Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   International Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   TakaraTomy Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Megatron Price and Release Date Revealed (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=73017)

Super_Megatron 07-03-2018 02:40 AM

TakaraTomy Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Megatron Price and Release Date Revealed

http://news.tfw2005.com/wp-content/u...n-Adjusted.jpg

Thanks again to Hong Kong based retailer Loopaza Mega Store’s Facebook page, we received information on the highly anticipated release of the next Beast Wars Masterpiece figure, MP-43 Beast Megatron. According to information from the post, Beast Megatron is scheduled to be released in January 2019, with a retail price of 35,000 Yen (approximately 315.00 USD per current conversion rate). This release edge out MP-41 Dinobot’s 30,240 Yen retail price to become the highest price Masterpiece figure to date; however, it will be the largest Masterpiece figure scheduled for release as well. Along with Beast Megatron, it appears we » Continue Reading.

The post TakaraTomy Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Megatron Price and Release Date Revealed appeared first on Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM.

More...

Blurrz 07-03-2018 02:55 AM

Re: TakaraTomy Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Megatron Price and Release Date Revealed

Oh boy. RIP wallet, but so worth.

The7thParallel 07-03-2018 07:33 AM

I love it, but TT are just greedy now. This is not reflective of costs at all. I don’t blame them if this is what people are foolish enough to pay.

oroboru 07-03-2018 07:33 AM

What a glorious time to not be a Beast fan.

oroboru 07-03-2018 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The7thParallel (Post 764109)
I love it, but TT are just greedy now. This is not reflective of costs at all. I don’t blame them if this is what people are foolish enough to pay.

I think it's a bit early to tell if this is reflective of costs... I mean, Megatron 2.0 was pretty damn expensive (actually, all the MPs are) but there was some pretty impressive engineering there, so there was justification for increased costs.

I'm also curious as to how big the final product will be.. of course, sadly, the entire Beast line is out of sync with MP 10, which was the kind of the original point.

Price point, however, is stupidly hight.

Pascal 07-03-2018 08:10 AM

Ta... bar... nak...

Whisky Tango Foxtrot 07-03-2018 08:30 AM

Looks like I'll be sticking with my Deluxe Cybertron Megatron for a while longer.

I've also got the small Telemocha Megatron, but it kinda sucks. Really show-accurate, but annoying to transform.

The7thParallel 07-03-2018 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oroboru (Post 764113)
I think it's a bit early to tell if this is reflective of costs... I mean, Megatron 2.0 was pretty damn expensive (actually, all the MPs are) but there was some pretty impressive engineering there, so there was justification for increased costs.

I'm also curious as to how big the final product will be.. of course, sadly, the entire Beast line is out of sync with MP 10, which was the kind of the original point.

Price point, however, is stupidly hight.

I just meant the cost of oil is much cheaper than it has been. Certainly parts, paint, electronics, and other things would drive up the price. If they can do MPM Optimus from 100 US, though, I see no realistic reason why this couldn't be $150 US tops and still be profitable. $300 is just insane (and yes, I know that places like AE will have a discount).

wervenom 07-03-2018 09:24 AM

Sorry nope not happening at that price for me

GotBot 07-03-2018 09:31 AM

I figured he would be higher than Dinobot in cost and tip the scale at 300 US, this is even a bit more ambitious than that. He is impressive, no doubt and I get certain costs, but let's be honest, the biggest "cost" here is anticipated market demand. Fans have clamored for this guy for years now and we finally have him...now all one needs do is pay a bounty worthy of Lockdown.