Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Customer Service PROBLEMS at Toysrus.ca - Ignoring Lost Items - Advice?? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=71335)

MilanX3 01-12-2018 12:44 PM

Customer Service PROBLEMS at Toysrus.ca - Ignoring Lost Items - Advice??

Hi Gang,

Has anyone ever had immensely bad service from TRU.ca with continued problems before, and knows where to go to contact a company complaints department or upper management in Canada to speak with?

I wont go into details, but with my xmas orders it seems like no f*cks were given, and problems are being compounded on top of compounded....might have lost all the TFs I ordered, most of the PofP Wave, and my money possibly...and no one from TRU is responding to help in a time sensitive situation.

Now with online order, receipts were missing...and no response and silence from their Customer Service supervisors.

Formal complaints requested...silence from them for over a week.

Anyone else have major issues with their service before from their online team?

Any help is much appreciated!
MilanX3

one suggestion so far...
*I had a bad experience at "The Brick" so I filed a complaint with BBB - www.bbb.org

Worked out pretty good in the end. Don't know if TRU has an actual complaints department tho. Good luck.*

Pascal 01-12-2018 01:10 PM

Re: Customer Service PROBLEMS at Toysrus.ca - Ignoring Lost Items - Advice??

You'll have to better explain your problem.

RNSrobot 01-12-2018 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 750912)

I'm not even sure what I just read. :confused:

MilanX3 01-12-2018 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 750912)

The short version, as I am seeking direction mostly on who to contact, not so much to pull people into the issue directly...but if others think the details might help I'd be happy to discuss it with them.

So they got my address wrong, did nothing to fix it, sent it via the wrong method...the courier was going to dump my products as TRU changed my address to the wrong one again so I couldnt even pick up, despite having to take time off work to fix the issue they created after almost two weeks of the same problem. They ignored all the issues for a week while my items were at the point of being trashed, still ignored it, and when the courier opened parcels to find the right address, they didnt put receipt or invoice in so no way to prove id or even return the items....still ignored any help after more than a week on time sensitive issues...all after requests were made for help from svp, management and formal complaints process request. Still never heard from them since the 4th of Jan.

So no resolution as no communication on a time sensitive issue on error wholly created by them...one that goes against their published policy on shipping. Small attempts at resolution made more complex by them f'ing up address again and again, and no receipt for order so could not prove real address.

I'm surprised how bad their service has been. I really dislike and avoid the act of whinging, and actually work in solving more complicated problems...but thought some community help and information on this issue for future members might be worth publishing.

Not too impressed by a company trying to avoid further issues with bankruptcy...unfortunately in Canada there are not that many options to buy those products.

I also wish to note, the initial staff member was very helpful in moving the process forward, but no responses were given to her escalating the matter. Also store staff in the GTA are usually really great, nice people indeed. Always be courteous and never directly insult anyone...but TRU.ca is really rubbish.

Thanks for your concern...
MilanX3

Pascal 01-12-2018 02:02 PM

Wrong shipping method? And how come they had the wrong address if you had the chance to review it like twice before submitting your order? I'm not sure I understand.

MilanX3 01-12-2018 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 750916)
Wrong shipping method? And how come they had the wrong address if you had the chance to review it like twice before submitting your order? I'm not sure I understand.

I have a POBOX due to where I live...their published policy is to send items that have POBOX or RR# via Canada Post only. Couriers will not drop off items at a POBOX or CanadaPost as they cant collect fees that way. After discussing it with them after they send the first parcel to Purolator, they still sent the next two using the wrong method, did nothing to fix it, just messed up the address even further. Trust me, I made it exceptionally clear what the right address was perhaps 12 times.

theoneyouknowleast 01-12-2018 02:07 PM

I guess my question is, what do you want the final outcome to be?

If its just your money back, im sure you can call your Credit Card company and request a chargeback, very easy to request.

Otherwise I think the BBB, or escalating at TRU HQ are your only other options I would think.

MilanX3 01-12-2018 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theoneyouknowleast (Post 750918)
I guess my question is, what do you want the final outcome to be?

If its just your money back, im sure you can call you CC.

Other BBB, or escalating at TRU HQ are your only other options I think.

Sale items, only place to get them now is TRU, plus other non TF stuff I got at a good price and need for family. Well aware of the Visa Resolutions centre being able to help, but would have to go through a full investigation if TRU didnt get their product back either and put tracking to my correct addy but wasnt delivered. Complicated info on tracking would make a Visa claim quite complex, but ultimately likely successful. BBB looks like a a fine option, only option, TRU HQ not responding hence the problems.

Hoffman 01-12-2018 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilanX3 (Post 750919)
Sale items, only place to get them now is TRU, plus other non TF stuff I got at a good price and need for family. Well aware of the Visa Resolutions centre being able to help, but would have to go through a full investigation if TRU didnt get their product back either and put tracking to my correct addy but wasnt delivered. Complicated info on tracking would make a Visa claim quite complex, but ultimately likely successful. BBB looks like a a fine option, only option, TRU HQ not responding hence the problems.

Usually with a chargeback, it is the burden of the company to provide proof.

I had a customer place two separate orders a few weeks apart, yet for some reason they filed a chargeback as a 'fraudulent charge' on the second order. It seemed pretty clear to me that they were just scamming for a refund on those goods. I provided all the info to the CC company and still lost.

If you have a legitimate issue I can't see how you wouldn't win in a chargeback dispute.

Hoffman 01-12-2018 10:15 PM

I also don't quite understand this part:

"while my items were at the point of being trashed, still ignored it, and when the courier opened parcels to find the right address, they didnt put receipt or invoice in so no way to prove id or even return the items..."

Why would the items be trashed? Why would the courier open the package? How do you know there was no invoice if you never got the stuff?

I'm sure you have a legitimate issue, but you need to provide a much clearer timeline of events. If this is the way you're expressing your concerns, the people at TRU are probably just as confused as the people here.

mcmus 01-12-2018 10:47 PM

I thought you can get a copy of the online order receipt on TRU site under the order history section or from the order/shipped emails.

Digibasherx 01-12-2018 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilanX3 (Post 750915)

So they got my address wrong, did nothing to fix it, sent it via the wrong method...the courier was going to dump my products as TRU changed my address to the wrong one again so I couldnt even pick up, despite having to take time off work to fix the issue they created after almost two weeks of the same problem. They ignored all the issues for a week while my items were at the point of being trashed, still ignored it, and when the courier opened parcels to find the right address, they didnt put receipt or invoice in so no way to prove id or even return the items....still ignored any help after more than a week on time sensitive issues...all after requests were made for help from svp, management and formal complaints process request. Still never heard from them since the 4th of Jan.

I recently had some issues (but I'm guessing it's more of CanPost's issue) where my package was sitting at a Shoppers, but they placed the pick up slip elsewhere in the community box. I have a confirmation email from TRU, so it should show your address and what was ordered.

I contacted them and they said to wait until the item is shipped back to them after not being picked up and they credited me the full amount. I was also given the alternative to have a replacement item sent to me, but I decided not to have a repeat. I never did see the item, but I got my refund.

The CSR was very helpful and the issue was pretty much resolved within a few business days.

MilanX3 01-13-2018 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoffman (Post 750949)
I also don't quite understand this part:

"while my items were at the point of being trashed, still ignored it, and when the courier opened parcels to find the right address, they didnt put receipt or invoice in so no way to prove id or even return the items..."

Why would the items be trashed? Why would the courier open the package? How do you know there was no invoice if you never got the stuff?

I'm sure you have a legitimate issue, but you need to provide a much clearer timeline of events. If this is the way you're expressing your concerns, the people at TRU are probably just as confused as the people here.

To be honest, I am not writing the issues here to recount the issue over and over again, I am here to see if anyone has contact information or advice on who to speak with to resolve these issues, as complex as they can be.

That being said, of course I do not send jumbled issues to TRU or Visa or anyone else, but I am not here to whinge about what happened, as no one here would be able to solve the issue as they are not the company or Visa, it is to see if anyone found another path to a resolution when they found problems with that specific retailer or others.

For the chargeback, it depends who is investigating it...it seems as if you were not served well on the second order you mentioned above and you should appeal it if you had the information to prove your products were delivered to the buyer.

Part of their process is to have the correct address matched with the correct name. Since TRU made so many errors and kept on changing the address, I was unable to access my own order due to their actions. I spoke with Visa, I know them well, and in this scenario if the address and receiver do not match and it is unable to be intercepted, due to address change the parcels are either returned to retailer or trashed after a limited period of time. I required TRU to communicate with me and the courier to receive the packages back...since they never responded the courier was opting to trash the parcels...I was able to get them to hold off on it, with much effort over 2 weeks due to a lack of help and communication from TRU.

Parcels were opened as a last measure to prove the items were mine by the courier in an unorthodox measure to resolve the problem to find the correct address and tracking numbers, but without the receipts/packing info. the problem persisted. Still silence from TRU on the issue.

Even if there was confusion on what occurred, which happens when a company screws up several times over, the source of the problems that is making it very complicated to resolve is the lack of assistance. Without communication it is almost impossible to resolve any issues. These problems were also all caused by TRU.ca, after much discussion with them to follow their own shipping policy. After many requests were made and escalated...they ignored further resolutions. They did nothing to clean up their own mess.

Cheers, thanks for your help.
MilanX3

MilanX3 01-13-2018 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmus (Post 750950)
I thought you can get a copy of the online order receipt on TRU site under the order history section or from the order/shipped emails.

To return items you require the packing slip that comes with the items and another page to send the items back as an option. I was missing these, no documentation sent with the items. Receipts can be found online without issue, but you need the packing slip to return in store or the other page to return via post.

MilanX3 01-13-2018 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digibasherx (Post 750952)
I recently had some issues (but I'm guessing it's more of CanPost's issue) where my package was sitting at a Shoppers, but they placed the pick up slip elsewhere in the community box. I have a confirmation email from TRU, so it should show your address and what was ordered.

I contacted them and they said to wait until the item is shipped back to them after not being picked up and they credited me the full amount. I was also given the alternative to have a replacement item sent to me, but I decided not to have a repeat. I never did see the item, but I got my refund.

The CSR was very helpful and the issue was pretty much resolved within a few business days.

Yes, that is odd as it sounds like your post office screwed up...I know for my PotP items id likely never see them again as they often do not restock and I used coupons with a sale price, so it was worth trying to resolve without anything being sent back to TRU. Also, since the didnt communicate with me and the sent it via courier, the courier needed contact info and to discuss the issues with TRU as well...with silence from them it made things so much worse. Visa advised as well might be complicated if the parcels were lost in the end as there was so many issues with id and destination. I wish I had a decent CSR to help...glad you got your issues resolved. If they made an error, and you can still find what u want they will usually honour the sale price it seems.

79transam 01-13-2018 04:32 AM

If you know Visa well, (perhaps from similar occurances) I suspect that there's a pattern here.

Moving forward I suggest making your information less complicated. From this thread, I can tell that it would benefit you to stick to a more easy to understand form of making your point. Good luck in future endeavors man.

Lioconvoy81 01-13-2018 08:24 AM

I’m baffled that any courier would be in contact with you and trust your story enough to open your packages, but not simply deliver them to you.

MilanX3 01-13-2018 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lioconvoy81 (Post 750967)
I’m baffled that any courier would be in contact with you and trust your story enough to open your packages, but not simply deliver them to you.

I did not create the issues, and TRU would not help, so Purolator was trying to find some resolution they could act upon.

I work in financials and fraud, its why I know Visa and their process well. Thanks for your support.

Hoffman 01-13-2018 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digibasherx (Post 750952)

Can't you just pick up from the PO with ID and proof of address (utility bill or something)?

Hoffman 01-13-2018 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilanX3 (Post 750960)
To be honest, I am not writing the issues here to recount the issue over and over again, I am here to see if anyone has contact information or advice on who to speak with to resolve these issues, as complex as they can be.

That being said, of course I do not send jumbled issues to TRU or Visa or anyone else, but I am not here to whinge about what happened, as no one here would be able to solve the issue as they are not the company or Visa, it is to see if anyone found another path to a resolution when they found problems with that specific retailer or others.

I'm not trying to be harsh, but you really can't go somewhere and ask people for help if you don't want to explain the details of your problem.

I asked for details only because I've worked in management in retail, and there are sometimes specific ways to get the best attention in order to get your issues resolved.

I still don't think your account of what happened is particularly clear as evidenced by the responses here. Did TRU receive your items back? Regardless of whether there was an invoice in the package, they should be able to reference the Purolator documents to find out what order it belongs to.

If you've run it up the chain with TRU.ca customer service, the only other hail mary option I would suggest would be to see if you can get the contact info for a district or regional manager from your local store. Obviously they don't work directly with the online branch, but they may be able to push a bit to get your issue resolved. I don't know though, I don't know how the TRU management structure works, they might just tell you to call the CS line.

If you don't think you'll get anywhere with Visa, you might just be out of luck. The chargeback is kind of the last resort to just get your money back, so if that doesn't work there's really no other option. And really, once you've initiated that, there's no real incentive for TRU to work with you any further on the issue.

MilanX3 01-13-2018 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoffman (Post 750991)
I'm not trying to be harsh, but you really can't go somewhere and ask people for help if you don't want to explain the details of your problem.

I asked for details only because I've worked in management in retail, and there are sometimes specific ways to get the best attention in order to get your issues resolved.

I still don't think your account of what happened is particularly clear as evidenced by the responses here. Did TRU receive your items back? Regardless of whether there was an invoice in the package, they should be able to reference the Purolator documents to find out what order it belongs to.

If you've run it up the chain with TRU.ca customer service, the only other hail mary option I would suggest would be to see if you can get the contact info for a district or regional manager from your local store. Obviously they don't work directly with the online branch, but they may be able to push a bit to get your issue resolved. I don't know though, I don't know how the TRU management structure works, they might just tell you to call the CS line.

If you don't think you'll get anywhere with Visa, you might just be out of luck. The chargeback is kind of the last resort to just get your money back, so if that doesn't work there's really no other option. And really, once you've initiated that, there's no real incentive for TRU to work with you any further on the issue.

I appreciate your help and responses. The situation is quite complex as it involves their policies and details that take time to explain as no one is an expert in how they operate. It can be difficult to suss out every detail on here. Its why I asked just for contact information or previous methods that work more than anything else. I understand your pov, but to help resolve the problem by rehashing all the time and communications with TRU and every other party doesnt move things along at this point, more interested in what people have done in the past if they had issues with TRU.

Without their supervisors responding any of the issues have become very difficult to resolve, and its why I was directing assistance towards resolutions some have had in the past with complex issues with TRU.

Problems are still in process...waiting to hear from them and packages are being held for resolution on their end but not indefinitely. Visa likely would help with funds, but it becomes alot less of a problem if the names and addresses are correct. BBB suggestion is a good one if TRU doesnt not take any actions to remedy the situation.

Thanks for your honesty and for being polite. I am sure you were very helpful with your own customers and were valued by your company.

Cheers...

MilanX3 01-13-2018 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoffman (Post 750989)
Can't you just pick up from the PO with ID and proof of address (utility bill or something)?

With CanadaPost this should be the case if they know where the parcel was, but if you get an unhelpful or untrained CP employee it can become a problem.