought Hasbro.

It's been such a success that Hasbro has been able to make a wealth of alternative TF material for those who may not enjoy the movies. We really have it too good to be unhappy with the movies in my humble opinion. :)

Commandoclone87 06-07-2012 12:57 PM

For what they were, I rather enjoyed the movies. Probably because I was expecting the usual summer movie fare and at least got something that tied into my childhood.

That said, while I liked the references to the old series, the script writing could have been much better.

RageD 06-07-2012 01:01 PM

I thought they were entertaining Robot Movies.

Where they transformers movies? No, not really.

They shared the names, but none of the traits, heart or soul that made the franchise great.

I'm happy they do well, but I've always disliked michael bay movies.

Metrotitan 06-07-2012 01:07 PM

They were garbage.

STI 2NV 06-07-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stapler (Post 434196)
I enjoy the movie trilogy for what it is. It had it's moments and, while it could have been better, it could have been a lot worse. I think it's been good for the franchise as a whole what with the money and attention it brought Hasbro.

It's been such a success that Hasbro has been able to make a wealth of alternative TF material for those who may not enjoy the movies. We really have it too good to be unhappy with the movies in my humble opinion. :)

THIS!!

Larkhainan 06-07-2012 01:46 PM

I'd say enjoyed of the two options but I don't really have a strong sentiment towards the films. I think "hating" them gives them too much credit; they're just summer blockbusters made for the purposes of money. They were enjoyable in that regard but it's plainly obvious film making can do better.

jjwankenobi 06-07-2012 02:02 PM

Hard to be polar about this...

On the one had the Bayverse movies brought the Transformers brand back from limbo spawning the Classics toy line which begat Henkei, Universe, Generations, RTS, Fansproject, etc. IMO, it also helped bring Animated and Prime to the small screen and it created a new generation of TransFans.

On the other hand there's Devastator's Balls, Bumblebee's piss, Prime's uncharacteristicly violent behaviour (ok...that's kinda cool really) and the uneccessary wiggerness of the RotF Twins.

In the end I guess the pros outweigh the cons, especially if you view the Trilogy with a healthy dose of buttery popcorn and a few rum and Cokes with as little thinking as humanly possible.

jourdo 06-07-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjwankenobi (Post 434209)
Hard to be polar about this...

On the one had the Bayverse movies brought the Transformers brand back from limbo spawning the Classics toy line which begat Henkei, Universe, Generations, RTS, Fansproject, etc. IMO, it also helped bring Animated and Prime to the small screen and it created a new generation of TransFans.

On the other hand there's Devastator's Balls, Bumblebee's piss, Prime's uncharacteristicly violent behaviour (ok...that's kinda cool really) and the uneccessary wiggerness of the RotF Twins.

In the end I guess the pros outweigh the cons, especially if you view the Trilogy with a healthy dose of buttery popcorn and a few rum and Cokes with as little thinking as humanly possible.

Very well said, and I couldn't agree more. Like anything, it had high points and low points. Overall, the highs outweighed the lows. Brainless summer fun was had.

Looking forward to the next set.

brr-icy 06-07-2012 02:28 PM

they were ok, i couldn't vote despised