Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Toronto Maple Leafs Goalie James Reimer adopts "Optimus Reim" nickname and design (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=30436)

Cheers Ian 03-31-2011 10:11 AM

Toronto Maple Leafs Goalie James Reimer adopts "Optimus Reim" nickname and design

1 Attachment(s)
In a cool bit of news courtesy of soundwaveCA, the Globe and Mail has posted an article on how the Toronto Maple Leafs newest goalie James Reimer has taken to the "Optimus Reim" nickname and has even gone as far as placing the logo on his Goalie mask.

Check it out here.

Metroplex79 03-31-2011 10:14 AM

Re: Toronto Maple Leafs Goalie James Reimer adopts "Optimus Reim" nickname and design

:eek:

:clapping:

That's awesome!!!

Awaits to see who else will jump on the Transformers train.

To make it more awesome, they should play "The Touch" after every home win. :D

Crobot91 03-31-2011 10:21 AM

Re: Toronto Maple Leafs Goalie James Reimer adopts "Optimus Reim" nickname and design

The difference is that this new version of 'Optimus' is forever on a losing team, lol...

Pascal 03-31-2011 10:22 AM

Awesome, I almost want to be a Leafs fan now. :p

Cheers Ian 03-31-2011 10:33 AM

The funny thing is, I just got this T-shirt on Tuesday!

Omega.Prime 03-31-2011 10:34 AM

Nice! That will get alot of Transfomers exposure out there too... Anyone gonna buy a shirt? LOL

http://puckinghilarious.spreadshirt....reim-I11028128

Not a Leafs fan but I hope he keeps doing well, can't wait to see what his helmet art will be next year :D

Mike 03-31-2011 10:42 AM

Too bad he's a crappy goalie XD poor leafs, just can't quite get there, this year!! At least they aren't doing as bad as my favorite team though, the senators.. them and Edmonton are a big dissapointment this year.

Anyways, back on topic, I love the logo, looks pretty cool!!

down_shift 03-31-2011 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 327156)
Awesome, I almost want to be a Leafs fan now. :p

Ha ha old news, but still cool.

Don't get me wrong you Habs fans make me wanna wretch but don't you ever jump on that sinking ship!

He needs to sharpen his game a bit but he'll be good one day, and hopefully by that time he'll be a part of my Bruins.

Pascal 03-31-2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by down_shift (Post 327164)
Don't get me wrong you Habs fans make me wanna wretch but don't you ever jump on that sinking ship!

I cheer for the Bruins this year, not the Habs! Tim Thomas is the man. He's like a reborn version of Kelly Hrudey, only better.

UltraMarknus 03-31-2011 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crobot91 (Post 327155)
The difference is that this new version of 'Optimus' is forever on a losing team, lol...

FYI Toronto has a winning record...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike (Post 327162)
Too bad he's a crappy goalie XD poor leafs, just can't quite get there, this year!! At least they aren't doing as bad as my favorite team though, the senators.. them and Edmonton are a big dissapointment this year.

FYI Optimus Reim is having a pretty damn good year so I'm not sure what this "crappy goalie" comment is all about....ooohhh...Senators fan...yyeeaaa nevermind, I think that disqualifies you from being considered knowledgable about Hockey whatsoever :p

T-SHIRT BOUGHT!!!!

EDIT: Went with the hoodie...I can't believe I just spent $44 on a hoodie LOL!

Rietzey 03-31-2011 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 327166)
I cheer for the Bruins this year, not the Habs! Tim Thomas is the man. He's like a reborn version of Kelly Hrudey, only better.

The B's have one of the best goaltending tandems (if not the best) in the NHL right now, for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltraMarknus (Post 327170)

FYI Optimus Reim is having a pretty damn good year so I'm not sure what this "crappy goalie" comment is all about....ooohhh...Senators fan...yyeeaaa nevermind, I think that disqualifies you from being considered knowledgable about Hockey whatsoever :p

T-SHIRT BOUGHT!!!!

EDIT: Went with the hoodie...I can't believe I just spent $44 on a hoodie LOL!

Well said sir. Especially Senators fans that beak about poor goaltending...here's hoping Reimer's not a one-year wonder and he can keep rolling next season.

Love the logo itself, simple enough to be used for goalies in general too.

razin 03-31-2011 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike (Post 327162)

WHAT? I guess a record of 18-8-4, gaa 2.55 pct .922 is pretty shitty........oh wait his record is better then all 5 of Ottawa's goaltenders.

I know we are just razzing here, leafs fans are required to argue with senators fans :)

But seriously, for a rookie call up who was only supposed to cover a game or two due to injuries/wellness of Giggy and the "Monster" he has had a sensational season. Next training camp should be interesting, I'd guess giggy and his 6mil contract will need a new home.

Metroplex79 03-31-2011 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razin (Post 327184)
WHAT? I guess a record of 18-8-4, gaa 2.55 pct .922 is pretty shitty........oh wait his record is better then all 5 of Ottawa's goaltenders.....

:clapping:

UltraMarknus 03-31-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

WHAT? I guess a record of 18-8-4, gaa 2.55 pct .922 is pretty shitty........oh wait his record is better then all 5 of Ottawa's goaltenders.

...and this is even more impressive considering how much the Leafs D leave the kid out to dry LOL. Thank gawd Phaneuf has finally come around offensively. Aulie may end up being the steal of that deal.

LONG LIVE OPTIMUS REIM (please)!!

Darth Wave 03-31-2011 12:18 PM

Oh man you LEAF FANS! Get over it, the season is OVER, the team stinks, Phaneuf was a bust. The Senators/ Habs will be contenders before the Leafs will. Heck... I'll even say the "Winterpeg Jets" will be a better team next year. :)

On a side note... Love the logo, good on you Rimer!

GO CANUCKS GO!

Pascal 03-31-2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rietzey (Post 327182)
The B's have one of the best goaltending tandems (if not the best) in the NHL right now, for sure.

Rask kinda sucks this year (10-13-2, 2.69, .918). Thank God for Tim Thomas (33-10-8, 1.96, .940).

Darth Wave 03-31-2011 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 327197)
Rask sucks this year, he's piling losses like mad.

he started off good but then tailed off...

Cheers Ian 03-31-2011 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Wave (Post 327191)
Oh man you LEAF FANS! Get over it, the season is OVER, the team stinks, Phaneuf was a bust. The Senators/ Habs will be contenders before the Leafs will. Heck... I'll even say the "Winterpeg Jets" will be a better team next year. :)

On a side note... Love the logo, good on you Rimer!

GO CANUCKS GO!

The Leafs have actually had a great season post-all star break. It's a shame that they only started to gel as a team now, and weren't playing like they have been the whole season.

Phaneuf is finally doing what was expected of him, Reimer's excellent goal tending, and the addition of rookies like Kadri have really helped the team out.

I'm hoping by next season they will have figured everything out and will be a force to be reckoned with.

But until then...GO PENS GO!

Team Jetfire 03-31-2011 01:01 PM

That's pretty cool. Love seeing Transformers becoming part of our pop culter.

Mike 03-31-2011 01:09 PM

Quote:

I know we are just razzing here, leafs fans are required to argue with senators fans :)

Oh don't get me started about how dissapointed I am about the sens XD I ended up only watching one game this season, haha, too bad to watch. I watch the leafs game all the time with my Gf's dad, He bought a 65" DLP tv, and an HD reciever just to watch the leafs game. so awesome.

Prowl_2009 03-31-2011 01:35 PM

LOL, cool! :cool:

JLvatron 03-31-2011 01:54 PM

I'm not a hockey fan, but this is cool! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crobot91 (Post 327155)

Funny, some Decepticon out there think the same for the old Optimus! :D

UltraPrimal 03-31-2011 03:14 PM

Why is he nicknamed "Optimus Reim"? I haven't really been keeping up with the Leafs.:o

Robimus 03-31-2011 03:18 PM

So at what point does this get him an invite to TFCon?.

If he's actually a fan he might be an interesting guest if the price is right.

jjwankenobi 03-31-2011 03:33 PM

Hmmm...I wonder if I can start a petition for the Canucks to start using nicknames for their star players like "Luongimus Prime" and "Sunstreaker" and "Sideswipe" Sedin for the twins.

Maybe then they'll change the pre-game song to "The Touch"!

Metroplex79 03-31-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltraPrimal (Post 327253)
Why is he nicknamed "Optimus Reim"? I haven't really been keeping up with the Leafs.:o

Like the 86 movie, when all hope was lost...here comes the guy that turned it all around.

Reality: after Giggy and the Monster got hurt, he came up expecting to play only a few games, till one of them came back, but then he did so well that he's now pretty much our #1 goalie.

Pascal 03-31-2011 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Wave (Post 327199)
he started off good but then tailed off...

Not really, he started the season with a 1-6-1 record... Luckily for him, he got a short (4 games) winning streak at the end of February.

Crobot91 03-31-2011 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltraMarknus (Post 327170)

FYI Not making the playoffs for six years and counting does not constitute a 'winning' record in today's NHL. Being a .500 team means nothing ever since the shootout was implemented unless, of course, you make the playoffs.

The only thing Toronto wins at is being the most profitable team in the NHL, lol... Thank God I'm a habs fan and have had the luxury of seeing Montreal win the Cup twice. :D

razin 03-31-2011 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltraPrimal (Post 327253)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metroplex79 (Post 327262)
Like the 86 movie, when all hope was lost...here comes the guy that turned it all around.

Reality: after Giggy and the Monster got hurt, he came up expecting to play only a few games, till one of them came back, but then he did so well that he's now pretty much our #1 goalie.

Like Metroplex79 stated. And his name is James Reimer

Pascal 03-31-2011 08:15 PM

I wonder if Carey Price will ever get nicknamed Optimus Price? Maybe we should get the ball rolling (despite his shitty end of season).

UltraMarknus 03-31-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 327347)
I wonder if Carey Price will ever get nicknamed Optimus Price? Maybe we should get the ball rolling (despite his shitty end of season).

Nothing will ever beat Andre "red light" Racicot

UltraMarknus 04-13-2011 10:27 PM

Received my jersey today. Hurrah! Love it!