Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Toronto Maple Leafs Goalie James Reimer adopts "Optimus Reim" nickname and design (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=30436)

Prowl_2009 03-31-2011 01:35 PM

Re: Toronto Maple Leafs Goalie James Reimer adopts "Optimus Reim" nickname and design

LOL, cool! :cool:

JLvatron 03-31-2011 01:54 PM

Re: Toronto Maple Leafs Goalie James Reimer adopts "Optimus Reim" nickname and design

I'm not a hockey fan, but this is cool! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crobot91 (Post 327155)
The difference is that this new version of 'Optimus' is forever on a losing team, lol...

Funny, some Decepticon out there think the same for the old Optimus! :D

UltraPrimal 03-31-2011 03:14 PM

Why is he nicknamed "Optimus Reim"? I haven't really been keeping up with the Leafs.:o

Robimus 03-31-2011 03:18 PM

So at what point does this get him an invite to TFCon?.

If he's actually a fan he might be an interesting guest if the price is right.

jjwankenobi 03-31-2011 03:33 PM

Hmmm...I wonder if I can start a petition for the Canucks to start using nicknames for their star players like "Luongimus Prime" and "Sunstreaker" and "Sideswipe" Sedin for the twins.

Maybe then they'll change the pre-game song to "The Touch"!

Metroplex79 03-31-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltraPrimal (Post 327253)
Why is he nicknamed "Optimus Reim"? I haven't really been keeping up with the Leafs.:o

Like the 86 movie, when all hope was lost...here comes the guy that turned it all around.

Reality: after Giggy and the Monster got hurt, he came up expecting to play only a few games, till one of them came back, but then he did so well that he's now pretty much our #1 goalie.

Pascal 03-31-2011 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Wave (Post 327199)
he started off good but then tailed off...

Not really, he started the season with a 1-6-1 record... Luckily for him, he got a short (4 games) winning streak at the end of February.

Crobot91 03-31-2011 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltraMarknus (Post 327170)
FYI Toronto has a winning record...

FYI Not making the playoffs for six years and counting does not constitute a 'winning' record in today's NHL. Being a .500 team means nothing ever since the shootout was implemented unless, of course, you make the playoffs.

The only thing Toronto wins at is being the most profitable team in the NHL, lol... Thank God I'm a habs fan and have had the luxury of seeing Montreal win the Cup twice. :D

razin 03-31-2011 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltraPrimal (Post 327253)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metroplex79 (Post 327262)
Like the 86 movie, when all hope was lost...here comes the guy that turned it all around.

Reality: after Giggy and the Monster got hurt, he came up expecting to play only a few games, till one of them came back, but then he did so well that he's now pretty much our #1 goalie.

Like Metroplex79 stated. And his name is James Reimer

Pascal 03-31-2011 08:15 PM

I wonder if Carey Price will ever get nicknamed Optimus Price? Maybe we should get the ball rolling (despite his shitty end of season).