Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hasbro eliminating plastic packaging. Are MISB displays dead!? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=77485)

Zenith27 09-04-2019 01:13 PM

Hasbro eliminating plastic packaging. Are MISB displays dead!?

MapleMegatron 09-04-2019 07:09 PM

Re: Hasbro eliminating plastic packaging. Are MISB displays dead!?

The most expensive transformers collectibles (mps and titans) have been in windowless boxes for years so I dont think it matters.

Grimlock4Prime 09-04-2019 07:13 PM

I definitely have a few things in box/on card that I wouldn't if I couldn't see the item. But at the end of the day, I'd rather eliminate the plastic.

galaxize 09-04-2019 08:05 PM

Maybe we'll get glass windows instead of plastic!

Sun Swipe Prime 09-04-2019 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galaxize (Post 795512)

Transparent aluminum?

Hoffman 09-04-2019 08:55 PM

There are lots of plant-based plastic alternatives that they can use. I believe in some of the articles they talk about using bioplastics.

RNSrobot 09-04-2019 09:33 PM

I'm curious what things will look like. I can't imagine the nicer retail toys like studio series doing the kind of "ope " style of the cyberverse stuff. I'm also leery of no ability to see the toys which they seem to acknowledge. Be interesting!

Yonoid 09-04-2019 09:44 PM

I would be worried I'd be buying someone's returned item with an action figure in it.

On some of the figures I have been on the fence. Seeing them in person has swayed my decision a few times. Hard to do that with box art

RNSrobot 09-04-2019 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yonoid (Post 795522)
I would be worried I'd be buying someone's returned item with an action figure in it.

On some of the figures I have been on the fence. Seeing them in person has swayed my decision a few times. Hard to do that with box art

Yes. There have been quite a few toys that, when I finally saw them in real life,even in the package, looked much better than the stock photos and toyfair photos. A few that looked worse. It definitely makes an impact.

Zenith27 09-04-2019 10:27 PM

I personally like to check the paint apps while the bots are in box. I also look for R/L hands and other more obvious things like missing heads etc. I sure hope if they don't let you see what you're buying that they bump the QC up a bit overall.

imfallenangel 09-04-2019 11:16 PM

hmm.. I tend to open stuff to verify the content at the cash or service desk or such, as while having a staff with me to make sure that I'm not doing anything "bad", so it is done in an appropriate and respectful way so that the staff can re-close it should I decide to not take it.

Is this somehow sorcery?

And the whole MISB thing.. meh, very few items really gather value as the productions numbers is so high that few really hit that "true collector's item".. so MISB to me is not really worth more than a very small difference in price as I'll probably end up taking it out of the package anyways. Sure, it's nice to have a new toy, but an unsealed, used, displayed version isn't a deal breaker at all if the figure is in decent shape and with it's accessories (or not) that is balanced by the price.

Xtreme987 09-04-2019 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galaxize (Post 795512)

Force Field Packaging like this LoL ;)

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...s7BkwaZM-Aahgg

imfallenangel 09-04-2019 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xtreme987 (Post 795528)
Force Field Packaging like this LoL ;)

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...s7BkwaZM-Aahgg

:rofl:

You made me think of sealed in quartz crystal or something like that.. clear epoxy maybe?

RNSrobot 09-04-2019 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imfallenangel (Post 795529)
:rofl:

You made me think of sealed in quartz crystal or something like that.. clear epoxy maybe?

Cubic Zirconium.