Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Deluxe Jazz (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=64763)

Ironwave 07-02-2016 12:08 AM

Deluxe Jazz

RTS Jazz is a nice figure and would do great in a CHUG collection display. But there's a few issues that bugs me about RTS Jazz, he has a frown face when Jazz is known to be outgoing, dynamic, down to Earth type character, why not have a smiley face instead? My second issue is, his car mode, where he transforms into a Street Rally car, instead of his original Porsche car mode, why did they chose to go with the Street Rally car over the Porsche? Any news if Titans Return will release a Jazz figure or have we settled with the RTS figure? One last thing, is there a 3rd party that did a Deluxe Jazz with the Porsche car mode?

Larkhainan 07-02-2016 12:13 AM

Re: Deluxe Jazz

He's special ops jazz. He's frowning because he's doing some wetworks.

There is no jazz announced in TR, and that seems unlikely.

I think a couple have been announced but I don't think any 3P company has had a Jazz make it to market.

joshimus 07-02-2016 12:14 AM

Jazz's original vehicle mode license has...ahem...not been procured. Hence the different car design and why no MP Jazz was made...except a 3P that doesn't care about licenses.
I would LOVE and MP Jazz, good and proper one. Probably won't happen aside from 3P

timcrook 07-02-2016 12:18 AM

I think choices for Jazz are very limited for MP and C.H.U.G. collections. You have F.o.c. and r.t.s Jazz. That's it.

About the issue of not looking like a Porsche, then Hasbro might have to pay licensing fees.

I think there is a upcoming 3rd party Jazz but it is MP scale and the alt mode is a modern style Porsche, not 80s style.

Ironwave 07-02-2016 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshimus (Post 697628)
Jazz's original vehicle mode license has...ahem...not been procured. Hence the different car design and why no MP Jazz was made...except a 3P that doesn't care about licenses.
I would LOVE and MP Jazz, good and proper one. Probably won't happen aside from 3P

Just like there's no real MP Sunstreaker (No Yellow Sideswipe). What does licensing has to do with the figure? It's not a movie but a toy figure.

Bountyan 07-02-2016 01:46 AM

I love United Jazz. It would be a 10/10 toy if the chest could actually lock properly.

protoform_ironhide 07-02-2016 01:53 AM

It seems like you need to wait for a proper MP Jazz if you don't like the RTS Jazz.

I give RTS Jazz 9/10. He is good enough now for CHUG. I rather not have any new CHUG Jazz if it isn't any better than the RTS version.

Sun Swipe Prime 07-02-2016 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironwave (Post 697641)
Just like there's no real MP Sunstreaker (No Yellow Sideswipe). What does licensing has to do with the figure? It's not a movie but a toy figure.

Licencing allows them to use the Porsche logos and names, likenesses, etc. without getting sued.

You just can't use another company's logo on your products without permission.

Look what happened with MP Exhaust. They had a paint job that resembled the Marlboro cigarette carton and they got a nice legal notice from the cigarette company telling them to stop.

As for Sunstreaker, I'm sure they'll get around to it sooner or later.

Masta_Skidz 07-02-2016 07:19 AM

First off I would like to say that I am not trying to be rude but your problem is that you only want CHUG figures and you want them to be as G1 as possible and that is not going to happen every thread you make is just that complaining that CHUG Figures are not G1 enough and then when we try to steer you to MP as that is the closest to G1 animation and toys you ignore it. My advise to you is forget completely forget about classics and go with MP style bots they are more expensive but they are nicer and more high end and don't look like a bunch of child's toys on a self. You can say that the bulk of the figures is missing but by the time you get what you want they will have more out.

This is just what I think as you want them to all be the BEST G1 and closest to real car mode is always going to be MP

Buhawi 07-02-2016 07:58 AM

Hastak settling for figures means they stopped liking money. Look at the multiple versions (different molds) of the same character in classics alone.

Lastly, yes you can complain like (most) fans but you can instead be the few who actually do something before you even open your mouth to complain. Visit the radicons or check the bashes here in the custom forum.