Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Masterpiece Fortress Maximus? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47695)

FEZaid 06-16-2013 03:59 PM

Masterpiece Fortress Maximus?

What are the chances of a MP Fort Max to be created?
Its.....really difficult for me to see it happen, maybe not now but in the far future. Imagine the scale of the figure, tall as a adult human, 5-6 feet? And the price of it could be the most expensive Transformer ever made. Unless Takara is just teasing us :P

What do you think?

CBII 06-16-2013 04:06 PM

Re: Masterpiece Fortress Maximus?

I think protomans rant about this on twitter sums it up best.

Personally I think it's a retarded idea.

My guess is that Takara already has a Fort Max being planned or in concept, based off of the new Metroplex figure. Likely with some remolds. But that's just a guess.

Shepp 06-16-2013 05:06 PM

I don't think the market would support a MP Fortress Maximus. That's be a really poor manufacturing and marketing decision.

To do it justice, it would either be way too big, or way too small.

I mean, TakaraTomy and Hasbro could potentially do a Marvel comic version, since that was sanely scaled.

But it'd be smaller than the real Fort Max, and useless as a base-former.

I could see them re-engineer the current Fort Max with better joint articulation, and better sculpt detailing, but then why reissue the original if they were just going to do that?

Chances are we'll see a Metrotitan, Fort Max, Brave Max, and Grand Max (and hopefully a true FOC torso version someday) redeco/resculpt of Metroplex, and that's all we'll get.

Personally, I'd rather see the rest of G1 based on real vehicles, like an enhanced Alternators line.

ConvoyGTR 06-16-2013 06:40 PM

There's so many other things on the short list to be made into a MP before we get to Fort Max.

Undrave 06-16-2013 06:58 PM

they could always make Masterpiece Fortress (the head) that would be compatible with the originl Fortress Maximus! So you could have your giant brick but with an articulated head :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shepp (Post 514079)

Chances are we'll see a Metrotitan, Fort Max, Brave Max, and Grand Max (and hopefully a true FOC torso version someday) redeco/resculpt of Metroplex, and that's all we'll get.

Personally, I'd rather see the rest of G1 based on real vehicles, like an enhanced Alternators line.

Didn't Takara release one of the giant movie Bumblebee under the 'masterpiece' header? Maybe they'll do the same with a retool of the Titan Metroplex with more paint apps than a regular release.

Protoman 06-16-2013 07:21 PM

CBII 06-16-2013 07:34 PM

^^^:rofl:

Undrave 06-16-2013 08:34 PM

I just hope those Japanese fans who will get to vote will do the right thing and not vote for Fortress Maximus ><

Grimtron 06-16-2013 08:55 PM

There's a good chance they won't, since you got a bunch of fan favorite optimus prime as well

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undrave (Post 514105)
I just hope those Japanese fans who will get to vote will do the right thing and not vote for Fortress Maximus ><

Stapler 06-16-2013 09:53 PM

IF an MP Fort Max were to happen I can't see it being more than a modern update the same size as the original. Like mentioned earlier, it could end up being another titan class figure with tons of paint apps and such.

I admit that there would be some good repaint potential with an "MP" Fort Max, though. Grand Max and Brave max combined with Metroplex would make for an amazing cityscape display. :P