Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Transformers Animated Deluxe Wave 3 Released at Canadian Retail (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9450)

blitz 07-31-2008 05:31 PM

Re: Transformers Animated Deluxe Wave 3 Released at Canadian Retail

Quote:

Originally Posted by jourdo (Post 68573)
How exactly is this a "legit" exchange? You are swapping different products. I'm not trying to pick on you specifically, but just curious.

They don't track each TFA Deluxe individually and they all live on one SKU. I did my exchange but you just have to do the TRU refund paperwork.

SPLIT LIP 07-31-2008 05:54 PM

'Bout fuckin' time. Soundwave and Jazz are mine. I've decided to skip the Dinobots as I've never really liked them too much. Oilslick is non-show so he's a no-go.

lars573 07-31-2008 06:42 PM

Soundwave and Snarl for me.

alexsaurus_rex 07-31-2008 07:21 PM

Come to Ontario, my pretties!

Magnimus 07-31-2008 07:21 PM

As a former BC resident, I'm happy to see the west coast getting these before most of Canada.

Incepticon 07-31-2008 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by protoform_ironhide (Post 68513)
Anyone tried to exchange their stuff from the buy one get one free sale? Does it work?

Yup, and without any questions or raised eyebrows from staff. I just did it this afternoon by exchanging 2 x Ratchet and 2 x Blackarachnia that I grabbed during the sale for Soundwave, Oil Slick, Jazz & Snarl - all of which are still the same SKU btw. In fact, I still have an extra Bumblebee and another Blackarachnia that I plan to exchange for Sentinel Prime & Swoop once they become available since unopened items aren't subject to the 45 day refund window and can be exchanged at any time. Essentially my 'master plan' was to ultimately get 10 figures for the price of 5... made possible by the 2-for-1 sale and not already having the Wave 1 Deluxes before the sale kicked in. If I was really thinking ahead, I would have planned for Blurr & Swindle too. Doh!

I don't agree with people hiding figures or swapping out old figures with new ones and then returning them (ie: original Movie Prime w/ Premium Prime), but I have no problem whatsoever with exchanging extra MISB figures for newer ones that I still need to get. And if another 2-for-1 sale kicks in before Blurr & Swindle are released, I'll absolutely do it again. Yessir.

pandaprime 07-31-2008 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by protoform_ironhide (Post 68513)
Anyone tried to exchange their stuff from the buy one get one free sale? Does it work?

I can also confirm I have exchanged the four wave 1 figures I got from the sale for the four wave 3 figures straight up.

Yes it works because the deluxe figures all use the same SKU (I really like that about TRU!) and thus they are all the same price. I just had to fill out some paperwork which took just a few minutes.

Icetron 07-31-2008 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pandaprime (Post 68672)
I can also confirm I have exchanged the four wave 1 figures I got from the sale for the four wave 3 figures straight up.

Yes it works because the deluxe figures all use the same SKU (I really like that about TRU!) and thus they are all the same price. I just had to fill out some paperwork which took just a few minutes.

+1 Yeah, I exchanged my MOSC Prowl with no problems today.

down_shift 07-31-2008 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northerncrowe (Post 68534)
It should work. It's worked every year for the past 2 or 3. It's a legit exchange.

It works. I haven't ran into any problems. Besides, big box stores don't ask for a receipt for things as small as a few toys. As long as they get product back of equal value they are happy.

The Ark 08-01-2008 08:39 PM

I do realize that it is a rarity for the West coast to receive releases first, but any idea when these sought after gems will be reaching Ontario?