Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Best Cities in Canada (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=39025)

Nightscrabbler 03-20-2012 11:29 AM

Best Cities in Canada

Here's a ranking of best cities in Canada to live.

http://list.moneysense.ca/rankings/b...2=1&d1=a&sc1=0

Where's your city? Do you agree?

Mississauga is lower than I expected at 54, but it's a good place to be. However, it is an expensive city. I feel very fortunate to live in this country.

Robimus 03-20-2012 11:53 AM

Re: Best Cities in Canada

Probably not too many bad places to live iun Canada:p

I know Manitoba has been very economically sound during the past decade. The constant economic growth of Winnipeg in general(and likely Brandon as well) means I'm not surprised that both cities rank in the top 10 of this poll. Also things like housing and apartment rentals are very inexpensoive here compared with other parts of the country. Even our parking meters are cheap compared to other major cities.

Team Jetfire 03-20-2012 12:20 PM

Hmm. Calgary is very high on the list, as is many other Alberta cities. I guess so, but it really depends on what side of the coin you are on I suppose. If you have a good job and make good money, Calgary is decent, but if not... a very hard place to afford imo.

Also funny that Yellowknife has the most new cars.

STI 2NV 03-20-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team Jetfire (Post 418019)
Hmm. Calgary is very high on the list, as is many other Alberta cities. I guess so, but it really depends on what side of the coin you are on I suppose. If you have a good job and make good bits, Calgary is decent, but if not... a very hard place to afford imo.

Edmonton is the same way.

Darth Cylon 03-20-2012 01:08 PM

And BC keeps saying it's "The best place on earth". Some people do smoke too much green in BC...

Jeem 03-20-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team Jetfire (Post 418019)
Hmm. Calgary is very high on the list, as is many other Alberta cities. I guess so, but it really depends on what side of the coin you are on I suppose. If you have a good job and make good money, Calgary is decent, but if not... a very hard place to afford imo.

As a new home owner in Calgary, I can honestly feel that there is no bang for buck. Even though everyone tells me that I bought at a good time.

As a battle of Alberta thing, I am suprised that Edmonton is that much further ahead than Calgary. My mom is always afraid I'll get killed when I visit there.

racerguy76 03-20-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeem (Post 418047)
My mom is always afraid I'll get killed when I visit there.

Stay away from our toy stores and you'll be fine. :D

Commandoclone87 03-20-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeem (Post 418047)
As a new home owner in Calgary, I can honestly feel that there is no bang for buck. Even though everyone tells me that I bought at a good time.

As a battle of Alberta thing, I am suprised that Edmonton is that much further ahead than Calgary. My mom is always afraid I'll get killed when I visit there.

Try crossing the street here in Fredericton. It's like crossing a race track in the middle of a race. I've only lived here since Sept. and already I've been hit once and come close to getting squished every time I cross the street to go to school.

Pascal 03-20-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Cylon (Post 418033)
And BC keeps saying it's "The best place on earth". Some people do smoke too much green in BC...

It is, it's just that they forgot to put the word "expensive" somewhere in there. :)

Vain 03-20-2012 05:01 PM

bloody hell Montreal, you ranked 149!