Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Siege Red Wing: Any news on a Canadian release? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=77827)

The Nemesis 10-07-2019 09:53 PM

Siege Red Wing: Any news on a Canadian release? (UPDATE: Now for sale online by TRU)

I've seen multiple reports that Red Wing will be available here in Canada at some point, but those reports have conflicted about whether it'd be sold through Toys R Us or EB Games.

So I'm wondering what, if anything, the most recent news is. I don't want to have to figure out a way to get one from a Target (given that the closest one is HOURS away from me and I can't exactly easily secure a Red Card), but I also don't want to hold out hope for a Canadian release only to be left with nothing once Target is out of stock.

EDIT: it's March 14 and for the past week or so we've now seen that Toys R Us is offering Red Wing as an exclusive through their website. Some people continue to have issues with TRU and their online purchases with wonky in/out of stock listings or cancelled orders, but for now at least it seems the dream is alive!

The 12th Prime 10-07-2019 11:13 PM

Re: Siege Red Wing: Any news on a Canadian release?

I don’t know of anything, but I’m with you on wanting to know who will have it here. It should be marketed as a Canadian transformer for it’s red and little bit of white colour scheme. Generations Selects could do a Canadian Slag too. Release these things on Canada Day or something.

The Nemesis 10-08-2019 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 12th Prime (Post 798292)
I don’t know of anything, but I’m with you on wanting to know who will have it here. It should be marketed as a Canadian transformer for it’s red and little bit of white colour scheme. Generations Selects could do a Canadian Slag too. Release these things on Canada Day or something.

I'm paranoid about missing out if it's an EB release. I only lucked into being able to pre-order Ratchet and was too late to secure pre-orders on Ectotron, Smokescreen, or Nightbird. If it ends up at EB I fear that the news won't make the rounds before limited store pre-order allotments or web inventory are snapped up. And if it's another month or two then whatever's left in stock for Target will be gone by then too (not that I could buy it because of the stupid loyalty card restrictions.

canprime 10-08-2019 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Nemesis (Post 798307)
I'm paranoid about missing out if it's an EB release. I only lucked into being able to pre-order Ratchet and was too late to secure pre-orders on Ectotron, Smokescreen, or Nightbird. If it ends up at EB I fear that the news won't make the rounds before limited store pre-order allotments or web inventory are snapped up. And if it's another month or two then whatever's left in stock for Target will be gone by then too (not that I could buy it because of the stupid loyalty card restrictions.

I don't know what it is like in your area, but Ectotron, Ratchet and Nightbird have all been available on the shelf in my area (Ottawa). I didn't have to pre-order any of them. I picked up Nightbird last week while shopping for SW figs.

I will give EB credit, lately there have been few exclusives that didn't make it to the shelves.

evenstaves 10-08-2019 08:22 AM

Quote:

was too late to secure pre-orders on Nightbird.

Nightbird up on TRU.ca

https://www.toysrus.ca/en/Transforme.../BDCC6434.html

imfallenangel 10-08-2019 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canprime (Post 798312)
I don't know what it is like in your area, but Ectotron, Ratchet and Nightbird have all been available on the shelf in my area (Ottawa). I didn't have to pre-order any of them. I picked up Nightbird last week while shopping for SW figs.

I will give EB credit, lately there have been few exclusives that didn't make it to the shelves.

Which EB games are you going to? I've never seen an Octotron once, Ratchets yes (and got him twice..opps), but most other figures in the last year have been extremely rare and I spotted a few (and bought them, never to be seen again in any EB games I've been) or not seen them at all (until they -the non exclusives - eventually made their way to Walmart/TrU).

The Transformers tend to be very slim pickings in all the EB games I've been at.

I tend to go to the ones on the Gatineau side, Trainyard, Merivale, and a few others when I'm in the neighborhood.

canprime 10-08-2019 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imfallenangel (Post 798337)
Which EB games are you going to? I've never seen an Octotron once, Ratchets yes (and got him twice..opps), but most other figures in the last year have been extremely rare and I spotted a few (and bought them, never to be seen again in any EB games I've been) or not seen them at all (until they -the non exclusives - eventually made their way to Walmart/TrU).

The Transformers tend to be very slim pickings in all the EB games I've been at.

I tend to go to the ones on the Gatineau side, Trainyard, Merivale, and a few others when I'm in the neighborhood.

I found Ectotron at Bayshore and Merivale. Bayshore seems to be a great location considering it is in a mall. Usually the finds come after the initial release when stores get more stock after selling pre-orders.

I tend to use the website and search store availability to see where something is in stock. Sometimes I just get lucky I guess.

The Nemesis 10-08-2019 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canprime (Post 798312)

I spoke with every EB in a reasonable radius from me and all of them only had enough of the special release figures to cover their pre-orders. The best I would've been able to hope for was that someone didn't pick up their order.

All of them now are also listed as web-only on the website, with no store stock indicator. Nightbird is in stock on there, but I already ordered one from TFSource and if I cancel it I'll no longer have enough stuff in my stack to qualify for free shipping.

Akroyer 10-08-2019 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Nemesis (Post 798352)
I spoke with every EB in a reasonable radius from me and all of them only had enough of the special release figures to cover their pre-orders. The best I would've been able to hope for was that someone didn't pick up their order.

Same thing here, if its not pre-ordered 99% of the time they dont get it. And then only enough to cover the orders. They had 1 Nightbird and a Ratchet that I can only assume were not picked up. Ectotron was nowhere to be seen.

I put an order in for Hotshot, and they had none scheduled for the store.

RNSrobot 10-08-2019 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Nemesis (Post 798352)

All of them now are also listed as web-only on the website, with no store stock indicator. Nightbird is in stock on there, but I already ordered one from TFSource and if I cancel it I'll no longer have enough stuff in my stack to qualify for free shipping.

*shrugs* in Edmonton, Siege Ratchet has been plentiful. We'll see about the other figs.

MapleMegatron 10-11-2019 09:07 AM

Quote:

I'm paranoid about missing out if it's an EB release.

The only true EB release this year is Ratchet. Every other Generations Select toy is not exclusive to them. For instance, I just bought Nightbird and Zetar from TRU.ca. Free shipping plus I will get some money back friday since both toys are on sale.
So that's where I would shop for nightbird.

As for Redwing, all we know is that if it comes to canada, it wont be an eb exclusive. So probably TRU, like the other Target exclusives we got. If it comes.

VicRav 10-11-2019 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MapleMegatron (Post 798590)
For instance, I just bought Nightbird and Zetar from TRU.ca. Free shipping plus I will get some money back today since both toys are on sale.

Online these are showing full price. Did you call and get a price adjustment?

RocketGTR 10-11-2019 11:30 AM

Quote:

The only true EB release this year is Ratchet. Every other Generations Select toy is not exclusive to them. For instance, I just bought Nightbird and Zetar from TRU.ca. Free shipping plus I will get some money back today since both toys are on sale.

Smokescreen is also an EB exclusive isn't he? I know when I picked up mine yesterday, they said they only got enough for pre-orders and no extras. He also comes in the not display shelf friendly brown box. hehe

Pascal 10-11-2019 11:37 AM

Poor availability is also an EB Games exclusive.

RocketGTR 10-11-2019 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 798602)

:rofl:

Grayfox 10-11-2019 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 798602)

Poor availability is far from being exclusive to EB Games, sadly.

MapleMegatron 10-11-2019 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RocketGTR (Post 798601)
Smokescreen is also an EB exclusive isn't he?

No, hence why they dont have anymore than what was preordered. Ratchet is their only exclusive.

And Vicrav, I didnt have a chance to go to TRU today to get money back for the selects releases so I don't know. But i usually do it in stores.

QuadESL63 10-11-2019 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grayfox (Post 798625)
Poor availability is far from being exclusive to EB Games, sadly.

This!

The Nemesis 10-11-2019 10:30 PM

Quote:

The only true EB release this year is Ratchet. Every other Generations Select toy is not exclusive to them. For instance, I just bought Nightbird and Zetar from TRU.ca. Free shipping plus I will get some money back friday since both toys are on sale.

As for Redwing, all we know is that if it comes to canada, it wont be an eb exclusive. So probably TRU, like the other Target exclusives we got. If it comes.

I've got a Nightbird from TFSource in my stack, just waiting on some other stuff to come into stock so I can qualify for free shipping. Mostly it was stuff that was either unannounced here or having issues with availability at the time I ordered (Jetfire, the Refraktor 3-pack, Smokescreen, Nightbird, Lancer). Aside from Lancer it does seem like I can get most of it here, especially at TRU, but if I start cancelling stuff I'll drop below the free shipping threshold. So I'm content to wait for the last couple things to come into stock on their site and pick it all up at the end of this month or early November.

It's just Red Wing that's a question mark for me right now.

RocketGTR 10-11-2019 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MapleMegatron (Post 798631)
No, hence why they dont have anymore than what was preordered. Ratchet is their only exclusive.

Interesting, from what I had gathered, because he was under the Generations Selects line, then it would be exclusive:

Quote:

Announced in late 2018, Generations Selects is a mail-order series sold exclusively through online retailers, intersecting multiple thematic sublines of Generations. The line consists of "special edition" redecoes and retools of Generations figures, packaged in brown cardboard mailer boxes with no mark up. Initially comprising toys initiated by Hasbro, the line-up also began to include figures initiated by TakaraTomy in early 2019... which will apparently also be officially available through Hasbro Pulse at the very least.
https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformers:_Generations

Also this article seemed to suggest EB would have it only

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...k-in-uk/43363/

But if not an exclusive, then great! Cuz he's a great figure.

MapleMegatron 10-12-2019 12:39 AM

What you quoted does not state any retailer exclusivity, you may have misread it. It clearly states that many retailers can/will carry the line.
And the article doesnt say its an eb exclusive.

But we already have the evidence anyway, you can buy this toy from other places in Canada, like ages 3 and up, and its been that case for months. I dont really get the surprise here.

imfallenangel 10-12-2019 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RocketGTR (Post 798662)
Interesting, from what I had gathered, because he was under the Generations Selects line, then it would be exclusive:

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformers:_Generations

Also this article seemed to suggest EB would have it only

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...k-in-uk/43363/

But if not an exclusive, then great! Cuz he's a great figure.

As far as I knew, I believed him to be an EB games exclusive too, but also aware that it may not be the first time that an exclusive ends up showing up elsewhere... heck, some might have made a deal with EBgames for all we know..

Does it matter? nah, I did my pre-order, received it, and it's all good for me....

If some people are getting their knickers in a bunch over it, I wouldn't bother, most times such people are wrong about what they go on about anyways, if only to have been so rude about it.

Personally, Red wing isn't one I care for much, the only repaint of the seekers I would have gotten, would be Skywarp, but I didn't want to go the Amazon route for him, and more than that, I hate that he comes in a "special set" only with targetmasters that I don't care for, so as much as I'd like to get him, the price tag just didn't work for me. At least if at TrU, the 20% sales would have brought him to a more acceptable price range.

MapleMegatron 10-12-2019 07:55 PM

TRU now has a listing for yet another generations sekects toy, hot shot.
https://www.toysrus.ca/en/Transforme.../630EE9DF.html
Really hoping that means they get the others like Smokescreen and Redwing.

The Nemesis 10-12-2019 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MapleMegatron (Post 798731)
TRU now has a listing for yet another generations sekects toy, hot shot.
https://www.toysrus.ca/en/Transforme.../630EE9DF.html
Really hoping that means they get the others like Smokescreen and Redwing.

I will take that as a good sign for Red Wing showing up there sooner or later.

Hot Shot doesn't do it for me, but this is nothing but a positive.

The Nemesis 10-30-2019 02:27 PM

TFSource's newsletter/flyer this morning indicates it will be selling red wing starting next month. So maybe there's hope for a run appearing through a Canadian retailer soon.

https://tfsource.com/hasbro-transfor...ing-exclusive/

The downside to TFSource and why I won't get from them is that their listed price is $55 us. Ouch

imfallenangel 11-25-2019 12:51 AM

So still no sign of Redwing...?

ngnaw 11-25-2019 08:51 AM

I personally don't think were getting it. It's cause I jinxed it and bought it from China for $50... lol!

I haven't seen Thundercracker at TRU yet so hopefully that comes in. Siege is almost done ALREADY!

imfallenangel 11-25-2019 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ngnaw (Post 801375)
I personally don't think were getting it. It's cause I jinxed it and bought it from China for $50... lol!

I haven't seen Thundercracker at TRU yet so hopefully that comes in. Siege is almost done ALREADY!

Many have reported seeing Thundercracker at their TrU in the last week along with various others such as Astrotrain, which I've yet to see, but don't plan to go to TrU until a future sale.

I ended up ordering Thudercracker via Walmart.ca as it was at a lower price anyways and after I spent/wasted a day hunting him and never finding him, I kinda just admitted defeat.

theoneyouknowleast 11-25-2019 10:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Aliexpress is advertising a Black Friday sale, and Hasbro has a Offical Toy Shop on there.

Sale Price looks to be $44CDN, shouldn't have any taxes or duties on it. Probably some coupons during the sale to knock the price down a little more.

Might be a good option for some.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...6a683959YNesh4

Autovolt 127 11-25-2019 11:23 AM

I'll just have to pick one up at TFCon next summer at this rate.

Magnus 11-25-2019 11:28 AM

I've seen Thundercracker at the local TRU, but no sign of Red Wing in stores.

Shockwave 75 11-25-2019 12:06 PM

I've been wondering about Red Wing too, I'll probably just get on off eBay.

I just got Thundercracker off Amazon.ca, and TFToys.ca also has Nightbird for the same price as TRU if you'd rather support a small Canadian business.

https://www.tftoys.ca/products/hasbr...lect-nightbird

chrislopa 11-25-2019 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theoneyouknowleast (Post 801381)
Aliexpress is advertising a Black Friday sale, and Hasbro has a Offical Toy Shop on there.

Sale Price looks to be $44CDN, shouldn't have any taxes or duties on it. Probably some coupons during the sale to knock the price down a little more.

Might be a good option for some.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...6a683959YNesh4

but are these guys originals?

riderman 11-25-2019 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrislopa (Post 801391)
but are these guys originals?

That smirk on Red Wing's face makes me wonder that too! That face makes me worry if it will fall apart once I open the cheap brown paper cardboard box

Tonestar 11-25-2019 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riderman (Post 801393)
That smirk on Red Wing's face makes me wonder that too! That face makes me worry if it will fall apart once I open the cheap brown paper cardboard box

I got my Redwing a few months ago and it's as good a quality as the other Tetra Seekers I have. It just sucks that no other Canadian Retailer picked it up.

riderman 11-25-2019 03:04 PM

Quote:

I have been waiting for Red Wing too but now I'm wondering if I should wait for the new Earth Rise Starscream instead? It seems so redundant to me after they released Thundercracker and the Rainmakers. I might pick him up if I can get my hands on him! I missed out on Smokescreen and Nightbird but was able to pre-order the Ectotron and found Ratchet because he is so abundant everywhere I went even last week. I was planning to give up Ectotron but a forum member from this site persuaded me to keep him and told me I can always sell him or return him if I don't like him anymore. Luckily I listened and now I have a hard to find piece in my collection.

riderman 11-25-2019 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonestar (Post 801396)
I got my Redwing a few months ago and it's as good a quality as the other Tetra Seekers I have. It just sucks that no other Canadian Retailer picked it up.

Where did you get yours Tonestar? Also I hope Canadian retailers will get Red Wing but because of Thundercracker and the Rainmakers not selling too well it could be why it's so hard to obtain Red Wing at this time.

Tonestar 11-25-2019 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riderman (Post 801398)
Where did you get yours Tonestar? Also I hope Canadian retailers will get Red Wing but because of Thundercracker and the Rainmakers not selling too well it could be why it's so hard to obtain Red Wing at this time.

I asked my sister to order him from Target.com because she has their RedCard and I wasn't sure if Redwing would be available anywhere else.

wervenom 11-25-2019 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonestar (Post 801399)
I asked my sister to order him from Target.com because she has their RedCard and I wasn't sure if Redwing would be available anywhere else.

Was he online exclusive or did it shop up in stores as well? If you happen to know, if not no worries

Tonestar 11-25-2019 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wervenom (Post 801401)
Was he online exclusive or did it shop up in stores as well? If you happen to know, if not no worries

He is an Online Exclusive and you need their RedCard to order him which makes him even harder for we Canadians to get. He's still available on their site. I check every now and then to see if he's sold out and so far not yet.