Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   TFcon Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Tips and Tricks for First time TFCon Attendees (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=54259)

Oberon Prime 07-02-2014 05:29 PM

Tips and Tricks for First time TFCon Attendees

Hello All,

I think the subject explains it quite well. This year will be my first time being able to attend TFCon. And in fact my first time attending any Con. I am looking for suggestions, tips and tricks that may help me make the most of the experience and a limited shopping budget.

Ask yourself this what have you learned over the years that you wish you had known the first time you went? Those are the sort of things I'm looking for.

I imagine their will be others browsing this board who will also benefit from the answers but apologies in advance if this only really benefits me rather than the broader community.

down_shift 07-02-2014 05:32 PM

Re: Tips and Tricks for First time TFCon Attendees

Bring money

CobraCommander 07-02-2014 05:33 PM

Read up on the schedule before hand and plan where and what you want to see. Be sure to give yourself a break, cause there is a lot of standing around in the dealer room and waiting for signatures. Most importantly have fun!

Masta_Skidz 07-02-2014 05:46 PM

if you see something that is a great price but are not 100% but still want it buy it as it will be gone the next pass through trust me on this.......:banghead::doh:

and like d/s said bring money if you can ATM in the hotel runs out quickly or has the past few years

Tonestar 07-02-2014 05:51 PM

Wear comfortable clothes and shoes, bring bottled water and give yourself lots of time to see everything so you're not rushing. You don't want to miss something you may have been looking for or something you never thought you'd see for sale.

chans formers 07-02-2014 05:55 PM

be yourself.
like others said,bring cash as the atm runs out quick.
take a shower(previous years,some guys don't and you can truly tell who didn't;p)
don't play with your bots during panels/script readings/etc.

have fun and enjoy the gathering of those like minded like you:canada:

General Tekno 07-02-2014 06:10 PM

Get out to the hotel bar after-hours and meet some people. It's where the convention relocates to in the evening.

brr-icy 07-02-2014 06:58 PM

relax, have fun. Bring your money in cash like stated above. Make plans to meet up with the people you chat with regularly.

Oberon Prime 07-02-2014 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masta_Skidz (Post 584981)
if you see something that is a great price but are not 100% but still want it buy it as it will be gone the next pass through trust me on this.......:banghead::doh:

This is the part I'm having the most trouble with.

I have had some tell me not to buy it the first place I find it at a good or acceptable price as a few tables over will have it for an even better price.

But their no way to know if that is the case and seems like a tremendous risk to leave it behind on the chance I find it again at all much less at a better price. But my budget is altogether small enough that spending even $10 more isn't an option. I don't have enough for everything I want. But I don't expect to find everything on my list at an acceptable price and its very hard to prioritize any one item over all others

Knockout 07-02-2014 07:22 PM

Be respectful of others and situation aware as at times it can get quite congested, especially in the hallway.