Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Anyone Playing Pokemon Go? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=65160)

Watari 07-24-2016 05:05 AM

Anyone Playing Pokemon Go?

As per the title, was wondering if anyone is playing that game?

Autobotz24 07-25-2016 06:05 PM

Re: Anyone Playing Pokemon Go?

Oh hell yeah. I'm level 11 Team Instinct

Akroyer 07-25-2016 07:58 PM

Tried it for a couple days and that was enough. I havent really got into a Pokemon game since yellow.

Shepp 07-25-2016 09:17 PM

currently stuck at the first pokestop right at the start, it's just too far for my wifi to reach on my tablet. As is getting a Bulbasaur was just barely in range.

That and my tablet won't support orientation, so I can't see the pokemon in the environment, just on that map screen.

I suspect the novelty with wear off. I can't stand grinding for experience or pay to win "free" games.

I haven't played a pokemon game since Red/Blue/Yellow/Green on an emulator.

Team Jetfire 07-26-2016 10:09 AM

I have it and while it is certianlly fun, there are some major drawbacks that make it frustrating for me to play.

I do love to see how a simple video game can have such a global impact though.

jjwankenobi 07-26-2016 03:14 PM

Not me.

That fucker I nearly hit yesterday during my bicycle commute from work to home sure was.

Dude was standing in the curbside bike lane trying to catch something in the middle of the road. Rang my bell a handful of times until I yelled at him to look out.

I appreciate that it gets people outside and moving, but some hands free "Go Goggles" with some kind of proximity sensors might have been a better idea than kids/adults wandering around oblivious to all but their handheld screens. People are absorbed enough with their mobile devices and that puts more than just them in danger.

End rant.

Metroplex79 07-26-2016 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjwankenobi (Post 701680)
Not me.

That fucker I nearly hit yesterday during my bicycle commute from work to home sure was.

Dude was standing in the curbside bike lane trying to catch something in the middle of the road. Rang my bell a handful of times until I yelled at him to look out.

I appreciate that it gets people outside and moving, but some hands free "Go Goggles" with some kind of proximity sensors might have been a better idea than kids/adults wandering around oblivious to all but their handheld screens. People are absorbed enough with their mobile devices and that puts more than just them in danger.

End rant.

Run 'em over.

Or get close enough to give them a jump scare.

As Don Cherry used to say: Transform...I mean, KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!!!

Rev 07-26-2016 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shepp (Post 701580)
currently stuck at the first pokestop right at the start, it's just too far for my wifi to reach on my tablet. As is getting a Bulbasaur was just barely in range.

That and my tablet won't support orientation, so I can't see the pokemon in the environment, just on that map screen.

I suspect the novelty with wear off. I can't stand grinding for experience or pay to win "free" games.

I haven't played a pokemon game since Red/Blue/Yellow/Green on an emulator.

You have to use a cell mobile device for this game. It takes 2km to hatch the smallest egg. That would be a lot of laps around your yard.

Pascal 07-27-2016 12:41 AM

I only play Scrabble.

protoform_ironhide 07-27-2016 03:15 AM

I do, it's more fun than Transformers' Earth War, that's for sure.