Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   G1 Soundwave, Gears and Warpath Released in Canada (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=76934)

Robimus 07-13-2019 11:59 PM

G1 Soundwave, Gears and Warpath Released in Canada

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks to Cybertron.ca member DesertDog we now know that the Walmart reissues of G1 Soundwave, G1 Gears and G1 Warpath have been released in Canada.

DesertDog found them at a Walmart in Alberta. Soundwave price is $69.97.

Alberta Superior. Everyone Else Inferior!

oroboru 07-14-2019 06:34 AM

Re: G1 Soundwave, Gears and Warpath Released in Canada

That Soundwave a bit OP, but still makes more sense at $70 than G1 Prime.

What the hell were they thinking?!?!?

GotBot 07-14-2019 09:48 AM

Better pricing than Prime. That packaging is all the feels lol.

Alexander Quinn 07-14-2019 06:10 PM

Awesome! Excited for Soundwave. Hope he pops up in Ontario soon.

Wheelwave 07-14-2019 06:19 PM

I've already tried 3 Walmarts today and nothing.

riderman 07-14-2019 07:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Markham and Steeles Walmart on the edge of Markham and Scarborough has Gears and Warpath

TheSwipe95 07-14-2019 07:54 PM

We'll, it only took a year to get Gears and Warpath.

1337w422102 07-14-2019 07:58 PM

Man, these prices are more outrageous than Jem and the Holograms.

MapleMegatron 07-14-2019 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GotBot (Post 790545)
Better pricing than Prime.

I dont see how. That soundawve release is more akin to last year's Starscream (who was also rather overpriced compared to previous seeker reissues) and yet its 20$ more.

riderman 07-14-2019 09:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MapleMegatron (Post 790601)
I dont see how. That soundawve release is more akin to last year's Starscream (who was also rather overpriced compared to previous seeker reissues) and yet its 20$ more.

Do you mean this seeker set I found at the Eglington Walmart yesterday night?

riderman 07-14-2019 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1337w422102 (Post 790598)
Man, these prices are more outrageous than Jem and the Holograms.

How much is Jem these days? Even though it's a Hasbro product I wonder how much it will cost compared to Tranformers? I must agree with you there, the Transformers prices are "Truly, Truly Outrageous!"

riderman 07-14-2019 10:28 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I was lucky to get the Toys R us exclusive commemorative Soundwave back in the day. I wonder how it compares to the new G1 Reissue coming soon?

GotBot 07-14-2019 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MapleMegatron (Post 790601)

Bigger than Starscream and Prime, more parts and has Buzzsaw. I stand by what I said but NONE of these reissues are sensibly priced really, to be fair, hmmm.....maybe MAYBE the minibots

seancuthbertca 07-14-2019 11:41 PM

To me, Soundwave is worth it. Trailerless Prime? Not so much. I figure they'll charge $19 for the pairs of cassettes when they're released.

Phtcndn 07-14-2019 11:50 PM

the target buyer for this product does not care if it costs 6.97, 69.97 or 697.00. Okay maybe not 700.00

Robimus 07-15-2019 12:21 AM

Other than minibots, I’ve yet to pay full price for any of these.

If the price doesn’t suite, just give it a couple months.

Sun Swipe Prime 07-15-2019 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riderman (Post 790608)
I was lucky to get the Toys R us exclusive commemorative Soundwave back in the day. I wonder how it compares to the new G1 Reissue coming soon?

Yeah, I got that back in the day, too. I'm not 100% sure but I believe it was $40-$50, so with inflation, I don't think it's too-too off. But the at around the same time a Optimus with the trailer was about that price too. I got one for $35 on sale, so I don't think the Optimus is a great buy in terms of pricing.

QuadESL63 07-15-2019 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riderman (Post 790608)

All G1 reissue Soundwaves (with single cassette chamber except for one Hasbro reissue version) are based on the Japanese G1 Soundblaster mold, so this will be the same. This is different than the original G1 Soundwave mold in a few spots.

The one you have includes Ravage, too, but it has Laserbeak instead of Buzzsaw. Two cassettes > one... so yours is a better deal? But I supposed if you are craving for the G1 packaging then this Walmart one is better in this sense.

I have an original with an ok condition box and various reissues I will pass. But I may get the cassettes in G1 like card backs, though, whenever they hit our shelves

Incepticon 07-15-2019 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riderman (Post 790603)

Wait, what? That set is currently hitting stores??

seancuthbertca 07-15-2019 01:00 PM

The conehead seeker Platinum eidtion set was at Walmart's a couple years ago. Maybe it's coming back too.

MapleMegatron 07-15-2019 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riderman (Post 790603)

Yeah, I mean that one. Comes out to pretty cheap per seeker (compared to what Starscream went for at first).

riderman 07-15-2019 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incepticon (Post 790696)
Wait, what? That set is currently hitting stores??

Quote:

Originally Posted by seancuthbertca (Post 790697)
The conehead seeker Platinum eidtion set was at Walmart's a couple years ago. Maybe it's coming back too.

Old stock that have been sitting at Walmart for quite some time. You can tell that from the wear and tear on the sides of the box. I wonder why they still use the wire guards? Don't they know it will damage the box, well it must cost a lot if they strap it up.

Incepticon 07-15-2019 10:11 PM

Ah damn. I missed that set the first time around. Was hoping for a do-over... especially for THAT price.

Thanks for clearing things up.

freakx2001 07-16-2019 10:23 AM

I would say the Seeker set is an online return that was put back on the shelf for some reason

Yonoid 07-16-2019 10:41 AM

I still see a few stores with those seeker sets shelfwarming since I started collecting

QuadESL63 07-16-2019 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seancuthbertca (Post 790697)

Just old stocks... there is one stuck in Markham Rd + Steeles E Walmart like forever... have been scanned at $70-80 still (yes, I checked once in a while). Hit under $30 I will grab it lol

Vakamadisk 07-16-2019 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seancuthbertca (Post 790612)
To me, Soundwave is worth it. Trailerless Prime? Not so much. I figure they'll charge $19 for the pairs of cassettes when they're released.

Just ran the UPCs for the cassettes through the system of the Wal-Mart I work at. Both 2-packs are $29.97 each.

FreakNasty 07-17-2019 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vakamadisk (Post 790851)
Just ran the UPCs for the cassettes through the system of the Wal-Mart I work at. Both 2-packs are $29.97 each.

OUCH!!!!!

seancuthbertca 07-17-2019 10:00 PM

$30 for a set of two? Is the price gouging Hasbro or Walmart? That's as bad as trailerless Prime for $70. I just wanted them to have a set that could be in robot/animal mode and have tight joints. My G1 originals are worn and have loose joints. But $60 for both sets is crazy. Maybe if I get a gift card or something.

blindsorcerer 07-18-2019 10:46 AM

I might have to get that just for the box ... hit the nostalgia cord pretty hard !

MULTIPLEX 07-18-2019 09:11 PM

What G1 cassette sets are you guys referring to and are they released yet?

seancuthbertca 07-18-2019 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX (Post 791138)
What G1 cassette sets are you guys referring to and are they released yet?

The 2-packs of Rumble/Frenzy with Ravage and Rumble/Frenzy with Laserbeak (not getting into the Rumble/Frenzy debate! LOL!)

Not released in Canada yet. Sounds like they're not in the US yet either.

Estimated Canadian price will be $29.97 for each 2-pack. US price looks like $19.97.

MULTIPLEX 07-18-2019 11:09 PM

Well Holy crap. I don't think these or Soundwave will last long enough to be on clearance. Many thanks for the explanation.

seancuthbertca 07-19-2019 06:21 PM

Agreed, that's why I'm keeping my eyes peeled on forums and checking Walmart's when I'm going in them.

They've been released to BC and Alberta Walmarts already. It's only a matter of time for them to reach Ontario.

OptimusB38 07-19-2019 06:42 PM

In on the cassettes

Vakamadisk 07-20-2019 12:46 PM

Cassettes are currently On-Order in the system of the Wal-Mart I work at. Both 2-packs show 12 units each planned to be shipped to us.

MethodicalMan 07-20-2019 02:12 PM

Can I ask you a huge favour to check any Ontario stores for sound wave, gears/warpath? I keep checking my local Ottawa stores and coming home empty handed. Thanks!!

QuadESL63 07-20-2019 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MethodicalMan (Post 791371)
Can I ask you a huge favour to check any Ontario stores for sound wave, gears/warpath? I keep checking my local Ottawa stores and coming home empty handed. Thanks!!

Gears & Warpath have been out in some GTA locations... I got mine last week. Haven’t seen Soundwave but there were zillions of reissues based on the same mold (not original G1 Soundwave) I already have a few lol and I still have an original w/ box so the nostalgia is lost on me. Tapes haven’t made it to stores so will have to wait.

Anything TakaraTomy Encore line have we will see them eventually I hope, just like the already released Walmart exclusives.

MethodicalMan 07-20-2019 02:44 PM

Any chance I can get the UPC’s to check stores? I don’t have a sound wave yet so looking forward to the pick up and the tapes!

DCompose 07-20-2019 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vakamadisk (Post 791357)
Cassettes are currently On-Order in the system of the Wal-Mart I work at. Both 2-packs show 12 units each planned to be shipped to us.

Do you happen to know the Price for either of the 2-Packs? (I'm assuming they're the same)